1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 21:23
    this forum is not about religion.

this forum is a drain which russ and chris created to keep religion out of the general forum.

you are a circling drain.

i do not post this as someone who is anti-religious. i am a great friend of the mormons and of the baptists.

i just point out that all i have seen for years is fingerpointing and recidivist orthodoxy thrown about again and again.

the anti and pro religionists have never raised or solved new questions ( the intellectualism is not that strong here ).

you are hamsters on a wheel...or as russ and chris intended...you are flotsam and jetsam circling the never ending maw of the non-general drain of life.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 21:37
    Originally posted by reinfeld

this forum is a drain which russ and chris created to keep religion out of the general forum.

i do not post this as someone who is anti-religious. i am a great friend of the mormons and of the baptists.

i just point out that all i have seen for years is fingerpointing and recidivist ...[text shortened]... ded...you are flotsam and jetsam circling the never ending maw of the non-general drain of life.
    You are mistaken in assuming that you are observing that flotsam and jetsam from afar instead of being immersed in it.
  3. Illinois
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 22:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You are mistaken in assuming that you are observing that flotsam and jetsam from afar instead of being immersed in it.
    🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 22:30
    Originally posted by rwingett

i am just walking by the drain as i walk by the railroad tracks and am just making an observation. i am not dipping my nose in the swill. you will note that i have not been an active and constant participant in this slog even though otherwise i have spent much time in my life in other domains in the area of "religion".
  5. The Smoke
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 23:05
    you are hamsters on a wheel...or as russ and chris intended...you are flotsam and jetsam circling the never ending maw of the non-general drain of life.
    nice one! one of the best posts in ages... 😉
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 23:15

i just point out that all i have seen for years is fingerpointing and recidivist ...[text shortened]... ded...you are flotsam and jetsam circling the never ending maw of the non-general drain of life.
    "i just point out that all i have seen for years is fingerpointing and recidivist orthodoxy thrown about again and again."

"you are hamsters on a wheel..."

Nice of you to join us.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 23:191 edit
    (Ecclesiastes 1:12-14) . . .I, the congregator, happened to be king over Israel in Jerusalem.  And I set my heart to seek and explore wisdom in relation to everything that has been done under the heavens—the calamitous occupation that God has given to the sons of mankind in which to be occupied.  I saw all the works that were done under the sun, and, look! everything was vanity and a striving after wind.

. . .And I, even I, turned toward all the works of mine that my hands had done and toward the hard work that I had worked hard to accomplish, and, look! everything was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing of advantage under the sun.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 23:36

I disagree. I believe your comments only represent a portion of the content on this forum.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 23:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (Ecclesiastes 1:12-14) . . .I, the congregator, happened to be king over Israel in Jerusalem.  And I set my heart to seek and explore wisdom in relation to everything that has been done under the heavens—the calamitous occupation that God has given to the sons of mankind in which to be occupied.  I saw all the works that were done under the sun, and, ...[text shortened]... hing was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing of advantage under the sun.[/b]
    Ecclesiastes 12:13
    Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 23:521 edit

( the intellectualism is not that strong here ).
    But it IS strong in General - that's where ALL the heavyweights hang out, right? 🙄

Yeah, we're really missing out here - we don't have 10 threads per page on how to deal with Grampy Bobby. Real highbrow stuff there!
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 00:11
    Life itself is the flotsam and jetsam you describe. This forum is but one small piece of flotsam (or jetsam) in that that wide, wide ocean of the universe.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 02:35

============================
    ========================

Who said it was ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree