Australian Open

Australian Open

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
18 Jan 07

who will win the mens and ladies

Im going to go for Andy Roddick and Maria Sharapova

Behind you

Moves
18 Jan 07

Federer and Mauresmo

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
18 Jan 07

Roger and Kim

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
18 Jan 07

I'm pulling for James Blake and Serena Williams.

c

Moves
18 Jan 07
1 edit

Nadal and maruesmo

c

Moves
18 Jan 07

Gael Monfils and Kim Clijsters

c

Moves
18 Jan 07

Originally posted by monster truck
I'm pulling for James Blake and Serena Williams.
It would be good to see James Blake win not only because he is a good player but because of all that he has been through over the past few years. However, against Federer or Monfils (particularly the way he played against Baghdatis) he would have a real game on his hands.

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
18 Jan 07

Originally posted by chrissyb
It would be good to see James Blake win not only because he is a good player but because of all that he has been through over the past few years. However, against Federer or Monfils (particularly the way he played against Baghdatis) he would have a real game on his hands.
Monfils is an absolute animal!

Would love to see Blake play either of them. His game has improved so much over the past year it's incredible. I think he is clearly a better all around player than Roddick, and stands a much better chance of winning tournaments. If he can continue to believe in himself, I think he will be able to beat the top players on occasion.

c

Moves
18 Jan 07

Monfils is an absolute animal!

Would love to see Blake play either of them. His game has improved so much over the past year it's incredible. I think he is clearly a better all around player than Roddick, and stands a much better chance of winning tournaments. If he can continue to believe in himself, I think he will be able to beat the top players on occasion.
ha! i am assuming you don't like Monfils, why?
Did u see the match against Baghdatis? I haven't seen an exciting player like that for quite a while. Mind you the first time i even heard of him was this game. Until Monfils arrived on the scene i've always preferred Blake.

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
19 Jan 07

Originally posted by chrissyb
ha! i am assuming you don't like Monfils, why?
Did u see the match against Baghdatis? I haven't seen an exciting player like that for quite a while. Mind you the first time i even heard of him was this game. Until Monfils arrived on the scene i've always preferred Blake.
You assumed wrong!!!😛
In my book, if you're an "Animal", that's a compliment!
He is very exciting to watch and seems like a decent young lad.
Am bummin' because they only showed Sharapova (blowout win) and Serena (very erratic) last night. Come to think of it, a live match just started at 3 a.m. Time to turn on the tube before I head out to play tennis myself at 6 a.m. woooooohoooo!!😵

c

Moves
20 Jan 07

You assumed wrong!!!😛
In my book, if you're an "Animal", that's a compliment!
He is very exciting to watch and seems like a decent young lad.
Am bummin' because they only showed Sharapova (blowout win) and Serena (very erratic) last night. Come to think of it, a live match just started at 3 a.m. Time to turn on the tube before I head out to play tennis myself at 6 a.m. woooooohoooo!!😵
ha!

You may have noticed he is out!!! run out of steam playing Bagdhatis maybe 🙁

oh well, my second hopeful, Clijsters is still in.

t

my island

Moves
20 Jan 07

hingis (if she can beat kim) and andy murray (if everyone else gets disqualified)

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
20 Jan 07

Sure would like Hingis to have a good run this tourney. Not sure she's got the weapons to go all the way though.
Murray is fun to watch, but seems like a bit of a jerk. What's your take on that?

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
20 Jan 07

Andy and Maria going good so far.

c

Moves
20 Jan 07

Originally posted by boarman
Andy and Maria going good so far.
watched the game last night between Roddick and Safin, it was a good one. I wonder how much of an affect, mentally, that official review has on the player compared to not having it. i think about 4 times (could be more) the umpires decision was overruled in favour of Safin, based on the review.