Canada Sets Gold Record At 14

Canada Sets Gold Record At 14

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Mar 10

Canada has the most Gold Medals ever won at the Winter games with that number 14. Also was their first Gold Medal ever on Canadian soil.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Mar 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Canada has the most Gold Medals ever won at the Winter games with that number 14. Also was their first Gold Medal ever on Canadian soil.
Sort of soothes the pain of the two previous times they hosted the Olympics and posted a big goose egg.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Mar 10
2 edits

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Sort of soothes the pain of the two previous times they hosted the Olympics and posted a big goose egg.
And then some, now were top of the world when it comes to Gold Medals at Winter Games! 😉 Go Canada Go!!! 🙂

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Mar 10

And then some, now were top of the world when it comes to Gold Medals at Winter Games! 😉 Go Canada Go!!! 🙂
I guess one out of three is a good average eh???? 😛😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I guess one out of three is a good average eh???? 😛😉
I know your math is way better than that!

Don't you mean 14 Gold in one is Excellent? 😛

We set a world record here, no one else has done this in the Winter Games!

You're suppose to bow, and say well done! 😉

Moves
01 Mar 10

I know your math is way better than that!

Don't you mean 14 Gold in one is Excellent? 😛

We set a world record here, no one else has done this in the Winter Games!

You're suppose to bow, and say well done! 😉
if you look at the number of golds won to number of gold available ratio, canada have broken no records 😛

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by trev33
if you look at the number of golds won to number of gold available ratio, canada have broken no records 😛
Ok Clueless! 😛

Canada has won more Gold Medals in The Winter Games than any ONE Country winning 14. The old record was 13. Get Raven 69 to explain it to you, if you still don't understand. 😛

p

Moves
02 Mar 10

The point was the U.S.S.R had the old record at 13 gold medals... but then again that was a bunch of countries working together in one. Now all those countries that separated compete under their own country name. Back then there were way less events I think is the point he was trying to make. So for us Canadians to get 14 now with more events breaks the record but the ratio of available gold to the # won (14) isn't as impressive as winning 13 gold before compared to the amount available (way less back then).

Canada did awesome either way 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by pijun
The point was the U.S.S.R had the old record at 13 gold medals... but then again that was a bunch of countries working together in one. Now all those countries that separated compete under their own country name. Back then there were way less events I think is the point he was trying to make. So for us Canadians to get 14 now with more events breaks the re ...[text shortened]... fore compared to the amount available (way less back then).

Canada did awesome either way 🙂
I think Norway also had 13 at one time if I am not mistaken.

Yes, after not having any Gold in our previous two Winter Olympics at Home, it is really a big accomplishment. Plus no one has more for now, and will not for at least 4 years. 😉

s

Moves
02 Mar 10

I think Norway also had 13 at one time if I am not mistaken.

Yes, after not having any Gold in our previous two Winter Olympics at Home, it is really a big accomplishment. Plus no one has more for now, and will not for at least 4 years. 😉
Well done, Canada! Gold standard and great games. I was thoroughly impressed! Hope the Russian games are this good!

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
05 Mar 10
1 edit

This has to exceed Canadian expectations, the fact they won gold in both men's and women's hockey was even sweeter. There must have been a lot of pressure on both teams

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by bill718
This has to exceed Canadian expectations, the fact they won gold in both men's and women's hockey was even sweeter. There must have been a lot of pressure on both teams
You think? 😛 😉