1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 06:28
    Originally posted by josephw
    This thread is getting less spiritual with each posting.

I give up. 😞
    This Forum is getting less spiritual with each thread.

But I don't give up.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 10:30
    Then who decides what is spiritual and what is not?
    the dictionary people
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 12:01
    This thread is getting less spiritual with each posting.

I give up. 😞
    Admit it josephw...you started this thread not as an honest enquiry but to lead us into your punchline that atheists should just sod off and let you Christians quibble over the nuances the one true religion. Spirituality is all about Bible god isn't it! 😉
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 12:26
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Admit it josephw...you started this thread not as an honest enquiry but to lead us into your punchline that atheists should just sod off and let you Christians quibble over the nuances the one true religion. Spirituality is all about Bible god isn't it! 😉
    Spirituality is far more than just the bible god. Far more.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 00:18
    Is it spiritual to debate about the existence of God?
    I don't think it's particularly spiritual, but then most of what passes for 'spiritual' in this forum could hardly be less so.
    Personally I'm a bit over the constant tooing and froing of prove this and prove that and I'm right and you're an idiot (I know, I know, I'm up there with the best mudslingers.)
    I'm interested in spirituality, in developing my own spirituality, in understanding how other people approach spirituality, and in talking about all of these things. Whether you or I believe in a god or not is sort of irrelevant to that ...
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 12:58
    Originally posted by amannion
    I don't think it's particularly spiritual, but then most of what passes for 'spiritual' in this forum could hardly be less so.
    Personally I'm a bit over the constant tooing and froing of prove this and prove that and I'm right and you're an idiot (I know, I know, I'm up there with the best mudslingers.)
    I'm interested in spirituality, in developing my own ...[text shortened]... hese things. Whether you or I believe in a god or not is sort of irrelevant to that ...
    Thanks amannion. That's more like it. We're all here because we're interested in things spiritual. I don't necessarily believe that the word "God" always needs to be used within the context of a conversation about spirituality. Some will disagree, but that's their prerogative.

Personally, I can't divorce the spiritual from including God, but that's my personal belief, and I can keep it that way. I can discuss spirituality without mentioning God.

For example: Time. We measure existence within a framework of time. Past, present, and future. Is time linear, or is it cyclical? While we see time as past and future, do we not always exist in the "now"?

There are a million ways to talk about spiritual things without it degenerating into an argument about who's right and who's wrong.

I have learned much from those who don't agree with me about the existence of God.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 13:06
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Trust me Agerg. While at times I may attempt to manipulate, I don't do it deceptively. My motives are true, as I trust are yours.

You know what I believe. I've been honest about that. You believe I'm wrong. You've been honest about that.

But we're both not right about everything. That's why we debate. We debate to increase our mutual understanding. I hope.

That is spiritual. Don't you think?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 13:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This Forum is getting less spiritual with each thread.

But I don't give up.
    I'm human just like you. When I wrote that I was feeling a bit despondent about this forum. Things seem to have gone amuck lately.

I'm here to have an honest debate/discussion with like minded individuals. We know we will disagree, but that shouldn't stop us.

Did I spell "amuck" correctly? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree