1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Dec '15 23:412 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Abel? As in Cain and Abel?

If memory serves, Abel never placed his faith in Jesus for salvation, mainly because he had never heard of him.
    Rom 4:9-12

9 Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness. 10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised. 11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.
    NKJV

Actually he did. In the promise of Genesis 3:15. All those who were before Christ were saved by faith in the promise.
    🙂
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 03:28
    I was thinking more along the lines of Luke 1:26

Luke 1:26-38New International Version (NIV)

The Birth of Jesus Foretold

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[a] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 04:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    I was thinking more along the lines of Luke 1:26

Luke 1:26-38New International Version (NIV)

The Birth of Jesus Foretold

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel ...[text shortened]... the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.
    Yes, but you must know Jesus Christ is the subject of the entire bible from Genesis 3:15- the end of Revelation

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree