"2013 NFL Draft"

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Apr 13

"2013 NFL Draft"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013

(Only a Matter Of a Few Months Until Pre-Season Begins)

Z

Moves
25 Apr 13

Similar to last year, I think you'll see a lot of trades throughout the first round. Pundits are saying there is talent all over this draft class but nothing top-heavy like an Andrew Luck or RGIII. I expect a lot of teams trading up/down to attempt to get their guys.

I entered a NFL draft pool last year with points being awarded for predicting whether a team picks a player on off or def (+1), position (+3), and the exact player (+6) or if the team trades (+5). I put every team as trade other than the top two and won $100 in a field of about 40. 🙂

My hope is that the Buffalo Bills draft either Geno Smith or Tavon Austin from West Virginia, and in a perfect world, both.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by Zamboner
Similar to last year, I think you'll see a lot of trades throughout the first round. Pundits are saying there is talent all over this draft class but nothing top-heavy like an Andrew Luck or RGIII. I expect a lot of teams trading up/down to attempt to get their guys.

I entered a NFL draft pool last year with points being awarded for predicting whethe ...[text shortened]... Bills draft either Geno Smith or Tavon Austin from West Virginia, and in a perfect world, both.
If Buffalo got both of them, they would still stink.
No worries though, they will not get both.

I have a hunch Geno Smith is headed for the Big Apple.

We'll see.

Z

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by shortcircuit
If Buffalo got both of them, they would still stink.
No worries though, they will not get both.

I have a hunch Geno Smith is headed for the Big Apple.

We'll see.
Ha! You're right of course. They would still stink 🙁

I assume you mean the Jets not the Giants? I can see that happening. If the Bills go with Austin at 8 and wait for Nassib in the 2nd round or trade up to get him at the end of first. Ah, who knows anyway!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
25 Apr 13

Ha! You're right of course. They would still stink 🙁

I assume you mean the Jets not the Giants? I can see that happening. If the Bills go with Austin at 8 and wait for Nassib in the 2nd round or trade up to get him at the end of first. Ah, who knows anyway!
Yes, the Jets. The Giants are far too shrewd.

I could actually see Geno Smith falling into the second round if the Jets don't take him
in the first.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Apr 13
1 edit

"Latest Jets Mock Draft News"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-draft-updated-york-jets-mock-draft-184700230--nfl.html

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Apr 13
1 edit

I entered a NFL draft pool last year with points being awarded for predicting whethe ...[text shortened]... Bills draft either Geno Smith or Tavon Austin from West Virginia, and in a perfect world, both.
Bills are on the clock; no "skill positions" selected by the first 7 teams. Miami traded up to pick Oregon linebacker Dion Jordan 3rd - anybody have the skinny on him?

EDIT: Bills trade away the #8 pick to the Rams.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
26 Apr 13

Originally posted by no1marauder
Bills are on the clock; no "skill positions" selected by the first 7 teams. Miami traded up to pick Oregon linebacker Dion Jordan 3rd - anybody have the skinny on him?

Falcons trade up, taking the 22nd pick from the Rams, and select Trufant--a quality CB. Smart move.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Apr 13

"2013 NFL Draft" (Day One: Winners & Losers/Movers & Shakers)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013

Note: One of the most interesting First Day TV Coverages I've seen.

Z

Moves
26 Apr 13

Originally posted by no1marauder

In the end, I'm just happy they ended up with a QB.

Z

Moves
26 Apr 13

Also, Barkevious Mingo is now officially the best name in sports.

U

Moves
26 Apr 13
1 edit

- WAY more OT picks in the first than I remember ever happening. Must have been a very strong OT college class this year.

- The Chiefs solidify their commitment to Alex Smith by picking an OT 1st overall. Hell, they needed one anyway so I guess that was predictable.

- LOL @the Bills for picking EJ Manuel in the mid-1st round.

- Big surprise to me that Geno Smith wasn't picked in the 1st at all.

- My team (49ers) trade up to pick Eric Reid at #18. Most analysts like the pick, many 49ers fans like him but thought they took him too high. Rumor has it the Giants wanted Reid as well @19 so the Niners traded up to make sure they could get him.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 13

"2013 NFL Draft" (Winners & Losers from Day Two)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000164388/article/winners-and-losers-from-day-2-of-the-nfl-draft

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Yes, the Jets. The Giants are far too shrewd.

I could actually see Geno Smith falling into the second round if the Jets don't take him
in the first.
Correct on both counts. He went to the Jets in the second round!!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

"Unexpected (and Expected) on Day 3 of 2013 NFL Draft"

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/04/27/unexpected-and-expected-day-3-of-the-2013-nfl-draft/