1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    20 May '05 05:56
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Can you explain to us why you believe THE WORD OF GOD?

This is a question that is often asked but seldom answered. Are you ready to answer it?
    Yes,I do believe in THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD,stands true. When you take a serious look at the problems of man,you'll find find that man has no workable solutions. THE WORD OF GOD, has all the solutions. True there are many that refuse to accept that fact, but man has never came up with any workable solutions. I knew there was a GOD before I began to read THE WORD OF GOD. Therefore it was easier for me to accept and understand.
    In my studies I came to understand that man was in a state of Blessing in the garden of eden. And when he sinned he fell to a state, of separation fro GOD that he could not and has not recovered from. I realized in my own life that I am a sinner, born a sinner, and have lived a life of sin. I deserve to be put in that place called hell when I died.
    I found out in THE WORD OF GOD, that there is a way to avoid going to hell. And that way is JESUS CHRIST. I came to believe that all that man could do with his life, regardless of how good or evil that man was, man is destined to go to hell.
    By reading THE WORD OF GOD, by the study of the teachings of JESUS CHRIST, and believing them, there was hope for me and all men. I came to know that when Lucifer sinned and then man, that GOD could have put man in hell from the moment of his sin. But GOD wanted all of creation to know the depth of his love. HE wanted all creation to know how much love and grace that he has for mankind.
    I found that by reading THE WORD OF GOD, all that GOD says comes true. All that has been predicted in THE WORD, has come to pass.
    Most importantly, THE WORD, let me as well as all mankind know that the Salvation that is freely given, by CHRIST is not hard to believe or follow.I believe THE WORD OF GOD, because it clearly prdicted how GOD, would send HIS son. HIS SON JESUS, came to this earth as a man. HE lived a life without sin. HE was accused, indicted, arrested, tried, convicted, sentenced, and excecuted on the cross. HE died and was buried, and came back to life on the third day. HE Walked the earth and now sits on the throne of GOD. Until GOD takes care of all HIS enemies.
    Yes I believe in THE WORD OF GOD, I found the WORD to be true. I found that to believe and have faith in it, is the only way man can get to Heaven. Yes man can not get into heaven without believing in THE WORD OF GOD.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 May '05 07:21
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Yes,I do believe in THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD,stands true. When you take a serious look at the problems of man,you'll find find that man has no workable solutions. THE WORD OF GOD, has all the solutions. True there are many that refuse to accept that fact, but man has never came up with any workable solutions. I knew there was a GOD before I be ...[text shortened]... way man can get to Heaven. Yes man can not get into heaven without believing in THE WORD OF GOD.
    😴😴
  3. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    20 May '05 07:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    😴😴
    The truly sad thing is that in this context, I agree with you.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 May '05 07:49
    Originally posted by orfeo
    The truly sad thing is that in this context, I agree with you.
    To be clear, I respect people of faith but not someone who simply spews out the same thing over and over again. BF101 is a mindless parrot; he has shown himself to be utterly incapable of independent thought and reasoning. His preaching and prosleytizing with liberal doses of "you're all going to Hell I know because I know THE WORD OF GOD" is tedious in the extreme. I understand that he is quite young and I hope at some point he can actually learn to read and study something besides fundamentalist "cheat sheets" on what the Bible says; it pretty clear he doesn't read the Bible itself in any type of independent manner. I think it's pretty sad that a young person can think he has ALL the answers and that there is nothing to learn from anybody else; his arrogance and self-righteousness is extreme. Do some growing up BF101; you don't have to abandon your faith but you should stop being such a dick about it.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 May '05 09:51
    To be clear, I respect people of faith but not someone who simply spews out the same thing over and over again. BF101 is a mindless parrot; he has shown himself to be utterly incapable of independent thought and reasoning. His preaching and prosleytizing with liberal doses of "you're all going to Hell I know because I know THE WORD OF GOD" i ...[text shortened]... up BF101; you don't have to abandon your faith but you should stop being such a dick about it.
    'Tis a pity these kids get sold such a crock.
    BTW Moses' baby boat ride it very similar to the story of Sargon's baby boat ride. Since nearly all of Genesis up until moses was taken from Chaldean stories: It's a good bet that the origins of Moses was also.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/2300sargon1.html

here's another site that compares bible stories to archeology, I don't know how much of is correct though

http://www.hantayo.org/BIBLE.html
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 May '05 11:52
    Yes,I do believe in THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD,stands true. When you take a serious look at the problems of man,you'll find find that man has no workable solutions. THE WORD OF GOD, has all the solutions. True there are many that refuse to accept that fact, but man has never came up with any workable solutions. I knew there was a GOD before I be ...[text shortened]... way man can get to Heaven. Yes man can not get into heaven without believing in THE WORD OF GOD.
    it seems like to me that 'blind faith' is actually quite a good description for you. i assume you feel the same way because you chose that username for yourself. but my impression was always that blind faith is not a good thing since it implies, er, well, that you 'blindly' follow without questioning or digging deeper in an attempt to find the real truth behind things. is this the way you interpret 'blind faith'?

my question is really just one of incredulity: how can you read the bible and blindly accept all of it as the literal truth and not feel inclined to ask skeptical questions about whether it is really literally true or not? at best, i think that 'blind faith' is naive.
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 May '05 15:12
    I fail to detect a 'because' in response to the 'why.'

You've offered no reasons for your belief, only descriptions of it.

Nemesio
  8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    20 May '05 16:41
    To be clear, I respect people of faith ....
    😉 heh heh.
  9. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    20 May '05 17:031 edit

Yes,I do believe in THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD OF GOD,stands true...

In my studies I came to understand ...

Yes I believe in THE WORD OF GOD, I found the WORD to be true...
    I think your 'why' you believe the Word of God might be answered:

* before I believed, there appeared to be no purpose for man.
    * I studied the Bible to see what it's answers were.
    * The answers made sense.
    * I realized that I am a sinner, as the Bible describes a sinner.
    * I understood that I could be saved by believing in Christ.
    * And I realized the I do believe the Bible, and in Christ.

That's not far from how I came to believe in the Bible. And I think that faith (belief in Christ and the Word) is itself a free gift from God.

Now I spend more time looking at the challenges to the authority of the Bible. And one by one, I find the challenges have no real meaningful basis. Sometimes my faith feels weak - but I know that feelings are not facts. So I keep digging, going where my faith is challenged and coming out all the more strengthened in faith.

In the end though, I don't think I can logically prove the Bible is God's inspired and inerrant revelation. I can support it by evidence, and there is much evidence. But the belief itself is a gift. The ultimate and final determination of why I believe the Bible is God's Word is because God has given me the belief. I did not save myself.

10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 May '05 17:15
    Originally posted by Coletti
    I think your 'why' you believe the Word of God might be answered:

* before I believed, there appeared to be no purpose for man.
    * I studied the Bible to see what it's answers were.
    * The answers made sense.
    * I realized that I am a sinner, as the Bible describes a sinner.
    * I understood that I could be saved by believing in Christ.
    * And I realize ...[text shortened]... eve the Bible is God's Word is because God has given me the belief. I did not save myself.

More like some slicker got the ear of a kid with a bad case of leaving the nest syndrone.
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:07
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I fail to detect a 'because' in response to the 'why.'

You've offered no reasons for your belief, only descriptions of it.

Nemesio
    OK, lets try this, Why do you not believe in the THE WORD OF GOD?
  12. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:13
    OK, lets try this, Why do you not believe in the THE WORD OF GOD?
    You should rather ask yourself why you do believe in the word of God. Divest yourself of all answers that you learned via doctrine or blindly accepted or simply "believed" because this is what you were told by "authorities".

What remains, however slim, is your actual understanding.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:15
    To be clear, I respect people of faith but not someone who simply spews out the same thing over and over again. BF101 is a mindless parrot; he has shown himself to be utterly incapable of independent thought and reasoning. His preaching and prosleytizing with liberal doses of "you're all going to Hell I know because I know THE WORD OF GOD" i ...[text shortened]... up BF101; you don't have to abandon your faith but you should stop being such a dick about it.
    Do you believe in GOD? Have you acceptted the Savation of CHRIST? Are you Saved? Do you realize that you are going to Hell,if you donot accept the Salvation of JESUS CHRIST?
  14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:18
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    You should rather ask yourself why you do believe in the word of God. Divest yourself of all answers that you learned via doctrine or blindly accepted or simply "believed" because this is what you were told by "authorities".

What remains, however slim, is your actual understanding.
    Simply put: THE WORD OF GOD is Truth.And noone has ever proven that it is not.
  15. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 May '05 02:19
    Do you believe in GOD? Have you acceptted the Savation of CHRIST? Are you Saved? Do you realize that you are going to Hell,if you donot accept the Salvation of JESUS CHRIST?
    You realize that this is precisely the same mentality that emboldened a group of young Islamic radicals to fly passenger jets into the WTC towers on Sept 11th?

It's called fanaticism motivated by threats or spurious promises. It's been possibly the most insidiously sinister kind of psychological programming known to history.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree