1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 19:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Now g75 answer me.

Why do you think god is worried about what others (the angels) think?

Do you think he is he paranoid?
    I think you'll find the new "strategy" is to disappear for a while when challenged. Both he and robbie.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 22:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not according to some here e.g. checkbaiter.
    That is not entirely true. You are mixing Sovereignty with something else. I seem to remember our conversation some time back, but what I was trying to get across was not God's Sovereignty, but that He cannot not go against His own rules.
    I believe we were discussing Satan's free will here on earth and why bad things happen, or some where along that line. God could not stop certain things without violating his own laws.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 22:34
    Such as "thou shall not kill". God never killed everything, right.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 23:32
    Originally posted by apathist
    Such as "thou shall not kill". God never killed everything, right.
    That is more properly rendered Thou shall not murder...
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 00:38
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If you do believe in the God of the Bible, just wanting to hear your opinions, views, ideas, wants, approvals or disapprovals of God? If he isn't what you want in a God, how would you change him or ask of him to do differently?
    No arguing here, just your thoughts.....
    keep in mind my comments come from an agnostic view point. I think if a god followed individual human wishes, it would be awful. Good and Evil are relative. Without one, how do you recognize the other? I think Milton touches on this in Paradise Lost. Without the contrast, life would probably be rather boring. Is heavan boring? I will never know. Few of us want to die but without death, there can be no new life. The death of carbon based life forms provides sustanance for new life. If there is a God, It is a Prime Mover who is subject to all the laws of nature It put in place. Before some of you get upset with my use It, I think it is more respectful than attributing a He or She to God. It is neither omnicient nor omnipotent and that's okay. The point is to realize that Time is your most precious resource. Use it wisely. Be compasionate. Be loving. Be kind. Work for the common good of all the life Earth supports. Our true treasures lie in the relationships we have with our family, friends and the Earth. Stop worrying so much about the nature of god and especially stop worrying about heavan and hell. If you do good only out of fear, you are not good. In Judaism there is no talk or attention paid to the concept of life after death. The focus is on doing god's will here and now. You will never hear a rabbi talk about heaven and hell.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 01:51
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If you do believe in the God of the Bible, just wanting to hear your opinions, views, ideas, wants, approvals or disapprovals of God? If he isn't what you want in a God, how would you change him or ask of him to do differently?
    No arguing here, just your thoughts.....
    He is who he is....to want a god of your own imagination is called idolatry.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 19:58
    Originally posted by Phranny... Few of us want to die but without death, there can be no new life.
    I understand the point. After we've dropped our seeds, life is done with us. But there is no physical reason we cannot live forever. That is my goal, and so far, so good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree