1. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 08:32
    "...The continual stream of new discovery and fresh revelation and inspiration that arises at every moment is the manifestation of the eternal youth of the living dharma and its wonders; splendor and spontaneity is the play or dance aspect of the universe as guru.

One should learn to see everyday life as a mandala in which one is at the center, and be free of the bias and prejudice of past conditioning, present desires, and hopes and expectations about the future. The figures of the mandala are the day-to-day objects of one's life experiences moving in the great dance of the play of the universe, the symbolism by which the guru reveals profound and ultimate meaning and significance."

Excerpt: Pith Instructions on the Great Perfection
    Dilgo Kyhentse Rinpoche
    Source: http://nondualite.free.fr/c_dilgokyhentse.htm
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 19:20
    Originally posted by Taoman
    "...The continual stream of new discovery and fresh revelation and inspiration that arises at every moment is the manifestation of the eternal youth of the living dharma and its wonders; splendor and spontaneity is the play or dance aspect of the universe as guru.

One should learn to see everyday life as a mandala in which one is at the center, and be free ...[text shortened]... at Perfection
    Dilgo Kyhentse Rinpoche
    Source: http://nondualite.free.fr/c_dilgokyhentse.htm
    Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

(John 17:1-5 NKJV)
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    08 Jan '13 01:341 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You ha ...[text shortened]... r with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

(John 17:1-5 NKJV)
    This text from your sacred scriptures, this religion, this Jesus as Son of God in glory, and you, are also this Universe, and as such all may speak to you as the Universal Guru (Teacher, Guide).

One may construct a mandala full of rich symbols that would be of deep and helpful significance to you and other Christian worshippers. Some have done so. It simply requires some creativity of the spirit, an openness and an avoidance of being tied to limited mental concepts. Such holy art is not unknown in Christian history. If one approaches such holy art in a literal frame of mind, only a little will be received.

But if one has an open heart and simply receives, the angel messengers (usually only with wings in mandala descriptions) enter your life and tell you what is needful.

Unfortunately, by focusing on trying to convert me to only see your vision RJH, you are being distracted from the messages of the angels that are within you and for you. It is best to look within as you contemplate your own mandala.

Do you have any favorite Christian art that touches you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree