A sad night for English sport

A sad night for English sport

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E
YNWA

Moves
02 May 07

Ronnie O'Sullivan's been knocked out of the world championship! :'(

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
And Italy will now win the Champoins League after Uniteds Exit.
Manchester just have to settle for the Premiership Title and FA Cup.

M

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
utd have to overcome the mighty City first though...GULP!!!!!.. I may be at the game...if I can avoid the men in the white suits.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
04 May 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Liverpool will win the Champions league as Harry is back

E
YNWA

Moves
04 May 07

Originally posted by boarman
Liverpool will win the Champions league as Harry is back
We're bound too - if we can win with Djimi Traore in the team we should be able to with Bolo Zenden 😵

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
04 May 07

This should be a sticky thread...the title is always applicable.

p

Moves
04 May 07

Originally posted by Red Night
This should be a sticky thread...the title is always applicable.
Yep always difficult when you are prepared to face the best in the world.

High standards and high expectations often end in dissappointment. Good point Rednight.

Only one team in the final of the biggest club tournament in the world, so very sad. Same as last year and the year before. A disgrace really only 3 teams in the semi's.

If Utd keep losing maybe more of the players might have to go to the states to retire in second rate teams.

We could always stay at home invent sports noboby plays and delude ourselves. Ignorance is bliss, reality often sad.

Moves
04 May 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
O`Sullivan was looking unstoppable in the earlier rounds. Surprised to hear he was beaten

E
YNWA

Moves
04 May 07

Originally posted by Millwall Bill
O`Sullivan was looking unstoppable in the earlier rounds. Surprised to hear he was beaten
Higgins was just too clinical whenever Ronnie made a poor safety shot, which happened a few times. At least it's not going to be Dott or Ebdon in the final again, thank god.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
04 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by petrosianpupil
Yep always difficult when you are prepared to face the best in the world.

High standards and high expectations often end in dissappointment. Good point Rednight.

Only one team in the final of the biggest club tournament in the world, so very sad. Same as last year and the year before. A disgrace really only 3 teams in the semi's.

If Utd ke ...[text shortened]... at home invent sports noboby plays and delude ourselves. Ignorance is bliss, reality often sad.
Yes...yes...yes...well of course your right. Man U's return the quarters in a fine testament to English athleticism. The team brilliantly led by that fine Englishman Christiano Ronaldo.

p

Moves
04 May 07

Yes...yes...yes...well of course your right. Man U's return the quarters in a fine testament to English athleticism. The team brilliantly led by that fine Englishman Christiano Ronaldo.
Good point RedNight, i didn't realise you were such a fan.

I had forgotten to mention that one of the advantages of opening yourself up to healthy competition is that you grow. Then the very best that the world can offer comes to your tiny little Island.

It is important point because there are some idiots who moan that we are parochial. Obviously as you point out, this is ridiculous. We love top quality players of all colours and creeds.

Amazing, last world cup saw more players from the premiership than any other country. Seems the best players in the world want to come here. No wonder we make such a fortune from selling TV rights; glad you are following our Country so closely. I suppose its a bit lonely that world series Baseball.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
05 May 07

And Rooney, Ferdinand, Brown, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Smith, Richardson and Fletcher.

United a top team in Europe with more British (home based) players than any other club.

Maybe if we get rid of the Scotish element of the team United would naturally improve.
I mean, whats a Scotish player doing in the Champions League, it just sounds wrong.

The only way a Scot should take part in football south of Glasgow is as a Referee.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 May 07
1 edit

Good point RedNight, i didn't realise you were such a fan.

I had forgotten to mention that one of the advantages of opening yourself up to healthy competition is that you grow. Then the very best that the world can offer comes to your tiny little Island.

It is important point because there are some idiots who moan that we are parochial. Obvious ...[text shortened]... ou are following our Country so closely. I suppose its a bit lonely that world series Baseball.
No question that the premier league is one of, if not the, top league in the world.

The best basketball players in the world play in the NBA. the best baseball players in the world play in MLB. the best hockey players in the world play in the NHL. The best "american football" players in the world play in the NFL.

All that means is that those countries have the best leagues...not necessarily the best players.

p

Moves
08 May 07

No question that the premier league is one of, if not the, top league in the world.

The best basketball players in the world play in the NBA. the best baseball players in the world play in MLB. the best hockey players in the world play in the NHL. The best "american football" players in the world play in the NFL.

All that means is that those countries have the best leagues...not necessarily the best players.
Of course you can look at sports that are not really global and say that. But despite your laughable statistics, soccer is the true world game.

Easy to be the best at a sport that in most other countries it is not a major sport.

I am not so silly to imagine England has the very best technical players. I love the fact that players from the heart of Africa can take the world by storm.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
09 May 07

Of course you can look at sports that are not really global and say that. But despite your laughable statistics, soccer is the true world game.

Easy to be the best at a sport that in most other countries it is not a major sport.

I am not so silly to imagine England has the very best technical players. I love the fact that players from the heart of Africa can take the world by storm.
blah...blah...blah...

wake me up when you make a point....on second thought, I don't want to sleep that long.

There are two team sports that are played competitively and professionally all over the world...basketball and soccer. Actually, basketball isn't really played in England which is why you didn't know that.

There are two team sports that are played competitively and professionally in many parts of the world...baseball and ice hockey.

There are three team sports that are played competitively and professionally in only a select group of countries...american football, rugby, and cricket. Of those three, cricket is by far the least athletic and the most boring.

There is one team sport this is played primarily on an amateur level all over the world...volleyball.