2008 Olympic games

2008 Olympic games

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
08 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
What disrespect do you mean? Trust me, Lost Boys and patsy do not belong in the same sentence. I've come to know a bunch of them. They are at their core survivors.
Who used the phrase "lost boys" ? Not me.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
08 Aug 08
1 edit

What disrespect do you mean? Trust me, Lost Boys and patsy do not belong in the same sentence. I've come to know a bunch of them. They are at their core survivors.
Just in case you didn't see my edit....

"I don't see a hundred thousand troops massing in chad for the push into Darfur...can anyone tell me why? (a cookie if you can guess)"

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
08 Aug 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Just in case you didn't see my edit....

"I don't see a hundred thousand troops massing in chad for the push into Darfur...can anyone tell me why? (a cookie if you can guess)"
We're busy right now. Can't Ireland do something?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
08 Aug 08

Nuff said.

Flippant is out, hypocrisy is in apparently.

fg

1313mockingbirdlane

Moves
08 Aug 08

Originally posted by HandyAndy
That's the way it was done in ancient Greece.. before TV.
lmao ..good one

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
08 Aug 08
1 edit

Oh yeah....

Google "Irish troops in Chad", then shut up, and go away and play black for a while.

Leave International Politics to the big boys 😛

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
08 Aug 08

Oh yeah....

Google "Irish troops in Chad", then shut up, and go away and play black for a while.

Leave International Politics to the big boys 😛
400 troops for 400,000 refugees. Nice.

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
08 Aug 08

Originally posted by shavixmir
Shouldn't this be in the sports forum?

Well, you know, I normally couldn't care less, but sport just SUCKS THE PEANUTS OUT OF SH^T WITH A STRAW...

Unless we're talking nude sports...yeah, I'd watch them...
Under those circumstances, I would definitely take time out of my busy day to catch the women's volleyball! 😲

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
08 Aug 08

I totally respect your choice, but i have to say that i find America's actions deplorable.

The disrespect that they are showing the country that is hosting the games, is beyond reason. Not only do i believe that the Olympics shouldn't be politicised in this way, but i also believe that the words "Pot, kettle, and Black" should be on the flag tha ...[text shortened]... ing in chad for the push into Darfur...can anyone tell me why? (a cookie if you can guess)
When China starts treating its own people with respect for their basic human rights, stops occupying and oppressing Tibet, and stops threatening war against Taiwan then I'll possibly consider giving them a little respect. Until that day, they will richly deserve all of the scorn that can be heaped upon them. And I think that the IOC deserves every bit as much disrespect for handing the Olympic games to such an oppressive regime. That was an absolute travesty and I will not be watching that spectacle.

yes

Moves
08 Aug 08

1500 is a great and beautiful race. A combination of speed and strenght.

yes

Moves
08 Aug 08

China should not have been chosen for hosting the Olympics.
The ideal of the Olympics is not compatible with China's goverment.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
08 Aug 08

Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
1500 is a great and beautiful race. A combination of speed and strenght.
1500 is the speed sprint of a mile....... by far the most entertaining and difficult tactical race. It was my event in my youth... the days of Coe and Ovett. It is a 3 3/4 lap sprint! Hurts too!

The Olympics, unfortunately, has now included professionals. That is not the essence of the 'games'. Darts, Tennis etc - sports of a non-profession and no money?...... what happened?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
08 Aug 08

The ideal of the Olympics has been lost altogether. As for any government, I think it unfair to judge any. To judge the Chinese, when not having lived there is untruth. Any government is not ideal to host such an historic event in today's world.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
08 Aug 08

Maybe the Olympian spirit will envelop them in a warm fuzzy glow and they will stop killing Tibetans...

EP6
Soul Taker

Tionesta

Moves
08 Aug 08

The olympics are a joke. They were meant to show case war related games. Now we have (water polo) 9ping-pong) and fastest usher in five theaters, and best rest room attendant. Take your olympics and stick them up Chinas --- where it will do the most good.