1. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 10:52
    Some years ago Michael Talbot in his book "Holographic Universe" gave this science -respecting informed layman a personal "paradigm shift" in conception, initiating an exploration of Eastern philosophies. I know others confronted with similar facts have caused shifts into similar fields, as well as exploring the role of consciousness in experiencing the structure of reality. These others include respected scientists.

This extract from "The Universe as a Hologram" by Michael Talbot.
    The link to the full article/chapter (?) may be found here:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/secret_projects/project421.htm

"An impressive body of evidence suggests that the brain uses holographic principles to perform its operations. Pribram's theory, in fact, has gained increasing support among neurophysiologists. Argentinian-Italian researcher Hugo Zucarelli recently extended the holographic model into the world of acoustic phenomena. Puzzled by the fact that humans can locate the source of sounds without moving their heads, even if they only possess hearing in one ear, Zucarelli discovered that holographic principles can explain this ability. Zucarelli has also developed the technology of holophonic sound, a recording technique able to reproduce acoustic situations with an almost uncanny realism.

Pribram's belief that our brains mathematically construct "hard" reality by relying on input from a frequency domain has also received a good deal of experimental support. It has been found that each of our senses is sensitive to a much broader range of frequencies than was previously suspected. Researchers have discovered, for instance, that our visual systems are sensitive to sound frequencies, that our sense of smell is in part dependent on what are now called "osmic frequencies", and that even the cells in our bodies are sensitive to a broad range of frequencies. Such findings suggest that it is only in the holographic domain of consciousness that such frequencies are sorted out and divided up into conventional perceptions.

But the most mind-boggling aspect of Pribram's holographic model of the brain is what happens when it is put together with Bohm's theory. For if the concreteness of the world is but a secondary reality and what is "there" is actually a holographic blur of frequencies, and if the brain is also a hologram and only selects some of the frequencies out of this blur and mathematically transforms them into sensory perceptions, what becomes of objective reality? Put quite simply, it ceases to exist. As the religions of the East have long upheld, the material world is Maya, an illusion, and although we may think we are physical beings moving through a physical world, this too is an illusion. We are really "receivers" floating through a kaleidoscopic sea of frequency, and what we extract from this sea and transmogrify into physical reality is but one channel from many extracted out of the superhologram.

This striking new picture of reality, the synthesis of Bohm and Pribram's views, has come to be called the holographic paradigm, and although many scientists have greeted it with skepticism, it has galvanized others. A small but growing group of researchers believe it may be the most accurate model of reality science has arrived at thus far. More than that, some believe it may solve some mysteries that have never before been explainable by science and even establish the paranormal as a part of nature."
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    30 Nov '10 18:37
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Some years ago Michael Talbot in his book "Holographic Universe" gave this science -respecting informed layman a personal "paradigm shift" in conception, initiating an exploration of Eastern philosophies. I know others confronted with similar facts have caused shifts into similar fields, as well as exploring the role of consciousness in experiencing the struc ...[text shortened]... lainable by science and even establish the paranormal as a part of nature."
    I was reading something about this the other day, but alas I don't appear to have bookmarked it (as usual). I like the way it leads to an explanation for 'spooky' action-at-a-distance quantum entanglement.
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 00:02
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I was reading something about this the other day, but alas I don't appear to have bookmarked it (as usual). I like the way it leads to an explanation for 'spooky' action-at-a-distance quantum entanglement.
    The book is good to have, if you find a copy. Its small and in popular style, which is good when trying to get the gist of the whole picture and somewhat technical science.
    The spooky action at a distance has now been proved a number of times. Nearly all of Einstein's proposed objections to the quantum findings have been undermined now. As weird as it is, it's a fact.

For others who are unaware of what it is, here is a simple explanation:

Two spin correlated sub atomic particles, if separated by whatever distance, respond to each other immediately and synchronistically if either's spin is changed. It apparently would happen if both were on opposite sides of the universe! Thus time and space is shown to be in some way conditional and another dimension transcendent to our time and space world implied. It was unfortunate Bohm died too soon, he was developing an impressive theory about it. He left some good analogies though.

It has obvious implications not only for science but also for philosophies of the nature of existence. I posted in both forums.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 00:351 edit
    Also this on the nature of the eye from the book "Nothing in this book is true, it is just how things are" by Bob Frissell: "Drunvalo predicts that scientists will discover , in any electro-magnetic field, that the electrical aspect is the length of the first vesica piscis, an these are in porportion to each other. They rotate by 90degrees as they spiral out just like the vesica piscis. Logirithmic spirals also move along electromagnetic spirals of energy. The light field itself and the eye that recieves it are int hte same geometric pattern because the reciever has to tune to that which it is recieving. Our whole bodies are tuned to sound, vibration, music, and light."

There are plent of basic illustrations that help in understanding these theories.
    I think the basic gist of that part of the book was that EVERYTHING has the same basic underlying geometric pattern (the vesica piscis) and hence a lot of the basic priciples/building blocks of our universe ,(and possibly all universes ?) ,can be explained by this relatively simple model of how things work. Especially electromagnetic fields which could possibly be a power scource in the future?
  5. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 05:41
    Bunch of mystical, superstitious dribble!

Taoman:
    But the most mind-boggling aspect of Pribram's holographic model of the brain is what happens when it is put together with Bohm's theory. For if the concreteness of the world is but a secondary reality and what is "there" is actually a holographic blur of frequencies, and if the brain is also a hologram and only selects some of the frequencies out of this blur and mathematically transforms them into sensory perceptions, what becomes of objective reality? Put quite simply, it ceases to exist. As the religions of the East have long upheld, the material world is Maya, an illusion, and although we may think we are physical beings moving through a physical world, this too is an illusion. We are really "receivers" floating through a kaleidoscopic sea of frequency, and what we extract from this sea and transmogrify into physical reality is but one channel from many extracted out of the superhologram.

"Something there is, prior to heaven and earth,
    Without form, without sound, all alone by itself.
    It has the power to control all the changing things;
    Yet it changes not in the course of the four seasons."
    -Bodhisattva Shan-hui

"Old Pan Kou knows nothing about time
    and nothing about space has well.
    His life is self-natured and self-sufficient.
    He needs to ask for nothing outside of his own being.
    The genesis of the world is the exercise of his mind.
    When his mind starts to think, the world starts to move.
    The world has never been made by any special desing.
    Neither has an end ever been put to it."
    -The Song of Pan Kou

karoly aczel:
    I think the basic gist of that part of the book was that EVERYTHING has the same basic underlying geometric pattern (the vesica piscis) and hence a lot of the basic priciples/building blocks of our universe ,(and possibly all universes ?) ,can be explained by this relatively simple model of how things work. Especially electromagnetic fields which could possibly be a power scource in the future?

"The mind is an organ of thought and objects are set against it:
    The two are like marks on the surface of the mirror;
    When the dirt is removed, the light begins to shine.
    Both mind and objects being forgotten, Ultimate Nature
    reveals itself true."
    -Yung-chia Hsüan-chüeh

Cheers, MrTao, I think I found my next book to pick up.
  6. Joined
    24 Nov '10
    Moves
    02 Dec '10 13:03
    Hello,

The Holographic Universe was indeed a great book to explore on newer theories and blending between ancient mystery knowledge and current scientific understanding of today. It does a good job trying to reconcile the two, science and spirit. Gives various accounts from past and present. Doesn't it even have a chapter on a stigmata case that was scientifically studied?

Regards,
    Z
  7. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 10:43
    Originally posted by zonabi
    Hello,

The Holographic Universe was indeed a great book to explore on newer theories and blending between ancient mystery knowledge and current scientific understanding of today. It does a good job trying to reconcile the two, science and spirit. Gives various accounts from past and present. Doesn't it even have a chapter on a stigmata case that was scientifically studied?

Regards,
    Z
    Yes, it looks at various phenomena all over and the picture that is built up is quite forceful. I don't necessarily agree with every possible connection it makes and the author himself later modified some claims because he assumed too much, but it still is a great book for an overall picture and is helpful in putting technical science stuff into popular form.

Glad you have read it Z. I lent my copy and now I am having trouble getting another.
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  8. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 10:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Also this on the nature of the eye from the book "Nothing in this book is true, it is just how things are" by Bob Frissell: "Drunvalo predicts that scientists will discover , in any electro-magnetic field, that the electrical aspect is the length of the first vesica piscis, an these are in porportion to each other. They rotate by 90degrees as they spir ...[text shortened]... rk. Especially electromagnetic fields which could possibly be a power scource in the future?
    You'd really enjoy Michael Schneider's "A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe"

Google it and you'll see why.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 00:38
    Originally posted by Taoman
    You'd really enjoy Michael Schneider's "A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe"

Google it and you'll see why.
    Yes the intersecting of two circles makes a vesica piscis. The underlying geometric structure to everything.
  10. Joined
    29 Oct '10
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 03:45
    Yes the intersecting of two circles makes a vesica piscis. The underlying geometric structure to everything.
    Move in our game! ๐Ÿ™‚

I can tell your online...
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 04:02
    Originally posted by rcklein
    Move in our game! ๐Ÿ™‚

I can tell your online...
    Hey- become a subscriber if its not fast enogh for you...๐Ÿ™‚
  12. Joined
    29 Oct '10
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 04:04
    Hey- become a subscriber if its not fast enogh for you...๐Ÿ™‚
    lol im poor! you could buy me a membership!!!

pls. its so boring on here when no one else is around!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 04:06
    lol im poor! you could buy me a membership!!!

pls. its so boring on here when no one else is around!
    I'll buy you a memebership if you join my clan๐Ÿ™‚ (and kick some a$$)
  14. Joined
    29 Oct '10
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 04:06
    I'll buy you a memebership if you join my clan๐Ÿ™‚ (and kick some a$$)
    really?

yeah you got a deal!!!
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 04:23
    really?

yeah you got a deal!!!
    I'll send you a msg on tuesday๐Ÿ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree