1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Aug '21 16:29
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

You were probably showing off that you knew something about him.
    Maybe you didn't quote. But the comment was a positive one.

I think you tend to show off to some here that you know a thing or two about Christianity quoting scriptures like a fundamentalist. So I would not be suprised if you somewhere thought it would be fun to speak well of Tozar's writings.

I remember. If you don't, I still do.
    Why did you state I recommended him? In what way did I recommend him?

I'll accept a hazy recollection.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '21 19:581 edit
    I think I should remember to spell the man's name write - A.W. Tozer. He was a good brother

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US714G0&p=A+W+Tozer

And like many servants of God at one time or another had strong words towards those of the household of faith. Plenty . . . plenty of Christian speakers have amongst their other words, have given a frank unflattering word about the organizations which make up Christiandom.

Witness Lee was not the first. He will not be the last.
    Christian servants will sometimes take us behold the woodshed for a frank warning.

Long before I read a word from Witness Lee I was started by a book by evangelical teacher John warwick Montgomery called "Damned Through the Church". "Wow, is that a frank word scolding mainstream Christianity!" I thought. Can you imagine that? A Christian teacher writing not about people being SAVED through the Christian church but being DAMNED through her !

I thought similar when I read J. B. Phillips book "Your God is Too Small" scolding many in mainstream denominations.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '21 20:00
    Paul Washer is speaking frank words at times to Christian churches.
    And Franky Schaeffer, son of Religious Right architect and philosopher Dr. Francis Schaeffer says things that could make mainstream Christian's ears tingle.

My point is that it not hard to isolate some words by Christians who CARE enough to offer a frank and candid word to those of the household of faith about certain organizational structures. And some who don't care so much also may speak warning rebukes.

Jesus Himself said about His own church.
    1.) She left her first love (the church in Ephesus - Rev. 2:4)
    2.) She was involved in the deep things of Satan (as they say). (the church in Thyatira - Rev. 2:24)
    3.) He was on the OUTSIDE of the church knocking to get on the INSIDE. (the church in Laodicea - Rev.3:20)
    4.) He said the church in Sardis had a name of being living but was dead (Rev. 3:1)
    5.) He said He wished a church was either hot or cold, but since they were only lukewarm He would spit them out of His mouth. (Rev. 3:15)
    6.) Jesus scolded the church in Pergamos saying that they lived where Satan's throne was. (Rev.2:13)

Jesus said those whom He LOVED He rebuked.

In each and every instance mentioned above there was correspondingly a call for some to OVERCOME the surrounding degradation and problems and rise to normality.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '21 20:001 edit
    Now enter brother Witness Lee. Like the Lord Jesus and other servants OF the Lord Jesus Lee at times cared enough for Christians to give a strong word of frankness. Ghost of a Duke has seized upon an instance with senationalism and scandalization. He loves to bring it up again and again to embarress those who have profitted from Lee's ministry.

At times the rebuke of Christ is indication of His LOVE for those who are His.

"As many as I love I reprove and discipine; be zealous therefore and repent." (Rev. 3:18)

Lee has been as frank to those local churches who have directly or indirectly received benefit from his ministry. And we are thankful for the words of frankness and faithfulness. Many times beleivers are rescued by faithful words which expose the real situation.

I have written things like this before. This is repetition which now.

Besides, the Holy Spirit prophesied that in the last days there would be an apostasy and many would fall away from the faith. I beleive these are the last days. They are certainly more "last days" then when Paul wrote that.
    So that in these last days strong warnings and rebukes might come about the influence of Satan on some Christian organizations is no shock to many of us.

The little scandelous horse that Ghost of a Duke is riding is that Witness Lee said these things to injure, insult and hurt people for hurting people's sake. But may of us know he said them out of a heart of shepherding and care for fellow believers to tell them frankly of the dangers which are lurking to ensare them from enjoying Christ.

Like some other Christian teachers - out of the thousands of words written and spoken one can sometimes find some not flattering - strong medicine. That is medicine meant for administering healing for real ailments among God's flock.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Aug '21 20:28
    @sonship said
    Now enter brother Witness Lee. Like the Lord Jesus and other servants OF the Lord
    Witness Lee is a zillion miles from Jesus. To speak of them in the same sentence is literally demented.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Aug '21 20:30
    @sonship said
    Ghost of a Duke has seized upon an instance with senationalism and scandalization. He loves to bring it up again and again to embarress those who have profitted from Lee's ministry.
    You mean where he said Christians were in an organization of Satan? Is that the sensationalism of which you speak?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '21 23:082 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Name a faithful and successful servant of God, one who you would compare as being a true servant of to God's people.

You can't because ALL servants of God to you are false.
    You have no yardstick with which to measure crooked against straight.

And you holding a spiritual or ethical candle to Witness Lee?
    Probably not going to happen in this life.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Aug '21 06:381 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Name a faithful and successful servant of God, one who you would compare as being a true servant of to God's people.

You can't because ALL servants of God to you are false.
    You have no yardstick with which to measure crooked against straight.

And you holding a spiritual or ethical candle to Witness Lee?
    Probably not going to happen in this life.
    Witness Lee is a charlatan who you have willingly followed down a dark alley. That is entirely on you.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Aug '21 13:287 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Lee consecrated himself totally to serve God in his early 20s.
    If God came to you, you clearly told Him "No."
    For God's kingdom Brother Lee accomplished more with his absoluteness than you have.
    And you haven't even gotten started yet.

So go spend the few rest of your empty years to serve up your couple of dubious contributions to pop atheism.

Who to you is a true, faithful, truthful servant of Jesus Christ? To you - Nobody.
    Find one and I'll show you someone who has been called evil names by people like you, who have wasted their lives being faithful to nothing but their own atheist skin.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Aug '21 15:13
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Lee consecrated himself totally to serve God in his early 20s.
    If God came to you, you clearly told Him "No."
    For God's kingdom Brother Lee accomplished more with his absoluteness than you have.
    And you haven't even gotten started yet.

So go spend the few rest of your empty years to serve up your couple of dubious contribution ...[text shortened]... y people like you, who have wasted their lives being faithful to nothing but their own atheist skin.
    I sense much spite and bitterness in you. I rejoice in being free of such a faith that clearly taints your character.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree