1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 23:31
    Well? Which is the most hypocritical, underhand, lying, cheating religion in the world?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 00:06
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Well? Which is the most hypocritical, underhand, lying, cheating religion in the world?
    let me guess, christianity? thats what youre looking for right?
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 00:08
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    let me guess, christianity? thats what youre looking for right?
    Oh, I'll take any lying, underhand religion. Of course, they all are. Don't let your built-in Christian persecution complex get too out of control.
  4. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 00:18
    They all are? I wouldn't say every single religion is all that. Is Buddhism an example of one that's not?
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 00:40
    Originally posted by pizzintea
    They all are? I wouldn't say every single religion is all that. Is Buddhism an example of one that's not?
    I guess it depends on how you define "religion". Since there is no god in Buddhism you could argue it's more of a philosophy than a religion. On the other hand, of course....

Buddhism does seem an aweful lot more sensible then many of the others though.
  6. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 00:45
    I guess it depends on how you define "religion". Since there is no god in Buddhism you could argue it's more of a philosophy than a religion. On the other hand, of course....

I agree that religion has been well let's say horrible in some cases. Used to justify wars and such, but I like to think at the beginning of all religions was the goal to help people in their lives. It was more of a legal system than belief. Had to be kosher and such. Just to help them survive, no fridges back then, cleaned out wheat storages every year or so to prevent mold growth. So originally, I think religion was a beneficial thing, then got currupted by need for power and money.
  7. Joined
    25 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 02:001 edit
    Islam would be another exception like Bhuddism.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 03:40
    Originally posted by AngelAnnie
    What is your reasoning behind this?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 05:34
    What is your reasoning behind this?
    THIS I'd like to hear.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 10:54
    Originally posted by AngelAnnie
    You mean the religion that from AD 632 to 850, conquered the north African coast and most of Egypt, most of Spain and some of southern France, Sardinia, Corsica, Sicily, Crete, Syria, Jerusalem, Mesopotamia, Armenia and Persia. And has gone on to being a major influence throughout north Africa, Arabia, central Asia, north and west India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, and a large part of Indonesia. All in the name of god.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 11:10
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You mean the religion that from AD 632 to 850, conquered the north African coast and most of Egypt, most of Spain and some of southern France, Sardinia, Corsica, Sicily, Crete, Syria, Jerusalem, Mesopotamia, Armenia and Persia. And has gone on to being a major influence throughout north Africa, Arabia, central Asia, north and west India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, and a large part of Indonesia. All in the name of god.
    And its happening again......
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 11:551 edit

Like atheism perhaps?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 12:03
    What makes a religion currupt? What causes corruption? That is your answer. You can demonize certain groups and canonize other groups as saints if you like. However, this line of questioning is akin to asking which race of people are the most corrupt. You would automatically be dubbed a racist if you asked such a question. However, those who are religions seem to be fair game, no?
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 12:591 edit
    Because you can point out who is lying, cheating, underhanded, cheating and religious .... because you KNOW that does that make you one bit more righteous?

That's what some of us call "the knowledge of good and evil". That is something that man is very proud of.

That you can point out who is a hypocrit, how does that make you superior?
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 14:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    What makes a religion currupt? What causes corruption? That is your answer. You can demonize certain groups and canonize other groups as saints if you like. However, this line of questioning is akin to asking which race of people are the most corrupt. You would automatically be dubbed a racist if you asked such a question. However, those who are religions seem to be fair game, no?
    Defining someone by their race is with almost no exceptions, moronic. Religion and culture are fair game however because they are choices, you don't choose your race, you are born into it, and it is unchangeable (unless you're Michael Jackson). But you can choose whether to have, and which religion you follow, and you can chose which cultural/moral values you aspire/subscribe to. There is no group I am aware of that is a complete homogenous mass where one stereotype can apply to everyone, however you can still classify the KKK as a racist organisation, or the catholic church as being anti-abortion. These values can be judged, and tested, practice compared with theory, but the whole exercise is pretty pointless. Religions are fair game in the way races are not, that does not make this a good, or sensible question, or one that has a sensible answer. You could argue this one way or another till the cows come home and all that would result is short tempers and flying insults.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree