Andre Villas Boas...

Andre Villas Boas...

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

6yd box

Moves
29 Oct 11

.... welcome to a proper league, son
Management is a lot harder when you are in a league with more then two teams. and u managed one of them!!!

One more defeat and the English media will have their knives out....

st johnstone

Moves
30 Oct 11

Originally posted by spurs73
.... welcome to a proper league, son
Management is a lot harder when you are in a league with more then two teams. and u managed one of them!!!

£13,000,000. for a guy who cant control players, and cant get a suit to fit. europa league next year? 🙂

rc

Moves
31 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by roma45
£13,000,000. for a guy who cant control players, and cant get a suit to fit. europa league next year? 🙂
Never mind him, Luis Suarez da man! most naturally gifted footballer since Diego.

st johnstone

Moves
31 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Never mind him, Luis Suarez da man! most naturally gifted footballer since Diego.
you wont like this one. rangers are blue celtic are green the league is over by halloween. sorry robbie its from a rangers fan i know. 🙂

Moves
31 Oct 11

Mind you, that is more because of the typical qualities of the British "journalist" (sports even more than general) than because of any real flaws in Villas-Boas' coaching. I mean, they are still third... what more do you want from a newbie?

Richard

rc

Moves
31 Oct 11

you wont like this one. rangers are blue celtic are green the league is over by halloween. sorry robbie its from a rangers fan i know. 🙂
haha, poor ol Neil Lennon, he says hes not bothered by criticism, but I think he is.
watched the Hibs v Celtic cup game, Hibs were real unlucky first half but capitulated
second, Celtic have always been skinflints with the cash, always. I go to McDermaid
Park once a year, just to cause chaos outside of Tescos, we have the biggest recorded
crowds there you know 😉

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
31 Oct 11

Oh, my, he lost a game? I wonder what the knee-jerk fans said about Ferguson when he was trashed 6-1 at home against City.

s

6yd box

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by Palynka
Oh, my, he lost a game? I wonder what the knee-jerk fans said about Ferguson when he was trashed 6-1 at home against City.
more then one game- back to back league games...QPR and now a Arsenal who are a very poor team

Without RVP they are mid-table team and Chelsea dont look any better

rc

Moves
01 Nov 11
1 edit

more then one game- back to back league games...QPR and now a Arsenal who are a very poor team

Without RVP they are mid-table team and Chelsea dont look any better
QPR was exactly what Roma was talking about, two footed tackles by Drogba in front of
the ref, well duh? Torres suspended, well duh! Terry bad mouthing players with
alleged racist comments, well , duh? You think Fergie would stand for such lack of ill
discipline, not on your life mate!

st johnstone

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Mind you, that is more because of the typical qualities of the British "journalist" (sports even more than general) than because of any real flaws in Villas-Boas' coaching. I mean, they are still third... what more do you want from a newbie?

Richard
they are fourth, 9 points off the top of league, but are sitting "proudly" at the top of the most red and yellow cards and fouls commited league. the point is chelsea could have got a much better english manager for a fraction of the cost, he took over a team that came 2nd last year and have the most expensive striker in british history, so newbie or not win games or be out by xmas thats life in the top.

rc

Moves
01 Nov 11

they are fourth, 9 points off the top of league, but are sitting "proudly" at the top of the most red and yellow cards and fouls commited league. the point is chelsea could have got a much better english manager for a fraction of the cost, he took over a team that came 2nd last year and have the most expensive striker in british history, so newbie or not win games or be out by xmas thats life in the top.
or a Scottish manager.

Moves
03 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
or a Scottish manager.
Name one, just one, who
- would have done it,
- for significantly (not a piddling 10% ) less pay, and
- could (be realistic!) have brought them to a higher spot on the table.

I doubt there is one.

Fergie perhaps could have done it, with the same unruly lot, but even that's no certainty. He rules Greater London United with an iron fist, only because he can, and he can only because he's been there for donkey's years, and brought in all the players himself - and they know it. But he only could - he would not, ever, and he certainly won't for any less than Villas-Boas is getting.
Any other Scots top managers? Well, let's see... there's Kenny. He's currently managing to keep the Scousers two spots below Chelsea. The other Scousers have a Scot, too. That's going well for them. They were seventh last year - now they're just above relegation. Prising Lennon or McCoist away from their clubs? Good luck with that...
Your best bet might be Stuart McCall, but I suspect he's having a bit too much fun right now to move quite yet. Perhaps next year, when he'll be more expensive.

But even then... better than fourth? Really? As good as, sure. Climbing over Noocassel's backs to third place at some time in the rest of the season, quite possible. Contender for the title? Pull the other one, it's got bells on. And they're all golden bells, and all paid for by Manchester's owners.

Now, you may well be correct in predicting the outcome of this state of affairs. Villas-Boas may well be sacked by Boxing Day. I would not at all be surprised. But, I repeat, that would not be because he's doing badly - it would be because the vampires of English sports "journalism" demand miracles from everybody, and are constantly craving for blood.

Richard

Moves
03 Nov 11
1 edit

^^ Lennon is Irish (and not good enough for Celtic) and David Moyes is the third best coach in the PL. Look at the amount of money Everton have spent in the past years years and look at their final league position and tell me how that is possible in football today?

rc

Moves
04 Nov 11
1 edit

Name one, just one, who
- would have done it,

I doubt there is one.

Fergie perhaps could have done it, with the same unruly lot, but even that's no certainty. He rules Greater London United with an iron mand miracles from everybody, and are constantly craving for blood.

Richard
me, i would have done it for twenty quid an hour and taken them to top spot of the
EPL. I took Cali Thistle to the champions league final, Fifa 2010 on the xbox, i could
do it with Chelsea in real life, no problem.

the problem is their owner, he has interfered so much, there is no consistency, a
manager constantly under pressure and threat of dismissal cannot be good. Look at
Fergie, 25 years or thereabouts, Dagliesh, Liverpool through and through, Harry
Rednapp, Tottenham through and through, same with Arsenal and Everton. To create
such an atmosphere takes years and years and all the money in the world cannot buy
it, no not at any price.

st johnstone

Moves
04 Nov 11

Name one, just one, who
- would have done it,

I doubt there is one.

Fergie perhaps could have done it, with the same unruly lot, but even that's no certainty. He rules Greater London United with an iron ...[text shortened]... mand miracles from everybody, and are constantly craving for blood.

Richard
chelsea "bought" tropheys for years now that man city have the money suddenly its not fair? and for goodness sake its MANCHESTER UNITED not london utd or what ever you want to call them. if you manage chelsea you win the champions league or you are out harsh but true. when ever a owner interfers with team selection then they are doomed can you imagine someone trying to tell fergie or redknap who to play? £13,000,000 for a puppet