1. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 06:40
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Yes fighting has been going on from Biblical times and will still continue, but it is not what is causing destruction in the world today. Maybe 100's of years ago but not today.
    Actually disease has always been the biggest killer.
    Most wars today and in the past involve people trying to gain more power and religious influences.
    I am not sure whether natural disasters or wars claim the most lives today. I suspect car accidents and violent crime are fairly high up there too.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 08:06
    Evolution from normal to gay should be called "your stupid!" And someone believing in evolution and is gay, is way passed stupid. If I was a bit harsh on someone here, at least you know I am talking the truth.

I agree with RJHinds, man is to be blamed themselves for the defects, not God.
    And someone believing in evolution and is gay, is way passed stupid.

What a charming human being you are.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 08:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You mean someone like Thomas in the New Testament?
    Remember what Jesus told Thomas.
    More importantly, what did Jesus do? Oh yeah, that's right, he provided proof to Thomas, huh. A supremely important facet of the account which, in your divine wisdom, you wholly ignore. Bravo.
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 09:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i am sorry i dont find anything in your statement which supports your assertions. The
    fact of the matter remains that Hitler was deeply influenced by Darwin and Spencer,
    your assertion that he was not is simply not true. Regardless of what it means, it was
    used as a basis for the most utterly inhumane affairs, from economics and a
    justifica ...[text shortened]...
    the way that it has.

Yes its late, i am wasted! I am Scottish, you are English, what of it?
    Yeah, I live next to this painter. He says he was influenced by De Kooning. But this guy can't paint, and De Kooning could. Is De Kooning to blame for every piss poor "artist" who claims him as an influence? Does this guy's work reflect on De Kooning? No, and no. So what's your point? Some sociopath tries to justify so called "Social Darwinism" and an eugenics program on the basis of a biological theory he completely misunderstands, and...?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 10:59
    Originally posted by buckky
    If I drop dead, and find out that the Christians had the Truth, and I was all wet in my doubt, I'm not sure what my defense would be. I guess it would be time to tell the Truth and try not to worm out of it. The Truth would be it made no sense to me and that is why I rejected it. Sorry but it never rang true, and now I'm headed for Hell because of my learning ...[text shortened]... ean I'm under Satans spell, and I can't think straight ? If so then that is my defense also.
    does a religion of love make no sense? why would you think that. nevermind what some christians do. if everyone where to adhere to the teachings of christ, would the world be a bad place?

on that note, if you follow christ teachings but don't believe in him, would you think that you would get eternal torment? again, nevermind what some christians think, would you believe it makes sense that the supreme being, a benevolent supreme being that thought us about love would condemn you to pain and suffering because you didn't give him respect?
    i suspect that at the most, he would hold a slight grudge and be very disappointed with you. i mean, common, he(jesus) came to earth, risked aggravation, eventually he died a pretty gruesome death just to teach you that love conquers all and everyone deserves happiness. and you couldn't be bothered to believe in him? i think you and all the righteous atheists, muslims, jews, etc would get the crappy parking spaces in heaven but that's about it.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 11:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think rwingett and googlefudge see Hitler as a great example of the
    evolutionay progress of man.
    I am trying hard to think of something less accurate and more insulting you could say to me, or about me,
    but right now I can't think of anything.

This is a feckless and evidently false, and deeply insulting statement born of complete ignorance and malice.

Apologise or shut the hell up.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 11:50
    you'll never get to give God a piece of your mind...

God does not make you gay, nor a murderer etc. What you should do is look at that persons parents, childhood and friends. It is your own decision to be gay. Being gay is just morally wrong and now they and you want to point fingers at God in which you do not even belief in "but want to blame". Your hea ...[text shortened]... y are the ones responsible for it, not God.

God is no person whom you think can be mocked.
    I know god doesn't make people gay, god doesn't make people anything at all.
    He doesn't exist.
    Similarly I wont ever give him a piece of my mind because he doesn't exist.
    Also I am not angry with god because he doesn't exist.
    I don't want to blame, or attribute anything to god, because he doesn't exist.

However you think god created people, and given we know sexuality is largely
    determined pre-birth (and actually there are not even just 2 completely distinct
    genders) god must (according to you) have made it so that some people were
    naturally born with attributes they couldn't help, but for which they should be
    lynched. It is your belief I was poking holes in/fun at, not god.
    There is no point doing a character assassination on something non-existent.

Being gay has been demonstrated not to be a choice but a function of how your
    brain developed while in the womb.
    This seems to be in large part due to hormone levels during pregnancy which is
    why the strongest predictor for being gay among men is the number of elder
    brothers you have.
    This being due to the fact that the more boys a woman gives birth too the lower
    certain hormone levels get for subsequent pregnancies.
    Studies have also shown that being raised by gay parents has no effect on your
    likelihood of becoming gay yourself.

There is also nothing wrong with it, even if it were a choice, if it makes them happy,
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Claiming people being gay is morally wrong, or a choice, or something foisted on them
    by friends and family in this day and age is both bigoted and highly ignorant.

I think you will find that you are the one whose head is on backwards.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 12:18
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i think you and all the righteous atheists, muslims, jews, etc would get the crappy parking spaces in heaven but that's about it.
    Why would we get crappy parking spaces?
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 12:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    more importantly... what would we have to park?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:34
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    more importantly... what would we have to park?
    well you as an atheist? an amish buggy
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    because you refuse to acknowledge jesus's existance. jesus is standing behind you right now waving and you just ignore him, that will make him upset with you for let's say the first 300 or so years of eternity.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    because you refuse to acknowledge jesus's existance. jesus is standing behind you right now waving and you just ignore him, that will make him upset with you for let's say the first 300 or so years of eternity.
    Ah, I think I see the problem....
    I don't have eyes in the back of my head...
    He should try standing in front of me and waving to get my attention...
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:571 edit
    I would never reach for Christianity because there is very little to reach for. I have been wrong about many things in my life. What makes you so sure that you have arrived at the Truth. You might have found the Truth, but how do you determine that ?
    A sincere heart will bring one to the Vedas and then an honest heart and a genuine desire to learn of God and spirituality shall deliver you the truth.

There is practically no person in this world who is genuine when it comes to God because when they approach false religion that allows them to slaughter animals (kill) they quickly embrace that religion with both hands and they are then presented with more falsity which they readily accept........they have no clue what they are doing.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 17:091 edit
    HA HA HA you have got guts. Who are you to lecture any Christian on the invention of Christianity? Your poor effort here proof you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Christians? Destruction? In countries around the world?
    Why have you forgot to ask Hitler, Islam, Vedas and ALL the other false religions the same question? Why only for Christians?

Too sensitive?
    No, I am an equal opportunity religious railer. I have spoken about the Islamic cruelty before, people are being killed as we speak for refusing to convert to Islam. So you don't think Christianity has destroyed whole cultures? I think you better take a look at the history of christianity. Look at what Cortez did to the Aztecs. Or does that not count? Just good ole boys bringing the lord to savages?

BTW, if you had read any of my posts you would know I went to a Lutheran church and school for 8 years, all my grade school was in the First Lutheran school of El Monte California. Bible readings, catechism, the full brainwash job. Fortunately it didn't take with me. I know quite a bit about the bible and such.

Like the part where it says a man is worth 50 sheckels and a woman 35.

Or the part that says if your son disrespects you, kill him. Yessir, quite a nice religion you have there.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 18:42
    If I drop dead, and find out that the Christians had the Truth, and I was all wet in my doubt, I'm not sure what my defense would be. I guess it would be time to tell the Truth and try not to worm out of it. The Truth would be it made no sense to me and that is why I rejected it. Sorry but it never rang true, and now I'm headed for Hell because of my learning ...[text shortened]... ean I'm under Satans spell, and I can't think straight ? If so then that is my defense also.
    Take it to Christ spanky.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree