6 Nations Rugby

6 Nations Rugby

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
09 Feb 09

Originally posted by trev33
ireland are balls 😀
talking through your a*** as usual.
they beat france didnt they.

Moves
09 Feb 09

Originally posted by eamon o
talking through your a*** as usual.
they beat france didnt they.
who the fork are you and why are you reading my posts?

did you even watch the game?

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
15 Feb 09

Unlucky 13 again for Scotland going down to France on the rebound from their Irish Shillelagh bashing. France don't look good this year.

The Irish will no doubt use the Shillelagh again against the Italians.
It's looking like Ireland and Wales to top the competition. Ireland are tough and powerful but a Shillelagh is a blunt instrument which won;t penetrate the Dragons armour.

To me Wales look the force to beat... they are a unit with sharp attacking skills. It looks very like NZ rugby with guys running at the shoulder on attack and solid defensive patterns.... good to see.

Martin Johnson is clueless and shouldn't be serving as coach at this level.. a few seasons at an amateur club maybe. If you were boss of Northampton or Bath etc would you want him as coach.. - nope!

Moves
15 Feb 09

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
Unlucky 13 again for Scotland going down to France on the rebound from their Irish Shillelagh bashing. France don't look good this year.

The Irish will no doubt use the Shillelagh again against the Italians.
It's looking like Ireland and Wales to top the competition. Ireland are tough and powerful but a Shillelagh is a blunt instrument which won;t pene ...[text shortened]... club maybe. If you were boss of Northampton or Bath etc would you want him as coach.. - nope!
pretty much summed it up well, ireland didn't play well today. a very flattering score in the end. saying that i'm very happy at how the table is looking as far as the points difference goes at the moment. i believe as good wales are that france will beat them in 2 weeks time and the final table will see france, wales and ireland on 8 points each.

i refuse to rule out france but with an away game to england after the wales match it will be tough for them to pile on the point. saying that they never fail to surprise me and with italy in the last game anything can happen. i'm glad all 3 of the challengers have to play italy away.

Moves
27 Feb 09

i believe as good wales are that france will beat them
😉

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
27 Feb 09
1 edit

😉
lol - must be that old NZ France jinx .. nothing shocks but I still think Wales will get through.
I didn't see the game. Any good? report makes it sound as if Wales were lucky not to go down by more thanks to poor decisions against France from ref Lawrence.

England Ireland should be a toughy.. if Johnson can't get some continuity towards some sort of game plan they've had it. (what would he know as a retired lock come wooden-top policeman. (thats my ex prop ex policeman view coming through)

Moves
27 Feb 09
1 edit

lol - must be that old NZ France jinx .. nothing shocks but I still think Wales will get through.
I didn't see the game. Any good? report makes it sound as if Wales were lucky not to go down by more thanks to poor decisions against France from ref Lawrence.
jenkins should've been given a yellow card early on and france scored a perfectly good try imo but wasn't given it by the irish video ref. so the 3-13 lead was a false scoreline, france played really well but the welsh tactics of kicking it long and letting the best counterattacking team in europe if not the world charge at them time after time was a huge mistake.

wales weren't really in the game tbh and if a few more kicks had of went over the score would've been much higher, saying that wales should have stole it in the last couple of mins, they failed to convert a 3 vs 2 under the posts.

all and all a very watchable and entertaining game, a rugby fans game i think.

other than those 2 decisions the ref did ok. a lot better than the ref in the ireland france match, i still say france would've won the game with a different ref. france are the best team in europe for me they just don't have the best coach. at least tonight he wised up to his bad decision making and took baby off after about 30 mins, they controlled the game after that.

edit: i'm very happy with that result, it's in ireland hands now i just hope they don't messed it up like they usually do.

Moves
28 Feb 09
1 edit

somehow i'm not as happy as i should be after ireland beat england.

poor game, awful kicking by o'gara and a shocker by the ref.

are you playing a different game in south africa or what?

edit: whoever is writing for the bbc sport page should be sacked.

"The second half was a more enterprising affair, although it started with another penalty failure by O'Gara as his effort struck a post.

However, the Munster man lifted the Dublin crowd with a fine drop-goal soon afterwards."

er no, it was O'Driscoll who scored the drop goal.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
01 Mar 09

The funniest thing in the highlights was was watching Martin Johnson lose his rag punching the air when his player lost discipline... a fine example.

England do have the talent but a coach has to put it together and bring it out. It's not happening in England.

Good to see Scotland turn show some moves.

Moves
01 Mar 09

The funniest thing in the highlights was was watching Martin Johnson lose his rag punching the air when his player lost discipline... a fine example.

England do have the talent but a coach has to put it together and bring it out. It's not happening in England.

Good to see Scotland turn show some moves.
i suspect it was the touch judge who was trying to even out the bad calls by the ref a little more so than he actually thought it was a yellow card offence, a penalty maybe but it wasn't worth a yellow card. the o'driscoll body check however is a different story. obviously tried to take ireland's best player on the night out of the game after seeing him already suffering after a high hit that went unpunished.

i think england lack a captain. they have no leaders on the field imo. i do hope they can turn over france in a couple of weeks but i really can't see it. a better ref will see them playing the whole game on an offside position and punish them for it.

but you're right about johnson, he should be their coach.

i didn't watch the scotland game but i heard they didn't play that well it was more on the italy were terrible side?

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
09 Mar 09

i suspect it was the touch judge who was trying to even out the bad calls by the ref a little more so than he actually thought it was a yellow card offence, a penalty maybe but it wasn't worth a yellow card. the o'driscoll body check however is a different story. obviously tried to take ireland's best player on the night out of the game after seeing him alrea ...[text shortened]... game but i heard they didn't play that well it was more on the italy were terrible side?
um..he is 😉 but shouldn't be.

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
13 Mar 09

somehow i'm not as happy as i should be after ireland beat england.

poor game, awful kicking by o'gara and a shocker by the ref.

are you playing a different game in south africa or what?

edit: whoever is writing for the bbc sport page should be sacked.

"The second half was a more enterprising affair, although it started with another penalty fail ...[text shortened]... h a fine drop-goal soon afterwards."

er no, it was O'Driscoll who scored the drop goal.
tough game, england played dirty and deserved to lose 😛

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
13 Mar 09

who the fork are you and why are you reading my posts?

did you even watch the game?
who am i? -check out my profile
anyway, likewise back to ya sonny.
and, did i watch the game?
thats a good one.
you must be a pro comedian or what?
😛

Moves
13 Mar 09

Originally posted by eamon o
who am i? -check out my profile
anyway, likewise back to ya sonny.
and, did i watch the game?
thats a good one.
you must be a pro comedian or what?
😛
lol that's my favorite tv show. that series was excellent.

i think the ireland performance against england has proven my point re the france game. we had a lot of luck in that game from bad ref calls, saying that england had it against us a couple of weeks ago so i guess it evens itself out.

nice to see the chances in the center for the scotland game tomorrow. wallace just isn't good enough.

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
14 Mar 09
1 edit

Ireland showed Scotland how to play rugby this afternoon. they gave them every chance, and even waited till the 2nd half before they started playing seriously 😵