Champions Leauge Final

Champions Leauge Final

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AB

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by Virtue76
How dare you, he is my hero!

And an England legend.
No problem with that - he was a very good player. However, I'm a Liverpool fan and Welsh, Bryan Roson was captain of ManU and England - you might be able to see why I didn't particularly like him!

Shame his about his injuries, he missed some very big games for England where he might have made a difference.

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by Angry Boy
No problem with that - he was a very good player. However, I'm a Liverpool fan and Welsh, Bryan Roson was captain of ManU and England - you might be able to see why I didn't particularly like him!

Shame his about his injuries, he missed some very big games for England where he might have made a difference.
I apologise, didn't realise.

s

6yd box

Moves
21 May 08

I apologise, didn't realise.
was wondering...are you....like..'sorry'.... because he is a Liverpool fan ...or sorry because he is Welsh?;😏

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
21 May 08

I enjoy penalty shoot outs... Great DRAMA!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
21 May 08
1 edit

Some thoughts...
United started the game sublimely. When Rooney swept the ball out to Ronaldo, who played it into Tevez, I was willing the ball into the net, not because it'd gone to 2-0, but because it would have been one of the best goals of the decade.

For some reason, United couldn't reignite the beautiful game they had going in the first half after the equaliser. Chelsea relied on their hurly burly, lottery approach which presented them a couple of great chances, and Lampard especially was unlucky not score a second.

Vidic was immense. For some reason, United couldn't get Scholes on the ball in the second half, and that contributed to United's lack of domination after the first half.

I think it's great that Chelsea's (and especially Terry's) lack of sportsmanship, as I commented previously, contributed to their downfall. Tevez was dead right to behave as Chelsea had behaved with regard to giving back the ball, and this reciprocation of Chelsea's lack of sportsmanship contributed to Terry's tears as surely Drogba would have been taking that crucial peno.

I'm also glad (now that we've still won) that Ronaldo missed his peno. He really needs to be brought down to earth before next season. He was excellent in the first half.

Superb first half, poor remainder decided by a lottery: not ideal, but nice result.

United's man of the match: Vidic.

[EDIT] Kudos to Fergie as well. Reverted to a PL formation. Noted the fact that Cole always dominates Ronaldo and switched him permanently to the left. Switched it when it became obvious that United were being dominated in the second half. No doubt now. Best Manager EVAH!

D

s

Moves
21 May 08

I'm not a fan of shootouts. Not a good way to lose a game!

D

Moves
21 May 08

A night of high drama for all Reds!!

Fantastic stuff. I think over the competition as a whole we have deserved it. Perhaps rode our luck a bit tonight at times although the Chelski equaliser was not without its good fortune.

Vidic was absolutely immense. Drogba is a massive physical presence and pivotal to Chelski style of football however Vidic was the clear winner in this duel.

On another note, it was surprising that Park didnt make squad considering how many of the big games he has started lately..

68, 99, 08

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
22 May 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Ragnorak
When Rooney swept the ball out to Ronaldo, who played it into Tevez, I was willing the ball into the net, not because it'd gone to 2-0, but because it would have been one of the best goals of the decade.
Gotta agree. Was a brilliant counter-attacking move. It was a shame that the initial header and follow up shot were both straight at Cech.

Re: Drogba taking a Pen over JT, think they'd have both been taking. Belletti was brought on to fill the Drogba gap - I was convinced either he or Anderson would miss their pens!

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
22 May 08

Originally posted by spurs73
was wondering...are you....like..'sorry'.... because he is a Liverpool fan ...or sorry because he is Welsh?;😏
BOTH!

CHAMPIONSCHAMPIONSCHAMPIONS

😵

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
22 May 08

What was up with the pitch? I have never seen so many players going down with cramp!

AB

Moves
22 May 08

Originally posted by rhb
Re: Drogba taking a Pen over JT, think they'd have both been taking. Belletti was brought on to fill the Drogba gap - I was convinced either he or Anderson would miss their pens!
Belleti was brought on with seconds to go - he wasn't brought on to fill the Droba gap, he was brought on to take a penalty. JT was not going to be one of the first 5 until Drogba went off.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
22 May 08

How dare you, he is my hero!

And an England legend.
He may have been an England legend I agree, but one of the worst Managers we've ever had at BDTBL... (beautiful downtown Bramall Lane)... I was pleased to see the back of the drunk.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
22 May 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Some thoughts...
United started the game sublimely. When Rooney swept the ball out to Ronaldo, who played it into Tevez, I was willing the ball into the net, not because it'd gone to 2-0, but because it would have been one of the best goals of the decade.

For some reason, United couldn't reignite the beautiful game they had going in the first half afte ...[text shortened]... ted were being dominated in the second half. No doubt now. Best Manager EVAH!

D
Fair assessment...

United had the 1st half, Chelsea the 2nd...

Vidic did have an excellent game - never gave Drogba a look in.
Tevez grafted his preverbials off again...
...and I've never been a big fan of Wes Brown, but I thought he had an excellent game too (apart from creating Ronaldo's goal)...

I'm pleased that Man Utd won, but perhaps more pleased that it wasn't the boring match that many of us expected!

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
22 May 08

Originally posted by blade68
He may have been an England legend I agree, but one of the worst Managers we've ever had at BDTBL... (beautiful downtown Bramall Lane)... I was pleased to see the back of the drunk.
Managing Sheffields second team would drive me to drink 🙄

I do agree though, lousy manager.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
22 May 08

[b]Managing Sheffields second team
I'm not biting... you know this isn't true.