1. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 01:38
    It's 8:40 pm and I just got a phone call from my sister & brother-in-law. They were concerned because they couldn't get hold of our mother - she didn't answer the phone all day. So they went over there and found her dead in her bed. Apparently she passed away in her sleep early Monday morning.

I think God was kind to her because over the last few years her health had degenerated terribly. She had 3 heart attacks, a bladder infection and a couple weeks ago they discovered cancer. They were only able to remove the biggest cancerous cyst, the size of a baseball, and had scheduled her for radiation treatments for the remaining cancerous cysts.

They said she needed a heart bypass but was too weak to survive the operation. So, like I said, God was kind to her to let her pass quietly as she slept.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 01:50
    Originally posted by arrakis
    It's 8:40 pm and I just got a phone call from my sister & brother-in-law. They were concerned because they couldn't get hold of our mother - she didn't answer the phone all day. So they went over there and found her dead in her bed. Apparently she passed away in her sleep early Monday morning.

I think God was kind to her because over the last few yea ...[text shortened]... urvive the operation. So, like I said, God was kind to her to let her pass quietly as she slept.
    My condolences.
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 02:11

I think God was kind to her because over the last few yea ...[text shortened]... urvive the operation. So, like I said, God was kind to her to let her pass quietly as she slept.
    I am truly sorry.
  4. Colorado
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 02:20
    I echo those thoughts. I'm sure she has peace now.
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 02:35

Do you think that, at the end, your mother was satisfied that her life was well lived?
  6. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 02:39

Sorry for your loss.
  7. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 02:53
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Do you think that, at the end, your mother was satisfied that her life was well lived?
    I really don't know, bbarr. We had a falling out and didn't even speak for over a year. When I realized her poor health I made the effort to reestablish some kind of connection with her. I'm glad I did cause my whole reason behind doing it was that I didn't want her to die knowing that I hated her.

Yeah, she was a monster. But I forgave her in her last days so that there would be peace.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 03:05
    I really don't know, bbarr. We had a falling out and didn't even speak for over a year. When I realized her poor health I made the effort to reestablish some kind of connection with her. I'm glad I did cause my whole reason behind doing it was that I didn't want her to die knowing that I hated her.

Yeah, she was a monster. But I forgave her in her last days so that there would be peace.
    I am sorry for your.
    What you just stated is how many of find our way home.
  9. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 04:03

You'll never regret that decision.

My condolences to you as well.
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 04:38

It sounds like your mother had a rough time of life. It does you credit that you attempted to connect with her at the end. I'm sorry that your relationship with her was defective, and that you won't have a chance to really remedy it. I'm sorry that she died without having lived particularly well.

Take care.
  11. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 06:28
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    You'll never regret that decision.

My condolences to you as well.
    Thanks... and I wish to thank all of you who sent their condolences to me.
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 06:49
    Was also very sad to read about your loss, but appreciated your thought that she had passed peacefully and without the suffering that had been promised her.
  13. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 13:00
    My condolences.
  14. London
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 13:07

I am sorry for your loss. I will keep your mother in my prayers.
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 14:061 edit
    My condolences, Arrakis. It is a good thing you contacted your mother and forgave her. It'll make things easier, or less difficult, to continue to live your life the way you think is right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree