Chelsea will win the league this season

Chelsea will win the league this season

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Aug 09

Oh no they won't............

......................oh yes they will.

Actually, I honestly think they will this year. I know they are my team (la la) but there is a certain solidity about them, thier play and thier attitude.

I could be wrong of course - if so, who's first to tell me why?

Moves
18 Aug 09

we'll see, it's a long season. but they have to be favorites at the moment.

KG

Moves
18 Aug 09

Of course they will! Did you see that awesome goal from Didier Drogba? Or the penalty saves from Petr Cech?

Greco

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
19 Aug 09

This is the year for the gunners.

I hope they win.

Something.

Anything.

Please?

:'(

J

Moves
19 Aug 09

Originally posted by divegeester

Actually, I honestly think they will this year.
I bet you where saying the same thing about them last season with their 4-0 win in their first match...only to finish third!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Aug 09

Originally posted by Jamesqt
I bet you where saying the same thing about them last season with their 4-0 win in their first match...only to finish third!
Possibly although not with any conviction - was that before Jose went - it all happens so fast! Let me just say then, theat I think they are in a much better place than they have been for a couple of seasons.

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
19 Aug 09

Oh no they won't............

......................oh yes they will.

Actually, I honestly think they will this year. I know they are my team (la la) but there is a certain solidity about them, thier play and thier attitude.

I could be wrong of course - if so, who's first to tell me why?
I have Chelsea pegged to win the league, but if we're playing the hypothetical game in which they don't win it, I think it's because their lack of width will be exposed. Managers will find a way to counter the diamond formation and force Chelsea into long-ball slug-a-thons that end in many a draw.

If Chelsea don't win it, I think Man U will. Naturally, I want the Gunners to win it. But until Wenger brings in a DM and CB, I don't think they can last the long haul (Song and Gallas won't play at their current level all year).

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Aug 09

Originally posted by Fleabitten
I have Chelsea pegged to win the league, but if we're playing the hypothetical game in which they don't win it, I think it's because their lack of width will be exposed. Managers will find a way to counter the diamond formation and force Chelsea into long-ball slug-a-thons that end in many a draw.

If Chelsea don't win it, I think Man U will. Naturall ...[text shortened]... they can last the long haul (Song and Gallas won't play at their current level all year).
Good points Flea. Joe Cole could add a little width, dropping mikel to the bench and Essien to holding. Or he may bring a surpise signing in before the window closes.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
20 Aug 09

Wake up and smell the roses - Chelsea are at best runner ups and more likely 3rd or 4th

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Aug 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
Wake up and smell the roses - Chelsea are at best runner ups and more likely 3rd or 4th
Aren't you...Scottish?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Aug 09

I think this season will be relatively wide open. It's hard to see any of the big being as consistent as Man U have been in the last years.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
20 Aug 09

Aren't you...Scottish?
At least you managed to get that right now try it with your football predictions

R
The Blues Boy

Moves
24 Aug 09

I believe chelsea will win it because Man U have lost Ronaldo this year

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
24 Aug 09

In a way, yes, I support that view.

I really, really don't know if Ferguson seriously thought Nani could replace Ronaldo for matches that desperately need a change of pace. Tevez also was important for that. And he got rid of him. He is left with a good team though incapable of drastic tempo switches, which makes them predictable.

As predictable as Chelsea is, because I don't know what they can achieve when Drogba is not there to input the explosion of his game.

My bet is Arsenal. Well balanced, good treatment of the round one. Their lacking, as it has been the case for the last 4 years, is the physical game. They lack muscle.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Aug 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
At least you managed to get that right now try it with your football predictions
Ha! It was a fifty fifty chance -- just like who will win the SPL 😛