Aussies win 1st test vs India

Aussies win 1st test vs India

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
29 Dec 07

Absolutely flogged them

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
29 Dec 07

indians were a shambles they have not got good enough fast bowlers and the batting was poor dravid oppening the inninigs was a shambles

s

6yd box

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by Smiffy
indians were a shambles they have not got good enough fast bowlers and the batting was poor dravid oppening the inninigs was a shambles
The gap between Austalia and the rest of the test playing countries is just to wide.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
30 Dec 07

The Indian bowling was above average,it was the batting and fielding that let them dowm.
Maybe bring Sehwag back in to open.

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
30 Dec 07

It was a very strong display, even though Ponting and Hussey made no runs.
I have to congratulate the Windies for their strong display against South Africa in South Africa. Always a big ask. I think is that the first time Windies have won there, and its the West Indians first win in two and a half years any where.

s

6yd box

Moves
30 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by lordhighgus
I have to congratulate the Windies for their strong display against South Africa in South Africa. Always a big ask. I think is that the first time Windies have won there, and its the West Indians first win in two and a half years any where.
SA are a very inconsistance cricket team, both the test and ODI teams..

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
30 Dec 07

Originally posted by spurs73
Very true, but they have some great players though.
Where is the English team heading to next?

b

Moves
30 Dec 07

Unfortunatley they were too good, far too good.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
30 Dec 07

Very true, but they have some great players though.
Where is the English team heading to next?
new zealand in february i think 🙂...west indies yes its their first win there and im glad they have won maybe they can get a kick start now and be a good team again like they once were 🙂

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
30 Dec 07

First time in a long time where Ponting has failed in both innings.
Watch out in Sydney i think there could be a big hundred coming.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
30 Dec 07

Originally posted by spurs73
Where's Crowley when you need him.
SA couldnt lose with supposedly the greatest allrounder the game has seen lol

But knowing my friend Crowley he will say there were bad umpiring decisions,pitch didnt suit the SA team etc etc .

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
30 Dec 07

whos the greatest all rounder in his eyes hope he doesnt mean kallis?...i think he is good but there are better 🙂......before you say it and no i dont think its flintoff 🙂....

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
30 Dec 07

whos the greatest all rounder in his eyes hope he doesnt mean kallis?...i think he is good but there are better 🙂......before you say it and no i dont think its flintoff 🙂....
Yeah he means Kallis

What was kallis's batting and bowling performances in that test.

He actually rates Kallis as better than Sobers.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
30 Dec 07

kallis is a good batter he did hit a half century in the last test.his bowling probably lets him down he doesnt really get as many wickets as an all rounder should get.batting he is quality.hes like a part timer he bowls 7 overs and innings just to take the sting out of things and if he gets a wicket thats a bonus 🙂....i like dwayne bravo of the west indies hes an example he bats and also hes a main line bowler and gets wickets 🙂

n

Moves
31 Dec 07

Kallis plays well against average bowlers.

Against Australia his record of 35 innings (4 not outs) 3 centuries at 38.32 hardly sets the world on fire. This is well below his good career average and shows (like with a number of Indian battsmen) that is you play crap teams all the time you will inflate your average.