Brewer fans!

Brewer fans!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Apr 08

Originally posted by LivingForJesus
cubs fan huh

Braun MVP!!!
🙂 does it show?
Kelly

DR

Moves
12 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
Fielder is a vegetarian.

Go Brewers!

(P.S. Gagne was an overpriced used-up mistake by the brewers. I hope it doesn't hurt them too bad in the long run.)
I was a bit surprised that the Brewers went for Gagne, especially seeing as how poorly he fared with the Red Sox after the Dodgers (?) let him go. I like the Brewers, I really do. I like their ballpark, I like their sausage/wiener races, I like how their mascot used to slide down into a big mug of beer after a home run (I think the Brewers should get an exception and be allowed to have the big foamy beer post-home run mascot slide celebration, they are named the brewers after all) and this year the central looks to be really close, so here's looking forward to a great year with some tight races!

still,
Go Cubs!

n
The Conductor

With the band

Moves
13 Apr 08

It has always bothered me how the Brewers came into the National League. For me, it would have made a lot more sense to just put Kansas City in the AL West and put the Brewers in the AL Central. It just bugs me how there are four divisions with five teams, one with six, and one with only four.

Just another thing Bud Selig (Where's he from, again?) screwed up on.

Not that it has mattered much in pennant races until last year...

np

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
13 Apr 08

Pirates....gah....

We won today though.

w

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
Pirates....gah....

We won today though.
Tell me about it. I was all psyched for a good Reds season unitl they rolled into Pittsburg and got swepted by your lowly Pirates. I know its early but I have given up hope for the most part already. :'(

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
28 Apr 08

Originally posted by neonpeon41
It has always bothered me how the Brewers came into the National League. For me, it would have made a lot more sense to just put Kansas City in the AL West and put the Brewers in the AL Central. It just bugs me how there are four divisions with five teams, one with six, and one with only four.

np
The Brewers and their fans (most apparently) always wanted to be in the National League, ever since the Braves left and they were awarded the new franchise. They didn't like the American League, and constantly whined about it. The commission merely gave them there wish from what I understand.. it also leaves room for expansion.

Speaking of the Brew-crew, they were beaten again by the Marlins in another tight battle. Marlins are a surprisingly solid team, especially after last year!

l

Moves
28 Apr 08

Originally posted by neonpeon41

np
It would make absolutely no sense to have an odd number of teams in each league and then (1) have off days in the middle of the season (2) continually have interleague play which ignores the fact that there are two leagues. I think most teams wish they played in the NL Central (even if it has more teams) because year in year out they are garbage. Teams on the coasts Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Phillies, Dodgers Angels spend more and have a better product and are forced to compete against each other. It is nice to be a division where the pre-season favorite won their last world series 100 years ago and blames a goat and a fan for the continual failure.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
29 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by leepound
It would make absolutely no sense to have an odd number of teams in each league and then (1) have off days in the middle of the season (2) continually have interleague play which ignores the fact that there are two leagues. I think most teams wish they played in the NL Central (even if it has more teams) because year in year out they are garbage. Teams on ...[text shortened]... won their last world series 100 years ago and blames a goat and a fan for the continual failure.
Boo hoo hoo.

Brewers are lucky that they got a shot at the NL....... quit ya cryin!!!

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
04 May 08

Originally posted by leepound
It would make absolutely no sense to have an odd number of teams in each league and then (1) have off days in the middle of the season (2) continually have interleague play which ignores the fact that there are two leagues. I think most teams wish they played in the NL Central (even if it has more teams) because year in year out they are garbage. Teams on ...[text shortened]... won their last world series 100 years ago and blames a goat and a fan for the continual failure.
It is as it is. Deal with it.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
09 May 08

The Marleens SWEE HEE HEEP the brew crew!!!

WOOT! 😀

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
09 May 08

If Richie Sexson had showed that much fire in Milwaukee, the Brewers might have been a force. Of course the pitch was no where near his head so he gets a six day unpaid vacation!! Maybe he will go visit the gang in Milwaukee.