Aussie cricket woes

Aussie cricket woes

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Dec 16

Two bad games and the media's beaten it up.
Australaia lost the toss in both, the Tasmanian one was huge.
Every catch went to hand.
that's cricket.
Australia has plenty of depth and Voges and Ferguson can count themselves unlucky

Moves
07 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Two bad games and the media's beaten it up.
Australaia lost the toss in both, the Tasmanian one was huge.
Every catch went to hand.
that's cricket.
Australia has plenty of depth and Voges and Ferguson can count themselves unlucky
I presume you mean the first 2 tests v SA?

Perrrleeze. In the first test they won without their best bowler for the whole Test. In the 2nd they just dismantled oz, which brought about the press feeding frenzy that you refer to.

Voges? In totally false position regarding test average, which is dropping like a stone. V limited bat. Couldn't play in 3rd test anyway, as was concussed in state game. (Not funny), but may have been dropped anyway

Ferguson? 4 runs in only test? Not exactly stating a case and, at post 30, a desperate call up. But, to be fair, if called up deserve more than one Test. You say 'unlucky'. I would say crap selection policy

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
I presume you mean the first 2 tests v SA?

Perrrleeze. In the first test they won without their best bowler for the whole Test. In the 2nd they just dismantled oz, which brought about the press feeding frenzy that you refer to.

Voges? In totally false position regarding test average, which is dropping like a stone. V limited bat. Couldn't p ...[text shortened]... r, if called up deserve more than one Test. You say 'unlucky'. I would say crap selection policy
How quicklypeople forget that Voges was one of thwe only ones who held the team together in their terrible fromslump couple of years ago.

anyway they won the last test, smashed New Zealand in 2 ODI's and everything is allrosy. LikeI said "media beat up"
Questioning the talent of people likeFerguson and Voges really shows not much understanding of cricketing form

Moves
10 Dec 16
2 edits

How quicklypeople forget that Voges was one of thwe only ones who held the team together in their terrible fromslump couple of years ago.

anyway they won the last test, smashed New Zealand in 2 ODI's and everything is allrosy. LikeI said "media beat up"
Questioning the talent of people likeFerguson and Voges really shows not much understanding of cricketing form
Actually, I have seen a lot of Voges batting over here

I am a Notts member, and live in the county

He is ordinary at best

Ferguson? Not quite the new Bradman. Next couple of years will tell

Some substance to your Ferguson argument would be good, and I wasn't necessarily criticising the player in my last post, rather the Aussie selection policy of giving the lad just 1 game

Hey, won dead test vs SA , and then 2 ODI's. Clearly the previous 5 Tests were misleading!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Dec 16
2 edits

Actually, I have seen a lot of Voges batting over here

I am a Notts member, and live in the county

He is ordinary at best

Ferguson? Not quite the new Bradman. Next couple of years will tell

Some substance to your Ferguson argument would be good, and I wasn't necessarily criticising the player in my last post, rather the Aussie selecti ...[text shortened]... me

Hey, won dead test vs SA , and then 2 ODI's. Clearly the previous 5 Tests were misleading!
Yeah I play too.
I've seen Ferguson play for a few years and believes he has class.

Losing 5 tests in a row, yes, but again at least 2 of those should have been won by Australia. That's cricket. Not so bad. Media beat up. Happens every year

I actually am thinking it's a good thing that this happened (all the changes in the team)
Good keeper. Good spinner. Two good pace bowlers. Smith. Warner.

And yet I still feel for the dropped players.
That's cricket

Hey man, Ashes under lights next year. what do you think?

Moves
13 Dec 16
1 edit

Yeah I play too.
I've seen Ferguson play for a few years and believes he has class.

Losing 5 tests in a row, yes, but again at least 2 of those should have been won by Australia. That's cricket. Not so bad. Media beat up. Happens every year

I actually am thinking it's a good thing that this happened (all the changes in the team)
Good keeper. Go ...[text shortened]... e dropped players.
That's cricket

Hey man, Ashes under lights next year. what do you think?
hello

thanks for v reasoned response

when I say I am a 'member' of Notts, it means I buy a 'season ticket' and Voges played for us a few years ago, (hence I saw him bat a lot), without ripping up many trees

Clearly Warner, Smith, your couple of pace bowlers have class (would add Khawaja to that list). Struggling with your 'class spinner' ..surely not Lyon?

Anyway, I support England, so what do I know? We are the wrong end of a pasting in India. All I would say is, with their spin attack, why would we put our team through a 5 Test tour over there (with NO 'in between 1st class games to find form)?

I blame OUR administrators for that. thankless task.

Day/night ASHES Tests? Not in MY Wisden!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Dec 16
1 edit

hello

when I say I am a 'member' of Notts, it means I buy a 'season ticket' and Voges played for us a few years ago, (hence I saw him bat a lot), without ripping up many trees

Clearly Warner, Smith, your couple of pace bowlers have class (would add Khawaja to that list). Struggling with your 'class spinner ...[text shortened]... blame OUR administrators for that. thankless task.

Oh I see.
I was going to post earlier but Australia have had trouble getting Pakistan out. They only need another 108 to win! 2 more wickets.
Woes indeed if they don't get those wickets.
Your thread title will take on a sinister tone.
I feel that Shafiq's hundred has already sent shivers up most of Australia. I couldn't bring myself to watch last nite.

Oh well, either way (world record-shattering Pakistani win or aussie win), we'll be seeing you (England) next year under lights.

High Class Blunderer

On a train somewhere

Moves
19 Dec 16

Hey - interesting reading. I like reading and debating cricket from others, never thought to look on RHP. The cricket conversations everywhere else I have been ended up being ruined by (admittedly fervent) but misguided Indian fans who have little idea of cricket history and distort facts to suit their view. Oh, and the deification of certain cricketers (SRT I can handle, his record is peerless in many ways - but Sehwag best opener ever ? Puh-lease).

Australia is going through a transitional period, no doubt. Most of it brought on themselves by ridiculous scheduling and poor team selections. The truth is that they really on have 4 "class" players - Smith, Warner, Starc and Hazlewood. Khawaja is coming good (finally) but Voges is a perfect example of a player playing to long and should have been dropped after Sri Lanka. The obsession with both Marsh's (Shaun and Mitchell) hopefully has disappeared too when Rod Marsh got the punt. I don't mind given blokes a fair crack (like they did with George Bailey) but at some point it has to end with results. It never did with Mitchell, and Shaun turns a corner then gets injured. The selection of Ferguson is also hopefully the last of the "never mind form, he's got runs on the board" type selections.

As for England v India : As has been the case for a few years now, India continually produce wickets that suit them, and not cricket as a spectacle. I'd guarantee you they would dish this up against Pakistan (Yasir), Sri Lanka (Herath et al) or Bangladesh (Who could play 4 spinners), nor for ODI's when batting is king (flat even decks). England never stood a chance....

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Dec 16

Originally posted by weststigersbob
Hey - interesting reading. I like reading and debating cricket from others, never thought to look on RHP. The cricket conversations everywhere else I have been ended up being ruined by (admittedly fervent) but misguided Indian fans who have little idea of cricket history and distort facts to suit their view. Oh, and the deification of certain crickete ...[text shortened]... pinners), nor for ODI's when batting is king (flat even decks). England never stood a chance....
Mitch Marsh looks gone in test cricket, and now that Renshaw is filling the openers spot, it looks like Shaun will be gone too.

The (Aussie) team looks good. 2 out of the 3 newbies went well in the last tests. They should probably keep them for now.

But how about Pakistan!! While some Indian guy got 300 against England, PakistAN, quietly went about nearly making history! 450 in the last innings. Only 39 short of victory. No wonder Shafiq got the man of the match award.
Smith lost a few lives there. Specially after he dropped 2 catches last night.
What a champion, runs the guy out with a direct hit to win the match.

Hey guy, I think a lot of teams are getting very professional these days, and there is a lot to look forward to.

High Class Blunderer

On a train somewhere

Moves
20 Dec 16

Courageous performance by Pakistan, but made easier by some sloppy Australian fielding and tactics. Still trying to work out how Smith shelled Shafiq on 70 odd. He caught two blinders v NZ, but snatched and jumped badly at that one.

Test cricket is bubbling along nicely, but it needs a few tweaks. Bat size is a definite issue, as is pitch preparations. It's become too batsman friendly unless the pitch is a green monster or raging turner and then cricket becomes unwatchable. A balance between bat and ball always makes for good cricket, with local variables "enhancing" the play, not dominating it.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
20 Dec 16

hello

Clearly Warner, Smith, your couple of pace bowlers have class (would add Khawaja to that list). Struggling with your 'class spinner ...[text shortened]... blame OUR administrators for that. thankless task.

Wow.......do England need to find a few bowlers or what !!!!

Beaten by India again.........4 in a row........by an innings plus again.

India only had to bat once ......again.......scoring 759 before they had enough and declared with only 7 wickets down. England need to make about 7 changes to that team.

Australia have now won their last 5 matches while England have won only one (by 22 runs against the lowly Bangladesh) of their last 8 matches !!!

Australia number 2 ranking in test matches and number 1 in ODI's. England number 5 in test matches and number 5 in ODI's.

Time to eat some humble pie Socky. Did your poor old daddy give you any advise on humble pie !!

Moves
20 Dec 16

Originally posted by weststigersbob
Hey - interesting reading. I like reading and debating cricket from others, never thought to look on RHP. The cricket conversations everywhere else I have been ended up being ruined by (admittedly fervent) but misguided Indian fans who have little idea of cricket history and distort facts to suit their view. Oh, and the deification of certain crickete ...[text shortened]... pinners), nor for ODI's when batting is king (flat even decks). England never stood a chance....
Hi, some good points. I agree that touring India is NOT what England want to be doing at this stage. Wickets to suit their spinners, nullify our pace attack. Why we agreed to a 5 match tour I just do not know (well I do, it was the ££££££!)

Pakistan are an odd bunch, as we found out in the 2-2 series in our Summer. They looked totally hopeless in the 2nd and 3rd Tests, but came back extremely strong in the 4th. Younis Khan for example, was hopping around the crease in the first 3 Tests, you couldn't see where a run was coming from. Then he knocks a double century in the last Test.

Mitch Marsh was asked to do too much to start with ... the Aussies seemed to want him to be a #6 AND 1st change bowler. In my opinion he is a decent bowler, around #8 bat.

I excuse your 'countryman' (note the ' ', Champ)

Amongst his usual string of rubbish he somehow has Australia winning their last 5 Tests (think it is 2?), we need to change 7 players (well, Cook, Root, Bairstowe, Stokes and Broad aren't leaving my team, so that is at least 1 out), states that 'losing to top sides' is acceptable (think India are ranked number 1, and we are away there, so how is this series poor by his values?) and fails to quote the 20-20 rankings.

A clueless clown.

ps, Champ. My Dad is still with us. Stuck that in a few weeks ago to call out you and Bully Boy. Mission accomplished.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
21 Dec 16

Hi, some good points. I agree that touring India is NOT what England want to be doing at this stage. Wickets to suit their spinners, nullify our pace attack. Why we agreed to a 5 match tour I just do not know (well I do, it was the ££££££!)

Pakistan are an odd bunch, as we found out in the 2-2 series in our Summer. They looked totally hopeless ...[text shortened]... till with us. Stuck that in a few weeks ago to call out you and Bully Boy. Mission accomplished.
Not sure you can read real well socky but I stated Australia had won their past 5 matches.......did not mention tests.

I did not mention 20/20's as once before you claimed you were not interested in them and did not classify them as important.

Yes i think the ICC rankings says it all. Australia no 2........England no 5. Yes that's right..........sunk down to a lowly no 5. Shouldn't be long before Bangladesh goes past them they're going so fast in reverse.

End of story !!!!

Give daddy a kiss from me.

Moves
21 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by radioactive69

Australia have now won their last 5 matches while England have won only one (by 22 runs against the lowly Bangladesh) of their last 8 matches !!!
Thought that might be your craven get out, Champ

But, as ODI and 20-20 is a sideshow, thought we were talking about REAL cricket,

So, checking facts in THAT , Oz have won 2 in their last 7 (4 at home) . England, figures skewed by a 5 Test tour to India, have won 1 of last 8 (1 at home). It is hardly a stunning difference, is it, Champ?

Actually, you might want to start checking facts, period

Just thought you wanted the 'heads up' when England went past Oz in any form of cricket rankings. By the way, assume Oz are above SA in your Test rankings then? How does that pan out, they just humiliated you at home in a 3 Test series?

Think I will have to ignore you from now on, Champ. Too easy

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
21 Dec 16

Thought that might be your craven get out, Champ

But, as ODI and 20-20 is a sideshow, thought we were talking about REAL cricket,

So, checking facts in THAT , Oz have won 2 in their last 7 (4 at home) . England, figures skewed by a 5 Test tour to India, have won 1 of last 8 (1 at home). It is hardly a stunning difference, is it, Champ?

...[text shortened]... you at home in a 3 Test series?

Think I will have to ignore you from now on, Champ. Too easy
Gee.......you just don't get it. Facts are facts and the fact is Australia are currently ranked no 2 and the fact is England are ranked no 5 and are in free fall. They're dropping faster than Bill Clinton's pants when Monica Lewinsky is around !!!

If Cook retains his captaincy after the trashing England have copped over their last 8 games will be a miracle. Many changes will be needed to fix the English woes.

Yes it's funny how things come back to bite you on the bum isn't it socky. As soon as you started this thread the Ozzies have been unbeaten and England have been repeatedly thrashed.

What's daddy got to say about that old boy !!