1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '13 07:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So men were NOT created in the image of god? So show me oh maven where it says that.
    There you go again. It does no good to explain anything to you as long as you continue to bury your head in that pompus arse of yours.

The instructor
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 May '13 13:172 edits

Out of context? It says it in black and white in your pathetic bible. AND GOD SPOKE TO MOSES women are worth 30 shekels and men 50. There is no context to take that out from. It is INHERENT IN YOUR RELIGION THAT WOMEN ARE WORTH LESS THAN MEN. No amount of rationalization will kill that damnable verse. Especially when men just HAPPEN to be on top of the totem pole of political power in religions and always have been.
    You can't see snake oil when it rubs on your back.
    And the arrogant one that pronounces man to be made in god's image. Those are the words of men if I ever heard it.

The verse in Genesis stating that man was made in the image of God makes it clear that by "man" - male and female is intended.

Genesis 1:27 - "And God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female he created them."

You're not talking to the Instructor now. You're reading my response.

I have already spoken to your 50 shekels / 30 shekels complaint.

Tell me why bigamy or polygamy is not instructed in the law of Moses ?

Why does Leviticus 18:18 forbid a man to take his wife's sister also as a wife ?

"Do not take your wife's sister [literally, 'a woman to her sister'] as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living." (NIV)

We know some Old Testament figures had more than one wife. But you cannot prove God commanded it but rather made some provision for it as He would for contacting leprosy or fleeing an avenging enemy.

By the way, the literal words "a woman to her sister" and its counterpart "a man to his brother," are used twenty times in the Hebrew Scriptures, and never do they refer to a literal sister or brother. Rather, they are idioms for "on in addition to another." So the passage is not concerning INCEST. It refers to a wife in addition to a wife already possessed.

If women are inferior as in the many cultures in ancient Near East where polygamy was law, why does God rule against it in Leviticus 18:18 ?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '13 15:14
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote]
    Out of context? It says it in black and white in your pathetic bible. AND GOD SPOKE TO MOSES women are worth 30 shekels and men 50. There is no context to take that out from. It is INHERENT IN YOUR RELIGION THAT WOMEN ARE WORTH LESS THAN MEN. No amount of rationalization will kill that damnable verse. Especially when men just HAPPEN to be on top of ...[text shortened]... st where polygamy was law, why does God rule against it in Leviticus 18:18 ?
    I'll just throw it back at you, what part of AND GOD SPOKE TO MOSES do you not understand? Either it was man made and it's all BS or your precious lord ACTUALLY THINKS WOMEN ARE WORTH LESS THAN MEN. You frigging can't have it both ways. This is an either or situation, NOTHING IN BETWEEN is allowed, since you all think the lord wrote or inspired every word in the bible. If your lord inspired every word in the bible it also inspired those words which you now admit are contradicted a few verses on. So not only is it man made, they actually cannot keep their story straight even in the same frigging book of your bible.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '13 21:42
    I'll just throw it back at you, what part of AND GOD SPOKE TO MOSES do you not understand? Either it was man made and it's all BS or your precious lord ACTUALLY THINKS WOMEN ARE WORTH LESS THAN MEN. You frigging can't have it both ways. This is an either or situation, NOTHING IN BETWEEN is allowed, since you all think the lord wrote or inspired every word i ...[text shortened]... they actually cannot keep their story straight even in the same frigging book of your bible.
    Why do you mess up my thread about the Muslim God with your trolling comments. Make your own thread.

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    18 May '13 22:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why do you mess up my thread about the Muslim God with your trolling comments. Make your own thread.

The Instructor
    Why do you mess up other threads with your trolling comments? Make your own threads.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 May '13 00:15

The Instructor
    What Muslim god? I thought you, the maven instructor, thought the Muslim god was the devil. So the devil is a god now?
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    19 May '13 06:21
    What Muslim god? I thought you, the maven instructor, thought the Muslim god was the devil. So the devil is a god now?
    Ah ha! Multiple gods! Just as I thought, the biblical god is just one among many.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '13 07:12
    I am referring to Allah. Well, the New Testament refers to Satan as the god of this world, because so many people in the world are on his side, even you. Yes, I believe that anyone that does not honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the true God are following a false god, who is Satan, because I believe there is only one true God.

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    19 May '13 10:48
    I am referring to Allah. Well, the New Testament refers to Satan as the god of this world, because so many people in the world are on his side, even you. Yes, I believe that anyone that does not honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the true God are following a false god, who is Satan, because I believe there is only one true God.

The Instructor
    So black or white? No grey? I do not believe either your god or satan exist although I allow the possibility of gods existing.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '13 01:051 edit
    Originally posted by Kepler
    So black or white? No grey? I do not believe either your god or satan exist although I allow the possibility of gods existing.
    Jesus said, "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters."

(Matthew 12:30 NASB)

The Instructor
  11. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 07:33
    Jesus said, "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters."

(Matthew 12:30 NASB)

The Instructor
    I don't seem to be doing much scattering.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:25
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I don't seem to be doing much scattering.
    That is because you look at everything from your tiny mental perspective and have no eyes to see or ears to hear things from the Holy Spirit of God.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree