1. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 10:071 edit
    When you believe in Jesus, you have given away your soul for the false promise of eternal life! By giving away your soul, I mean you are wasting the only life you have by living life based on at best fables and at worst out right lies. A life based on untruths is lacking.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 10:241 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    When you believe in Jesus, you have given away your soul for the false promise of eternal life! By giving away your soul, I mean you are wasting the only life you have by living life based on at best fables and at worst out right lies. A life based on untruths is lacking.
    The very idea we have this thing called a soul is one of the biggest scams of religion.
    Another one being we are born into sin in christianity.

What a load of creepiness to be telling to an 8 year old kid to convince that kid to be enfolded by the brainwashing of that religion.

It is hard to believe it could even be legal. Does the Hitler youth come to mind? Not the end result, just the brainwashing inherent in any religion.

I guess the answer from the religious set would be 'we have the right to brainwash our kids any way we see fit'.
  3. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 12:25
    A life based on untruths is lacking.
    Well, you got one thing right.
  4. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 12:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse

It is hard to believe it could even be legal. Does the Hitler youth come to mind? Not the end result, just the brainwashing inherent in any religion.
    Interesting you should mention Hitler in this context. If Wikipedia is to be believed (and they cite the New York Times for this one), he had a plan for Christians too, after he got through with the Jews. Sounds like a man after your own heart.

And once we're all gone, there'll be paradise on earth. Imagine....
  5. England
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 13:32
    then if you belive in your soul, as i do, i give mine freely. what do you think will happen to yours.
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 14:19
    Originally posted by pyxelated

[b]It is hard to believe it could even be legal. Does the Hitler youth come to mind? Not the end result, just the brainwashing inherent in any religion.

Interesting you should mention Hitler in this context. If Wikipedia is to be believed (and they cite the New York Times for this one), he had a plan for Christi ...[text shortened]... n after your own heart.

And once we're all gone, there'll be paradise on earth. Imagine....[/b]
    I am reminded of a character in a Frederic Forsythe novel( sorry forgot the title) who is the head of KGB and who looks at the Soviet Premier with " soul dead " eyes! The policeman is so far gone from humanness that even his soul,supposedly immortal in many theologies,is dead! I postulate that many miltant atheists have already morphed into soulless assemblies of bio-chemical reactions. Certainly their senses have lost all capacity for appreciating beauty,love,fellow feeling etc.because the new biologists have declared that all emotion is actually nothing but teeny weeny chemical reaction inside the brain, Blessed be the name of Dawkins!
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 19:44
    The very idea we have this thing called a soul is one of the biggest scams of religion.
    Another one being we are born into sin in christianity.

What a load of creepiness to be telling to an 8 year old kid to convince that kid to be enfolded by the brainwashing of that religion.

It is hard to believe it could even be legal. Does the Hitler youth come ...[text shortened]... from the religious set would be 'we have the right to brainwash our kids any way we see fit'.
    You are talking about false religion, Christianity, Islam Judaism and the rest.
    and of course all these false religions do brainwash us with their fabricated doctrine which are compiled by unenlightenened conditioned mundane persons.
    But there is true religion coming to mankind but which nobody cares to embrace, for they are only interested in false religion which allows them to slaughter animals and live hedonistic life styles and falsley believe they are all going to heaven.

To reject the soul is to support the idea that cells and monecules are all coming together under their own volition and collecting together to create the millions of species of consciouss life, and doing all of this without plan or direction.

How does matter arrange itself in complex functional and intelligent ways, all starting from nothing, until one day their was an explosion, and then after this explosion all the bits and pieces decided to become conscious, become intelligent, become living, become reproductive, become self determinating and the rest.

It is only possible for matter to behave in these extrordinary ways only if there is an unseen power and intelligence behind such things.

This unseen power is called the soul or the spiritual blue/print for all that is existing, and to reject this power is saying that everything that is happening is by random chance which is absurd and unacceptable.

Science must tell us how chemicals and cells behave in complex and intelligent ways giving rise to conscious functional life, or else give up this nonsense talk.

Science is based on a lie (a big lie) and to embrace this false science is to be dishonest.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You are talking about false religion, Christianity, Islam Judaism and the rest.
    and of course all these false religions do brainwash us with their fabricated doctrine which are compiled by unenlightenened conditioned mundane persons.
    But there is true religion coming to mankind but which nobody cares to embrace, for they are only interested in false religion ...[text shortened]...

Science is based on a lie (a big lie) and to embrace this false science is to be dishonest.
    I see that whatever institution has had you locked up, have not managed to purge you of the bottomless pit of bullshlt you insist on inflicting upon us .
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 20:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I see that whatever institution has had you locked up, have not managed to purge you of the bottomless pit of bullshlt you insist on inflicting upon us .
    Because you cannot resond to my post and give the answer, you resort to temper tantrams just like the child who is caught in the lie that they have spun.

Science talks rubbish when they give us the big bang.

Because science have no clue how we all exist, (this is all they have) are you ready for the big scientific announcement? here it is.........conscious intelligent life comes from an explosion.

Science actually teach this nonsense to our children.

Anyone who teach this rubbish are rascals.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 20:51
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Because you cannot resond to my post and give the answer, you resort to temper tantrams just like the child who is caught in the lie that they have spun.

Science talks rubbish when they give us the big bang.

Because science have no clue how we all exist, (this is all they have) are you ready for the big scientific announcement? here it is.........consciou ...[text shortened]... ence actually teach this nonsense to our children.

Anyone who teach this rubbish are rascals.
    I don't give a rats ass about you or your infantile trolling. I'm only bothering to converse with you because I'm bored.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 21:48
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I postulate that many miltant atheists have already morphed into soulless assemblies of bio-chemical reactions. Certainly their senses have lost all capacity for appreciating beauty,love,fellow feeling etc.
    THIS has got be the single most subhuman string of moronic gibberings I've read on this forum so far...

...which is saying a lot.
  12. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 04:59
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    THIS has got be the single most subhuman string of moronic gibberings I've read on this forum so far...

...which is saying a lot.
    Soothfast,you are boiling over! Does not the new biology say that there are no such things as emotions and that there is no such thing as mind. We are mere assemblies of molecules undergoing bio-chemical reactions,the neuroscientists say. So what is your problem?
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 05:21
    Soothfast,you are boiling over! Does not the new biology say that there are no such things as emotions and that there is no such thing as mind. We are mere assemblies of molecules undergoing bio-chemical reactions,the neuroscientists say. So what is your problem?
    Does the real rvsakhadeo know his 9-year-old little brother has access to his account?

You're Mr. Namaste when Taoman comes 'round for a chat, putting on transcendent airs of elevated high-falutin'-ness as a "fellow sadhak" on the "path to spirituality" or whatever; but in reality you're just about as nasty a sumbitch as can be. Being something of a sumbitch myself, believe me I know how to call these shots.

Just be true, man. Either walk the walk of meditative spiritual wisdom, or drop the pretense. As it stands you seem a bloody hypocrite.
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 05:25
    Does not the new biology say that there are no such things as emotions and that there is no such thing as mind.
    To the issue at hand, "mind" is what you make of it. If you know you think and you know you're self-aware, then you can be assured you have "mind." Same goes for emotions. I'm not sure what kind of stuff you're reading, but either it's crazy crap or you're misreading it. Or distorting it willfully.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 05:594 edits
    Originally posted by pyxelated

[b]It is hard to believe it could even be legal. Does the Hitler youth come to mind? Not the end result, just the brainwashing inherent in any religion.

Interesting you should mention Hitler in this context. If Wikipedia is to be believed (and they cite the New York Times for this one), he had a plan for Christi ...[text shortened]... n after your own heart.

And once we're all gone, there'll be paradise on earth. Imagine....[/b]
    So you think somehow I APPROVE of all this brainwashing? I don't think you have been reading much of my posts then.

And once humans are gone from the planet Earth, hopefully by colonizing elsewhere in the solar system or Alpha Centauri or something, the planet will get along just fine without us. I guess that is what you meant.

But if we off ourselves before we can colonize say, the moon or Mars, there will be no fairy god mother come down and go bippity boppity boo and everything will be better, all the boo boos we created on Earth will be magically restored. Good luck with that one.

That is one of my biggest gripes against religion, this idea that there is this magic backup plan where we cannot screw things up so bad we will be saved at the last minute.

If you think that way, take a look at how that worked out with dinosaurs. Don't see too many of them around today. They converted to chickens.

Much as you all desperately want there to be a fairy god mother to make everything right, you will find out the hard way when the last human breaths her last breath and dies, and the planet just goes on as usual, now given a chance to correct all our screwups which it can do very well without us, thank you very much.

Maybe a hundred million years later some other life form will come about with our level of intelligence, maybe a super spider or chimps evolving into another higher primate. Problem there is, we will have screwed up the planet so much that even a hundred million years later, the resources we are using up at an astounding rate will be gone and may take TWO hundred million years to recover.

If something comes around after mankind in only say, ten million years, that is not enough time to regenerate all the oil, coal, natural gas and maybe even fresh water to give the next intelligence a head start with energy and such.

They may have to evolve in such a way as to not require the massive consumption of energy we have so flagrantly destroyed.

If we off ourselves, we would richly deserve to be thrown on the junk heap of history. And ten million years later, if some new intelligence does evolve, there won't be a trace of us left over, maybe some background isotope ratio's that don't add up or something, future scientists may deduce a past civilization but they for sure won't find our libraries, statues and such.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree