Arsenal!

Arsenal!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

6yd box

Moves
20 Nov 08

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1953026.ece

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
21 Nov 08

What is he thinking? Time for someone else to wear the armband.

s

6yd box

Moves
21 Nov 08

Originally posted by Fleabitten
i would say the MYTH of WENGER is now exposed! He is no man-manager.

He has never replaced Adams, Viera etc. The Arsenal that won all the trophes was buld around the defence Wenger inhereted from Graham- seaman, adams,winterburn,dixon,knwon and Bold.

AB

Moves
21 Nov 08

Originally posted by spurs73
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1953026.ece
I knew you were a Sun reader!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
21 Nov 08

That time came and went last season.

The inevitable damage has been done for this season. Plus, I don't think he'll be able to deal with having the arm band stripped now, so Wenger may have him threatening to score own goals again.

D

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
21 Nov 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
That time came and went last season.

D
Couldn't agree more. It should have changed with the Birmingham debacle. And I'm hard pressed to argue spurs73's point.

M

St. Paul, Minnesota

Moves
21 Nov 08

I think that Gallas is a punk / twat.. whatever. So I'm not going to argue that he should be captain. ..though I really don't care who Arsenal's captain is.

However, perhaps he is right. Perhaps Arsenal's players are lacking the desire. People talk about them lacking that core...surely that is true...but cores can be built on desire if there is enough of it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 08

Wenger can't pick leaders - Henry was useless too

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by divegeester
Wenger can't pick leaders - Henry was useless too
Maybe not a great leader, but not altogether useless. He at least did his job, which was to put the ball in the net.

Gallas is out against Man City. Once Cesc is available, should he get the armband?

s

6yd box

Moves
22 Nov 08

Maybe not a great leader, but not altogether useless. He at least did his job, which was to put the ball in the net.

Gallas is out against Man City. Once Cesc is available, should he get the armband?
Although HENRY did get the ball in the next... was he a good captain? I would say NO.

Wenger made him captain to keep him at the club, as they needed a BIG name when they moved to their new studium as the season ticket sells would have really hurt them.

Not sure why Wenger choses Frence players as captain, whats wrong with Kalo Toura? (he was captain befroe Gallis come to the club after Vira left.)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 08
2 edits

Originally posted by spurs73
Although HENRY did get the ball in the next... was he a good captain? I would say NO.

Wenger made him captain to keep him at the club, as they needed a BIG name when they moved to their new studium as the season ticket sells would have really hurt them.

Not sure why Wenger choses Frence players as captain, whats wrong with Kalo Toura? (he was captain befroe Gallis come to the club after Vira left.)
Sure, good striker, I meant useless as a leader. Often missing in bigger games and went a bit "strange" toward the end of his time with the Gunners.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Nov 08

Fabregas would be my pick.

Toure would be second choice, although not playing to his high standards this season.

The damage has been done for this season, so I'd defo go with Fabregas and give him experience for next season.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by MrHand
However, perhaps he is right. Perhaps Arsenal's players are lacking the desire. People talk about them lacking that core...surely that is true...but cores can be built on desire if there is enough of it.
He could be 100% right, but it makes absolutely no difference. To deflect attention away from one's self and blame your team mates, sharing dressing room secrets with the media is unforgivable of any player, never mind the captain.

D

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
He could be 100% right, but it makes absolutely no difference. To deflect attention away from one's self and blame your team mates, sharing dressing room secrets with the media is unforgivable of any player, never mind the captain.

D
Mabe Wenger needs to go?

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
23 Nov 08

Originally posted by divegeester
Mabe Wenger needs to go?
Man city fans say keep him 😉