1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 00:56
    Originally posted by daniel58
    A footnote on Saint John's chapter 13, verse 1, "Before the festival day of the Pasch"; This was the last pasch of the ministry of Christ, and according to the common computation, was in the the thirty-third year of our Lord; and in the year of the world 4036 so that means the world has been around for 6012 years.

So human fossils can't have been "far more than 6000 years ago" since humans have only been around 6012.
    A word of caution: in all my memories of this forum, I recall many times when a Christian has argued that the earth is only 6000 years old, that evolution is false and the earth and man were made in six days. Not once however has a Christian succeeded in persuading anyone else.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 01:01
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    A word of caution: in all my memories of this forum, I recall many times when a Christian has argued that the earth is only 6000 years old, that evolution is false and the earth and man were made in six days. Not once however has a Christian succeeded in persuading anyone else.
    Days in the Bible and to God can mean different times of periods.
    2 Pet 3:8 is one example. But.... if God wanted to create anything in 1 day, who are we to say he couldn't?
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 01:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Will God accept all religions?
    The only clear light
    takes shape and hue
    from the vessels
    who receive its resplendence.

How tragic as they try
    to smash one another, shouting:
    “Only our vessel
    is the proper shape!
    Only our color
    reflects the true light!”

If only they realized
    the vessels themselves
    are also woven solely
    from the original light
    only to shine,
    one to the other
    and all in all,
    a cosmic tapestry
    of myriad colors…
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 01:59
    Almost should be science thread but the one that is hard to reconcile is the Stars and the Light Years away from us. Some of the light is older than the Earth. At least that is what we are told. How do religious people/Christians reconcile this?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 02:19
    Originally posted by menace71
    Almost should be science thread but the one that is hard to reconcile is the Stars and the Light Years away from us. Some of the light is older than the Earth. At least that is what we are told. How do religious people/Christians reconcile this?
    Again gods time table probably is a lot different then we understand. Isiah 55:8.
    I've even heard sugessted that a creative day could have been 7000 years are longer. But the bible also says that in the future new scrolls will be opened and no doubt many, many questions could be answered then. Who knows????
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 02:371 edit
    Again gods time table probably is a lot different then we understand. Isiah 55:8.
    I've even heard sugessted that a creative day could have been 7000 years are longer. But the bible also says that in the future new scrolls will be opened and no doubt many, many questions could be answered then. Who knows????
    Try reading a book by Dr. Gerald Schroeder called, "Genesis and the Big Bang". He gives some interesting insight as to the 6 day creation period. In effect, he argues that the time table put forth by science is correct and so is the literal Hebrew account of it. For evidence, he takes the writings of ancient rabbis who studied Genesis in the original Hebrew and taught that they did not think the passages were referring to an actual 6 day period. Of course, these teachings were given before modern science said the exact same things.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 02:42
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, I don't believe in god.

Could you please show me where the bible says humans have been around for 6,000 years? I don't seem to be able to find that passage. However, I do see that we have human fossil evidence that is dated to far more than 6,000 years ago. How do you reconcile the two?
    I believe that mankind was a slow work in progress and the completion of mankind was when God breathed a spirit into Adam. Biblically, you can trace the time of Adam to around 6,000 years.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 07:101 edit
    God will accept all religons , 'he' is also working on the notion that humans tend to personalize God a lot,(much like those narrators of cute little baby animal documentries),and hopes that people will start looking in the same 'ball park' for 'him'.
    'He' wishes to remind us that there may have been human life on this planet for upto 500million years!
    (I'm being serious here. Anyone else think that humans have only been on Earth for 6000 years?)
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 12:05
    Originally posted by daniel58
    A footnote on Saint John's chapter 13, verse 1, "Before the festival day of the Pasch"; This was the last pasch of the ministry of Christ, and according to the common computation, was in the the thirty-third year of our Lord; and in the year of the world 4036 so that means the world has been around for 6012 years.

So human fossils can't have been "far more than 6000 years ago" since humans have only been around 6012.
    You know this because you've read, digested and refuted every scientific paper concerning, anthropology, genetics, archaeology, paleontology etc etc on the matter?

Or it's just what you believe?
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 12:18
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    That's probably because there's no evidence to support any of those claims whatsoever.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 13:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That's probably because there's no evidence to support any of those claims whatsoever.
    Most of the beginning chapters in Genesis tells how old the ones being spoken of were when they died. Then these scriptures explain more. Matt 1:1-16. Luke 3: 23-38.
    Do some research and then the math.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 13:50
    Most of the beginning chapters in Genesis tells how old the ones being spoken of were when they died. Then these scriptures explain more. Matt 1:1-16. Luke 3: 23-38.
    Do some research and then the math.
    How is that evidence for the earth being 6000yrs old?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 13:55
    Yeah , make with the readies(lol)! There has to be some sort of evidence for such an outrageous claim!
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 14:36
    The earth is not 6000 years old. Only the humans have been on it that long..
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 14:38
    The earth is not 6000 years old. Only the humans have been on it that long..
    Sorry, but that's not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_time_of_continuous_habitation

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree