A-Rod opts out of Contract

A-Rod opts out of Contract

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
29 Oct 07

A-Rod opted out of his contract with the Yankees yesterday.

He was due to receive $20Million next year but is now a free agent. Think he'll go to Boston for $25+ Million?

DR

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by uzless
A-Rod opted out of his contract with the Yankees yesterday.

He was due to receive $20Million next year but is now a free agent. Think he'll go to Boston for $25+ Million?
Straight trade for Lowell? Lowell gets a longer-term contract with the Yankees than the two years the Sox are offering, and A-Rod gets the money and maybe a shift back to shortstop?

IRNG 3

j

Moves
29 Oct 07

a-rod was due to receive $27M for the next three years.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by Doctor Rat
Straight trade for Lowell? Lowell gets a longer-term contract with the Yankees than the two years the Sox are offering, and A-Rod gets the money and maybe a shift back to shortstop?

IRNG 3
The yankees can't trade a-rod, they no longer own the rights to him.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by jofaz
a-rod was due to receive $27M for the next three years.
I wonder how many teams can afford him now.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by uzless
I wonder how many teams can afford him now.

Angels
Cubs
Sox

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit

Angels
Cubs
Sox
Maybe the Braves and the O's. Certainly the Mets.

m

Moves
29 Oct 07

certainly not the braves. They have cut payroll a lot out of necessity. Maybe the dodgers.

J

Moves
30 Oct 07

Angels
Cubs
Sox
I agree! These are the 3 teams that have been talked about the most for A-Rod to go and I think Chicago is the perfect place for him. That would be a killer team, A-Rod, Soriano, Derek Lee, and Aramis Ramirez.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
I agree! These are the 3 teams that have been talked about the most for A-Rod to go and I think Chicago is the perfect place for him. That would be a killer team, A-Rod, Soriano, Derek Lee, and Aramis Ramirez.
He should try the Cubs... any ring he got in Boston or even with the Angels would be nothing compared to him getting one for the Cubs.

People might even like him!

P-

J

Moves
30 Oct 07

He should try the Cubs... any ring he got in Boston or even with the Angels would be nothing compared to him getting one for the Cubs.

People might even like him!

P-
I'm a huge Cubs fan and honestly thought that after all they had been through in the regular season that they might actually do something in the playoffs. But once again I was let down. 🙁 It's really depressing to think about the Cubs. But hopefully they can get their hands on A-Rod and they will dominate the NL Central.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
I'm a huge Cubs fan and honestly thought that after all they had been through in the regular season that they might actually do something in the playoffs. But once again I was let down. 🙁 It's really depressing to think about the Cubs. But hopefully they can get their hands on A-Rod and they will dominate the NL Central.
The cubs might be better spending that money on pitching.

m

Moves
30 Oct 07

The cubs team is for sale. It delayed the resigning or zambrano. It is unlikely that while that process is on they would incur a contract a-rod's size.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
The cubs team is for sale. It delayed the resigning or zambrano. It is unlikely that while that process is on they would incur a contract a-rod's size.
Boras won't be in any rush; he's got a history of waiting until December or January to finalize deals. The Cubs make sense, but so do the Tigers and Angels. Hard to believe the Yankees played chicken with A-Rod and Boras; replacing that bat in a lineup that had a losing record against lefty starters anyway will be difficult and I don't think Lowell will leave Boston meaning 3B is going to be a problem.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Oct 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Boras won't be in any rush; he's got a history of waiting until December or January to finalize deals. The Cubs make sense, but so do the Tigers and Angels. Hard to believe the Yankees played chicken with A-Rod and Boras; replacing that bat in a lineup that had a losing record against lefty starters anyway will be difficult and I don't think Lowell will leave Boston meaning 3B is going to be a problem.
I'd bet that Lowell will end up on the Yankees and A-Rod on the Sox.