1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 19:12
    To the theists amongst you, do you find it difficult to stifle a chuckle at the deluded fools who aren't lucky enough that they were born into or found with the help of their peers, the correct variant of your own particular faith?
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 19:14
    Originally posted by Agerg
    To the theists amongst you, do you find it difficult to stifle a chuckle at the deluded fools who aren't lucky enough that they were born into or found with the help of their peers, the correct variant of your own particular faith?
    I do. But a billion people share my faith, so I think it'll be OK.
  3. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 23:43
    Originally posted by scherzo
    A billion people used to think the world was flat and that the sun orbited the Earth - there is no end to the drivel that people will believe.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 23:51
    Originally posted by clearlight
    A billion people used to think the world was flat and that the sun orbited the Earth - there is no end to the drivel that people will believe.
    If you don't believe in the prophethood of Mohammed and the glory of God, that's your problem.
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 23:54
    Originally posted by clearlight
    Some still think the sun orbits the earth.
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 23:54
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Some still think the sun orbits the earth.
    Ba hahaha that's hilarious!!
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 01:45
    Stupid question, but I'll try answering it intelligently. No, we don't laugh at people who have the misfortune of never experiencing Christ, and they are not deluded fools either. They will have a chance to choose God or satan at the appropriate time in the next life if they never get the chance in this one.
  8. Break-twitching
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 01:47
    Numbers mean nothing to God. He can save billions of people if they are receptive to Jesus Christ and confess that He is Lord!!!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 02:15
    How about yourself? Do you laugh at the deluded theists?

I would say that to laugh at perceived misguided folk is somwhat natural.....that is unless you love them or care about them. Then its not so funny.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 06:38
    What will be OK?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Stupid question, but I'll try answering it intelligently. No, we don't laugh at people who have the misfortune of never experiencing Christ, and they are not deluded fools either. They will have a chance to choose God or satan at the appropriate time in the next life if they never get the chance in this one.
    You failed to answer this question intelligently with not only your opening two words but the fact that you missed the point.
    I assume then that you find the Islamic concept of 72 virgins in paradise totally reasonable, in just the same way Muslims would find your concept of your god sending itself to itself to be sacrificied is also reasonable, and whatever else you hold to be true. (talking snakes anyone?)

How about if I believed in the glorious sun-god Zefu who is most offended when people praise the evil snow-god Mashrek by making 'snowmen'. Suppose I believe Mashrek's disliking of our actions is manifest by his failure to stop Zefu from raining snow down upon us and making us cold, and a host of other things?

Lemme guess, if you seriously thought I took such things seriously you wouldn't think it was silly???
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 12:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    How about yourself? Do you laugh at the deluded theists?

I would say that to laugh at perceived misguided folk is somwhat natural.....that is unless you love them or care about them. Then its not so funny.
    I don't laugh *at* them, I have a laugh about their belief sets.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 13:03
    So all those Christians going around desperately trying to spread the word in case someone missed it are really wasting their time? We will all know about it after we die anyway.
    Do you think that any sane person given all the facts would choose Satan?
  14. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Apr '09 14:18
    Numbers mean nothing to God. He can save billions of people if they are receptive to Jesus Christ and confess that He is Lord!!!
    The Lord is God swt, and Mohammed is His final prophet.
  15. Break-twitching
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 04:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So all those Christians going around desperately trying to spread the word in case someone missed it are really wasting their time? We will all know about it after we die anyway.
    Do you think that any sane person given all the facts would choose Satan?
    Come on, tw, I know you are smarter that that. Choosing Christ in this life isn't just for preparing for Heaven but also to live this current life to its fullest potential. God has a plan for everyone, but if we are not connected to Him in this life, we will never know our true potential in this life.

BTW, yes, I do think most sane people will choose Satan because the Bible states that narrow is the road to everlasting life and few are those who diligently seek and find it; however, wide is the road to hell and everlasting suffering and many are those who seek it. Most of mankind chooses satan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree