Chelsea and Man Utd

Chelsea and Man Utd

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
26 Apr 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Virtue76
I must admit, that first half performance was worrying.

Ronaldo is not a centre forward, he has got his goals coming from the wing/deep not with his back to goal.

Soft penalty, but I think it was. Carrick probably couldn't do anything about it.

Good to see Utd go for it, couple of goal line clearences on another day could of gone in.
Yes , but why go for it in the last 2 mins at 2-1 down? Anyone could see the potential we had to put the wind up chelski and score goals. The title was there to be won . We had a free shot at it at the bridge and did n't really give ourselves a fighting chance. But no , fergie keeps the gloves on. It was only a matter of time before we conceded.

Ok , so if we had attacked and had a real go we might have lost 3-0 or 4-3 but maybe we could have won 3-2 . If you don't buy a ticket you can win the lottery. Chelsea bought a ticket because they had to but we bottled it. It a disgrace. If they lose it now the players will always look back on that game and wonder what might have been if they had had a crack at it. Anyway , who wants to limp half heartedly across the line like scared sheep...? That's Chelsea's game and they do it better than United. Why can't fergie play to our strengths? What's the point in buying carrick , tevez, nani , anderson , ronaldo etc if we don't use them to attack , pass and play football?

We will win the title despite fergie's tactics not because of them.The man is a god but he has a tactical achilles heel somewhere.

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
26 Apr 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
Yes , but why go for it in the last 2 mins at 2-1 down? Anyone could see the potential we had to put the wind up chelski and score goals. The title was there to be won . We had a free shot at it at the bridge and did n't really give ourselves a fighting chance. But no , fergie keeps the gloves on. It was only a matter of time before we conceded.

...[text shortened]... tics not because of them.The man is a god but he has a tactical achilles heel somewhere.
I think you maybe being a bit too harsh. Man Utd are in a good position but they have lost a lot of games this year (twice to City!).
I understand what you are saying, Utd have been too cautious of late but if they lose the title it will not be because of one away defeat to Chelsea.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
26 Apr 08

Originally posted by Virtue76
I think you maybe being a bit too harsh. Man Utd are in a good position but they have lost a lot of games this year (twice to City!).
I understand what you are saying, Utd have been too cautious of late but if they lose the title it will not be because of one away defeat to Chelsea.
It's not just the one game though it's a series of games. They were awsome against Villa but it's all gone very tense since then. They are just not playing well. United allowed Arsenal far too much space to play and could have lost to barca too. The whole team look as if the pressure is telling and fergie's not helping by his tactics.

My point about the chelsea game is that if fergie felt he could afford to lose it (which he obviously did by resting key players ) then why not just have a crack at it. The chelsea game was the very first opportunity thay had to win the title by winning one game. They had to give themselves a decent chance knowing that if it all goes wrong (which it did anyway) then they get another chance. I just think United are always at their worst playing with fear. It doesn't suit the players we have.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
26 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by spurs73
no sign of Rooney was Once a Blue and Rag!!

go on United fans.. we all know you guys are all sheeting yourselfs!
Obviously I'm dissapointed we lost today.
We were 5 minutes from the title, it was a dubious penalty, we are having a lot of bad luck with injuries, however Chelsea deserved the victory.

I'm still very cofident we'll beat West Ham at home and Wigan away to win the league.

I think Ronaldo having been droppped was a master stroke by Sir Alex.

Its going to be really close agaist Barcelona, hope Rooney is fit.
Still think we'll win the double.
We haven't been playing as well becasue of unexpected injuries to key players and we have been paying teams we always play badly against.

United have never won at Barcelona.
Won 1 in the last 8 games at Blackburn.
We are having to play Hargreaves at RB and Vidic hasn't played 180 minutes of football in god knows how long.

My prediction way back in August was:-

Manchester United
Chelsea
Tottenham
Arsenal

One obvious mistake there.

Remember, never write off Manchester United.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
26 Apr 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Obviously I'm dissapointed we lost today.
We were 5 minutes from the title, it was a dubious penalty, we are having a lot of bad luck with injuries, however Chelsea deserved the victory.

I'm still very cofident we'll beat West Ham at home and Wigan away to win the league.

I think Ronaldo having been droppped was a master stroke by Sir Alex. ...[text shortened]... ham
Arsenal

One obvious mistake there.

Remember, never write off Manchester United.
I think they still have a great chance but my worry is that they are going to need to step up the performance levels to do it , and that's not easy after the cautious s***te they have been playing. It's been a while now since they looked fluent and confident. The first 25 minutes against boro was good but since then it's been bitty at best.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by wideawake
hahahaha SHOULD OF being the phrase😀
Can we not talk about the end of last season please?

Many thanks.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
27 Apr 08

I can't understand why Fergie has suddenly started playing Ronaldo as an out and out centre-forward?
He's had a phenomenal season, scoring God knows how many goals (most of which have come from a deeper position).

Is Fergie the new 'Tinkerman'???

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by blade68
I can't understand why Fergie has suddenly started playing Ronaldo as an out and out centre-forward?
He's had a phenomenal season, scoring God knows how many goals (most of which have come from a deeper position).

Is Fergie the new 'Tinkerman'???
I must admit, playing Ronaldo up front has coincided with his loss of form.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
I must admit, playing Ronaldo up front has coincided with his loss of form.
Thinking too much about what's at stake and not focussing on playing football has coincided with the entire team's loss of form!