1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 22:38
    Does God have requirements to be a citizen of his Kingdom that is spoken of thru the entire Bible?
    If so what are they?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 23:06
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Does God have requirements to be a citizen of his Kingdom that is spoken of thru the entire Bible?
    If so what are they?
    John 3:16, Romans 10:9,10
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 23:15
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    John 3:16, Romans 10:9,10
    Thanks. But is that all?

I don't know what country you live but does your country just require that you believe in it and acknowledge that it's there or is there more?
    Remember we are speaking of a real Kingdom with a leader and subjects. Being a subject of a government or kingdom could have many requirements, would it not?
    So are there any other requirements by this kingdom that we have to know and do in order to be one of it's citizens?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 00:03
    If so what are they?
    Of course we all know the requirements by now. We are not stupid. All citizens of Gods kingdom must belong to God's organization - the Watchtower Bible Society.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 00:07
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Of course we all know the requirements by now. We are not stupid. All citizens of Gods kingdom must belong to God's organization - the Watchtower Bible Society.
    OMG. See this is the problem and it is not needed. Why can't any of you guys have a normal biblical conversation instead of always poisoning it? Is it really just impossible?

Thanks for nothing as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 00:091 edit
    I'll try again....... I know many here claim Christianity to be their religion and a follower of Jesus who is the appointed King of this kingdom that will rule the heavens and the earth, so I'm just asking this because of the requirements if there are any, to be a subject of the Kingdom?
    So hopefully all christians here know these requirements that the Bible describes.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 02:02
    Here is some info on this citizenship of God's Kingdon....

How do Kingdom citizens show that they love God’s standards?

THE apostle Paul encouraged the congregation in Philippi to “behave in a manner worthy of the good news.” (Read Philippians 1:27.) The Greek expression that Paul used for the word “behave” may also be rendered “carry on as citizens.” That phrase had special significance for the congregation in Philippi. Why? Because it seems that Philippi was one of a select group of cities where the inhabitants had been granted a form of Roman citizenship. Roman citizens in Philippi and throughout the Roman Empire were proud of their status and enjoyed special protection under Roman law.

Members of the congregation in Philippi had greater reason for being proud. Paul reminded them that as anointed Christians their citizenship existed “in the heavens.” (Phil. 3:20) They were citizens, not of a mere human empire, but of God’s Kingdom. As such, they enjoyed unparalleled protection and benefits.—Eph. 2:19-22.

Paul’s admonition to “carry on as citizens” applies principally to those who will rule with Christ in heaven. (Phil. 3:20) But by extension, it can be applied to those who will be the earthly subjects of God’s Kingdom. Why? Because all dedicated Christians serve the same King, Jehovah, and must live up to the same standards. (Eph. 4:4-6) Today, people work hard to qualify to become citizens of a prosperous country. How much more should we value the opportunity to be Kingdom citizens!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 03:345 edits
    THE apostle Paul encouraged the congregation in Philippi to “behave in a manner worthy of the good news.” (Read Philippians 1:27.) The Greek expression that Paul used for the word “behave” may also be rendered “carry on as citizens.” That phrase had special significance for the congregation in Philippi. Why? Because it seems that Philippi was one of a select group of cities where the inhabitants had been granted a form of Roman citizenship. Roman citizens in Philippi and throughout the Roman Empire were proud of their status and enjoyed special protection under Roman law.

The church in Philippi was just another local church like any other of the local churches that Paul ministered to.

They may have been more firmly established judging from how things were in good order as to leadership and serving. Other than that I see no reason for you making anything special about the church in Philippi.

Members of the congregation in Philippi had greater reason for being proud. Paul reminded them that as anointed Christians their citizenship existed “in the heavens.” (Phil. 3:20) They were citizens, not of a mere human empire, but of God’s Kingdom. As such, they enjoyed unparalleled protection and benefits.—Eph. 2:19-22.

There was nothing going on in the church there that was not going on in any of the other churches.

"For our commonwealth exists in the heavens, from which also we eagerly await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ" (3:20) was true of the church in Corinth or Thessalonika as well.

It is true every Christian today in any locality on earth in spite of any problems one might point out.

The transfiguration of the body is a hope placed before the Christians in Philippi as well as the Christians in Corinth - Compare Phil. 3:20,21 and First Corinthians 15:51-53.

What Paul is speaking to Philippi is in no way not the common hope extended to every other congregation in the New Testament. Why are you trying to make some place special of the church in Philippi ?

Paul’s admonition to “carry on as citizens” applies principally to those who will rule with Christ in heaven. (Phil. 3:20) But by extension, it can be applied to those who will be the earthly subjects of God’s Kingdom.

The letter to Ephesus speaks of fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God in a most universal and common way.

"In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit." (Eph. 2:22)

The words "you also" mean that what all the other churches were experiencing in the building up of God's habitation the recipients of the Ephesian letter ALSO were co-partakers of the same experience.

And "you also" is at the end of a list of matters Paul says apply to the recipients of the Ephesian epistle, including "you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" (v.19)

The terms "fellow citizens" and "citizenship" are so closely related that I think you're making an artificial issue.

Why? Because all dedicated Christians serve the same King, Jehovah, and must live up to the same standards. (Eph. 4:4-6) Today, people work hard to qualify to become citizens of a prosperous country. How much more should we value the opportunity to be Kingdom citizens!

The King is Jesus Christ and in His return He has a name "King of kings"

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sits on it called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. ...And He has on His garment and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." (Revelation 19:11,16, Recovery Version)

Towards the Body the church Christ is the Head.
    Towards the kingdom of the heavens Christ is the King.

By the way Matthew's term "kingdom of the heavens" does not mean the kingdom which is only in heaven. It means the kingdom, the SOURCE of which is in heaven.

When Jesus told Pilate that His kingdom was not of this world (John 18:36) He meant that the source of His kingdom was not of this world but is sourced in heaven.

Jesus returns and wages war against Antichrist as the " Lord of lords and King of kings " .

"These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings ..." (Rev. 17:14a)

Since Jesus Christ is Jehovah God incarnate as the Son He is the divine King.

Compare:

" ... keep the commandment spotless ... until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which in its own times the blessed and only Sovereign will show, the King of those who reign as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords,

Who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen nor can see, to whom be honor and eternal might. Amen." (1 Tim 6:14-16)

" ... the Lamb will overcome them, for He [the Lamb] is Lord of lords and King of kings ..." (Rev. 17:14)
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 03:59
    Thanks. But is that all?

I don't know what country you live but does your country just require that you believe in it and acknowledge that it's there or is there more?
    Remember we are speaking of a real Kingdom with a leader and subjects. Being a subject of a government or kingdom could have many requirements, would it not?
    So are there any other ...[text shortened]... requirements by this kingdom that we have to know and do in order to be one of it's citizens?
    The King requires all citizens to give blood for blood transfusions.

The Instructor
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 10:52
    If so what are they?
    Acts 2:43-47
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 11:053 edits
    The first requirement of participating in the kingdom of God is to have the life of God within you.

To be in the plant kingdom you must have a plant life.
    To be in the animal kingdom you must have the animal life.
    And to be in the human kingdom you must have the human life.

The first requirement (not only requirement) is to be born of God, born from above, born anew, born again.

"Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless one is born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" (v.5)

God's kingdom participants must have the life of God.
    The life OF the divine King must be dispensed into our being.

(I do not count nations reigned over in the millennium who will not be regenerated).

Anticipated response:

What I expect to happen now is that someone will object and try to make my post mean that I'm saying that being born again is the ONLY requirement. But I said it is the FIRST requirement. Watch. Its probably coming.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 13:05
    REQUIREMENTS FOR CITIZENSHIP

Learn the language. Some human governments require that those applying for citizenship speak the dominant language of the country. Even after being granted citizenship, people may strive for years to master the new language. They may quickly learn the rules of grammar but may take some time to learn to pronounce the words correctly. Similarly, God’s Kingdom requires that its citizens learn what the Bible calls the “pure language.” (Read Zephaniah 3:9.) What is that language? It is the truth about God and about his purposes as found in the Bible. We “speak” the pure language when our conduct is in accord with God’s laws and principles. Citizens of God’s Kingdom may learn basic Bible teachings quickly and get baptized. Even after their baptism, however, they must strive to “speak” the pure language better and better. In what way? Each of us needs to close the gap between what we know about Bible principles and what we practice.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 14:34
    There is no question that a Christian should be sanctified and conformed from all hypocrisy so that our living is consistent with our bible comprehension.

But I have a problem seeing what Zephaniah 3:9 is the best place to learn that rather than many other places in the New Testament.

Zephaniah 3:9 says "For then I will change [the language] of the peoples into a pure language that they may all call upon the name of Jehovah, to serve Him with one accord."

When is "THEN" in the phrase "For then" ?

The time of this prophecy seems to be following the battle of Armageddon by examining the immediate previous verses. Seen in context:

"Therefore wait on Me, declares Jehovah, For the day when I rise up to the prey.

For My decision is to assemble the nations, to gather kingdoms together, that I may pour out upon them My wrath,

All My burning anger; For in the fire of My jealousy all the earth will be devoured.

FOR THEN I will change [the language] of the peoples into a pure language that they may all call upon the name of Jehovah, to serve Him with one accord." (vs. 8 - 9 my emphasis )

The gathering of kingdoms and nations together that God may pour out His wrath takes place at the battle of Armegeddon. It appears that after that time pertains to the changing of the languages of the mankind to a pure language. That is those remaining on the earth after that battle of Armegeddon.

None of this suggest Christians should not practice what they preach. But this puts the prophecy of Zephaniah 3:8,9, I think, into proper perspective.

If someone wants to "borrow" the passage to encourage lovers of Christ to call on His name or be pure in heart to serve God, I see nothing wrong with using the passage by way of application for that purpose.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 15:04
    Study history.

A person desiring to become a citizen of a human government might have to learn something about that government’s history. Likewise, those desiring to be Kingdom citizens do well to learn all they can about God’s Kingdom. Consider the example set by the sons of Korah, who served in ancient Israel. They took great delight in Jerusalem and its place of worship and in recounting the city’s history. It was not the stones and mortar that impressed them most but what the city and that place of worship represented. Jerusalem was “the town of the grand King,” Jehovah, for it was the center of pure worship. It was there that Jehovah’s Law was taught. It was to the people ruled by the King of Jerusalem that Jehovah expressed his loving-kindness. (Read Psalm 48:1, 2, 9, 12, 13.) Like them, do you have a desire to study and recount the history of the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization? The more you learn about God’s organization and how Jehovah supports his people, the more real God’s Kingdom will be to you. Your p. 13desire to preach the good news of the Kingdom will naturally intensify.—Jer. 9:24; Luke 4:43.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 15:24
    Study history.

A person desiring to become a citizen of a human government might have to learn something about that government’s history. Likewise, those desiring to be Kingdom citizens do well to learn all they can about God’s Kingdom. Consider the example set by the sons of Korah, who served in ancient Israel. They took great delight in Jerusalem a ...[text shortened]... 13desire to preach the good news of the Kingdom will naturally intensify.—Jer. 9:24; Luke 4:43.
    Is Jesus Christ your King ?
    Do you acknowledge Jesus as "King of kings and Lord of lords"?

A Yes or No will suffice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree