1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 22:35
    Guys always here? No matter what time of day or night I always find you all posting. Do you live in front of this thing?😵
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 22:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    Guys always here? No matter what time of day or night I always find you all posting. Do you live in front of this thing?😵
    People live all over the world. it's always early evening somewhere.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 23:28
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    People live all over the world. it's always early evening somewhere.
    But that doesn't explain why it seems like no matter what time I get on here YOU, at least, are always here.😀
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 23:41
    But that doesn't explain why it seems like no matter what time I get on here YOU, at least, are always here.😀
    some people have lives. if you had a life, you would be at rhp all day also so get one
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 01:35
    I just have internet access all the time. And I use the times I post here to think about things. You do LOTS of thinking as a research scientist.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 01:42
    I just have internet access all the time. And I use the times I post here to think about things. You do LOTS of thinking as a research scientist.
    Good. Then I know you'll always be there when I need you. 😉

I like thinking too. It seems that what ever I'm doing I'm thinking about something else.
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 01:58
    Good. Then I know you'll always be there when I need you. 😉

I like thinking too. It seems that what ever I'm doing I'm thinking about something else.
    Only for another 6 weeks, then I start a job where it's more doing and less thinking.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 02:14
    Only for another 6 weeks, then I start a job where it's more doing and less thinking.
    you mean: "only for another 6 weeks, then i get a job."
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 02:15
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    you mean: "only for another 6 weeks, then i get a job."
    No. I already have a job. I'll just have a different one in 6 weeks.
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 02:21
    No. I already have a job. I'll just have a different one in 6 weeks.
    mmhm. when are you moving out of your mom's house?
  11. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 02:24
    I've read a scientific paper that ScottishinNZ has published and I've looked him up on his university's website, he is a legit person who certainly has a job, or at least did a year or so ago.
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 02:29
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    I've read a scientific paper that ScottishinNZ has published and I've looked him up on his university's website, he is a legit person who certainly has a job, or at least did a year or so ago.
    i was jk and wanted to see what he would say
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 03:44
    I haven't lived with my mum in, what, 15 years.

My family still lives in Scotland, and I'm in New Zealand. It'd be a long way to commute if I did still live with my family.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 03:46
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    I've read a scientific paper that ScottishinNZ has published
    You were that guy!

Better not try this one;

Carvalho DD, Irving LJ, Carnevalli RA, Hodgson J & Matthew C (2006)
    Journal of Exp Bot
    57, 9, pp2015-2024

probably the most numerically dense paper I ever wrote. Was a complete swine!
  15. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 03:521 edit
    You were that guy!

Better not try this one;

Carvalho DD, Irving LJ, Carnevalli RA, Hodgson J & Matthew C (2006)
    Journal of Exp Bot
    57, 9, pp2015-2024

probably the most numerically dense paper I ever wrote. Was a complete swine!
    Distribution of current photosynthate in two Guinea grass (Panicum maximum Jacq.) cultivars?

In a glasshouse experiment, different tiller categories (main, young primary, and old primary) of two Guinea grass cultivars, Mombaça and Tanzânia, were 14C-labelled to investigate C translocation between tillers. In both cultivars, young primary tillers retained less radiocarbon (79😵 than main (86😵 and old primary (87😵 labelled tillers, suggesting that the photosynthetic capacity of the young tillers exceeds their capacity either to store or use that photosynthate for growth and maintenance. In cv. Tanzânia the old primary tillers translocated more photoassimilate to their daughter tillers and to the rest of the plant than cv. Mombaça, suggesting either higher vascular connectivity between tillers or stronger diurnal fluctuations in sink–source balance in Tanzânia than Mombaça. For unlabelled tillers, specific activities were almost always higher in roots than in shoots, although total radiocarbon uptake by roots was reduced in younger tillers with low root mass. Where young primary tillers were labelled, the largest single repository of exported photoassimilate was the main tiller roots, indicating that daughter tillers may make an important contribution to the maintenance of older roots on mature tillers.

Well the abstract looks intimidating, but I think sometime when I'm feeling masochistic I'll give it a try.

EDIT: I like the smiley faces that were automatically put in, very appropriate. I've got the PDF by the way if anyone else feels like reading this beast of a paper and doesn't have access to a subscription to the Journal of Experimental Botany.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree