1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 16:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Do you [b] EVER get on any other subject besides Arminian justification by works ?

I'll answer your question directly only after you apologize to Suzzanne for your insult towards her. You insinuated that she was a sycophant. You said some highly offensive things in that post.

I am willing to forgive you. But unless you apologize to Su ...[text shortened]...
    Plus he has a following. Lots of mindless sycophants continue to applaud him.
    [/b]
    All irrelevancies.
    - my pet topics
    - what I told whoever. [I notice you dont bother about who tells me anything]
    - your forgivensss
    - your obligation

All are irrelevant. You cannot answer unless you write a 2 page doccument, which tends to nonsense after two paragraphs.

Christ said what gives eternal life. A Christian models his life around Christ. You and your corrupt types search the Bible for ways to get away from doing the good works. You are crooked and deceitful. Love and good works is what Christ preached. It is what the Apostles also preached. But you pull out oneliners that serve you crooked purpose and preach that only.

Do you really think God accepts your - "NO LOVE, SIN ALL YOU CAN, AND EVEN GOD CANNOT REVOKE YOUR ETERNAL LIFE" teaching ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 17:061 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    All irrelevancies.
    - my pet topics
    - what I told whoever. [I notice you dont bother about who tells me anything]
    - your forgivensss
    - your obligation

All are irrelevant. You cannot answer unless you write a 2 page doccument, which tends to nonsense after two paragraphs.

Christ said what gives eternal life. A Christian models his life around Chris ...[text shortened]... cepts your - "NO LOVE, SIN ALL YOU CAN, AND EVEN GOD CANNOT REVOKE YOUR ETERNAL LIFE" teaching ?
    Not pet topics - but pet topic - one, period.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 17:20
    Not pet topics - but pet topic - one, period.
    Its the one topic that matters. The rest [like many of yours] are nebulae [I will save you the trouble; it meas piles of dust and gas].

What gives a man eternal life was laid down in simple language by Jesus. Christ is the true vine, the way, the truth, the rock upon which Christianity is built. All your voluminous writings about dust and gas are meaningless because you do not understand Christ.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 17:242 edits
    LOVE, SIN ALL YOU CAN, AND EVEN GOD CANNOT REVOKE YOUR ETERNAL LIFE" teaching ?

I joined ChessAtWork in August of 2002 first under the name of jaywill. Latter I rejoined under the name sonship.

Find me one discussion post where I encouraged anyone to "SIN ALL YOU CAN".

And if you cannot produce one then of course you're bearing false witness and a transgressor of the law of God.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 17:28
    LOVE, SIN ALL YOU CAN, AND EVEN GOD CANNOT REVOKE YOUR ETERNAL LIFE" teaching ?

I joined ChessAtWork in August of 2002 first under the name of [b]jaywill
    . Latter I rejoined under the name sonship.

And if you cannot produce one then of course you're bearing false witness and a transgressor of the law of God.[/b]
    You misquoted me. I said that you preach "

"NO LOVE, SIN ALL YOU CAN, AND EVEN GOD CANNOT REVOKE YOUR ETERNAL LIFE"

Those are 3 phrases:
    1. No Love
    2. Sin all you can
    3. Even God cannot revoke your eternal life.

So you are accepting that you do in fact preach Nos 1 and 3 and saying that never preached No 2.

Is that correct?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 17:39
    You misquoted me. I said that you preach "

[b] "NO LOVE, SIN ALL YOU CAN, AND EVEN GOD CANNOT REVOKE YOUR ETERNAL LIFE"

Those are 3 phrases:
    1. No Love
    2. Sin all you can
    3. Even God cannot revoke your eternal life.

So you are accepting that you do in fact preach Nos 1 and 3 and saying that never preached No 2.

Is that correct?[/b]
    I joined ChessAtWork in August of 2002 first under the name of jaywill. Latter I rejoined under the name sonship.

And if you cannot produce one then of course you're bearing false witness and a transgressor of the law of God.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 18:24

Yep .. repeat the same thing without answering my question. You are smart enough to realise that preaching #1 and #3 can automatically lead someone to believe that #2 is implied.

#1 - NO LOVE means you can ignore Christ commandment to love God and love your neighbour... ie no good works.

#3 - That God himself cannot revoke your eternal life [only an arrogant fool believes such a thing by the way] means that sin has no effect on your eternal life.

You clearly said sin is of no consequence. Not being able to find the exact quote does not matter.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 18:48
    Yep .. repeat the same thing without answering my question. You are smart enough to realise that preaching #1 and #3 can automatically lead someone to believe that #2 is implied.

#1 - NO LOVE means you can ignore Christ commandment to love God and love your neighbour... ie no good works.

#3 - That God himself cannot revoke your eternal life [only an ar ...[text shortened]... u clearly said sin is of no consequence. Not being able to find the exact quote does not matter.
    I joined the forum in 2002 - jaywill, and then sonship.

If you cannot produce a post where I said or suggested or taught that anyone Christian or non-Christian should SIN ALL YOU CAN, then you bear false withness.

So let's try the next accusation

You clearly said sin is of no consequence.

Quote me. I want to see where I wrote this and in what sense I could have possibly said it.

You say "CLEARLY". Quote me where I "clearly" taught "sin is of no consequence."
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Feb '14 04:52
    It contains wisdom for many of the realistic situations human beings find themselves in.

The particular passage I spoke of had a specific background. That is spiritual people who in their quest for spirituality, are competitive and contention with each other in a self centered way.

This is similar to the 10 disciples being angry with James and John b ...[text shortened]... lth of many applications, then you complain that we can just pick up anything matching our mood.
    No, Jay, you're not damned either way. I accept your agreement that the Bible is a versatile book. I bring it up because I tend to underline that the Bible is many voices speaking in many directions. It is easy to quote a passage harmonious to the point you are trying to make, while passing off some that are discordant.

Maybe it would make it seem less like Me-theism if we examined some of the other directions and voices, instead of the "believers get all this neat stuff! And we get to bring Jesus back to earth a 2nd time!"
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '14 14:412 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    No, Jay, you're not damned either way. I accept your agreement that the Bible is a versatile book. I bring it up because I tend to underline that the Bible is many voices speaking in many directions. It is easy to quote a passage harmonious to the point you are trying to make, while passing off some that are discordant.

Maybe it would make it seem les ...[text shortened]... of the "believers get all this neat stuff! And we get to bring Jesus back to earth a 2nd time!"

Of course it is fun for skeptics to examine a thread started by a Christian and immediately look for "discordant" points to that theme from the Bible. Ie. Pull in the other direction just for fun.

But there are no discordant voices from the saints concerning wanting to be with God to the greatest degree rather than apart from Him.

Of course there are many voices in Scripture wanting God to not be involved with their lives or the world. There are even voices of saints wanting to limit God's enfluence to only a certain permitted sphere.

As a seeker for God I count these as abnormal instances, or lessons I want to avoid rather than emulate. I look for the best examples of men cooperating with God. The flawed examples are very realistic and candid. But these examples I take as warnings.

There are many such realistic examples as these. I wouldn't say they are altogether discordant. But they are skewed. In the Son of God all skewedness is absent. This One is perfect. He's at the pinnacle, the high peak of Divine / Human coordination.

It is never worth it to me to search the Scriptures and fail to note something of Christ in it. I may stumble on some "discordant" voices. But I do not camp down there. They only serve the purpose from me to cause to bring into sharper focus the Son of God.

Maybe it would make it seem less like Me-theism if we examined some of the other directions and voices, instead of the "believers get all this neat stuff! And we get to bring Jesus back to earth a 2nd time!"

"Believers get all the neat stuff."
    Believers get all the nifty goodies.
    Hmmm.

Believers get God Himself. What else better could there possibly be ?

There's a story about a very rich man who was conducting a giving away of all his possessions. He was standing on the massive front doorstep of his mansion. All kinds of expensive furniture was spread out over the lawn. People walked around viewing all these items. People were calling out what they wanted for themselves.

Finally one young child seemed to grasp the most important thing and called out "I want YOU."

The point here is that the simplistic mind of the kid ascertained quite well what would be of he highest benefit, to own the owner of all these things himself.

In obtaining God man obtains everything, in your expression, "all the neat stuff ". It is just that the ultimate "neat stuff" is God Himself.

"Indeed, He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)

In Christ God prepared all blessings, all riches, all enjoyment because Christ is God incarnate given to us.

This passage shows the eagerness of God who is like a man who set up a rich feast and wanted his house to be filled with guests.

"And one of those reclining at table with Him , hearing these things said to Him, blessed is he who shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.

And He said to him, A certain man was making a great dinner and invited many; And he sent his slave at the dinner hour to say to those who had been invited, Come, for all things are now ready.

And they all with one consent began to make excuses. The first said to him, I have bought a piece of land, and I need to go out and see it. I ask you, have me excused.

And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to prove them. I ask you, have me excused.

And another said, I have married a wife, and because of this I cannot come.

And the slave came up and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house became angry and told his slave, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and crippled and blind and lame. And the slave said, Master, what you commanded has been done, and still there is room.

And the master said to the slave, Go out into the roads and hedges and compel them to come in, so that my house may be filled. For I tell you that none of those men who were invited shall taste of my dinner." (Luke 14:16-24)

Some of us take these last two thousand some years as God sending His servants to the highways and byways and roads to bring in the lame, the blind, the poor into His house and dinner. We are grateful for the invitation. We do not want to be those discordant reactors making all kinds of excuses not to come. "All things are ready" God says. We are are eager to come to the feast.

These are the voices I, at least, intended to write about in this thread.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 04:221 edit

Of course it is ...[text shortened]... come to the feast.

These are the voices I, at least, intended to write about in this thread.
    Sounds like you're ready to own the 'Me-theist' label. The only question now is will you combine what you wrote into a single brazen sentence rather than distributing the endorsement over several paragraphs.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 05:30
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Sounds like you're ready to own the 'Me-theist' label. The only question now is will you combine what you wrote into a single brazen sentence rather than distributing the endorsement over several paragraphs.
    I prefer He-Theism or even She-Theism since we who all saved end up as the corporate Bride and Wife of Christ.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 06:35
    What this thread was to be about was the basic principles of spiritual warfare. I see now that the number comments from unbelievers makes the subject matter rather inappropriate to the audience which is doing most of the responding.

Its ok though.

I was naive to think that just maybe, just MAYBE, some seeking people might understand some of the b ...[text shortened]... ould simply not understand anything about cooperating and coordinating with God's will .... yet.
    Oh come on jaywill, have you only just realised this. If you want to discuss real spiritual matters you/we need a a private club. This zoo is for observational purposes only.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 17:231 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Oh come on jaywill, have you only just realised this. If you want to discuss real spiritual matters you/we need a a private club. This zoo is for observational purposes only.
    I know. But I always hope there are some at the event horizon, on the verge.
    We all had to come up close to stepping out into that big and faithful Divine Hand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree