1. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 14:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    ...One can [b]do nothing to earn salvation.
    One can do nothing to maintain salvation.
    One can do nothing to lose salvation....[/b]
    I believe what Christ said, and he said no such thing.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 05:482 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i was in a large block of flats and i wanted to speak to as many people as possible for i had a limited amount of time before i had to go home. Mr Farooq and his wife were about the third couple that i spoke with, had i accepted their very kind offer, i would have not spoke to anyone else before i had to go home.

it was in the red road flats, you ...[text shortened]... sent there. Its not a very nice area, but its not the worst either.

www.redroadflats.org.uk/
    Says in 1962 tallest in Western Europe. RC have you been to the North West of the U.S.? You have to Check out Mt. Rainer if you ever do. Oh and of course St. Helen's or What's left of it !!

Sounds like 70's were a bad time for these Red Road flats.
    How about the High wire guy? Did you go see that?

Manny
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 11:14
    Originally posted by menace71
    Says in 1962 tallest in Western Europe. RC have you been to the North West of the U.S.? You have to Check out Mt. Rainer if you ever do. Oh and of course St. Helen's or What's left of it !!

Sounds like 70's were a bad time for these Red Road flats.
    How about the High wire guy? Did you go see that?

Manny
    how refreshing to exchange some pleasantries. There are one or two places that i would like to visit, but they are all in the south, New Orleans and the Mississippi Delta. You see ever since i read Huckleberry Finn (three times now) i wanted to go on a Mississippi steamer.

America is surely a wonderful place and most of the Americans that i have met i have really liked. Its just the nationalism and the militaristic attitude that turns me off. The government is not to be trusted, same here of course. We just want to see our children grow up to be healthy and happy, like everyone else on the entire planet i guess.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 05:07
    how refreshing to exchange some pleasantries. There are one or two places that i would like to visit, but they are all in the south, New Orleans and the Mississippi Delta. You see ever since i read Huckleberry Finn (three times now) i wanted to go on a Mississippi steamer.

America is surely a wonderful place and most of the Americans that i hav ...[text shortened]... e our children grow up to be healthy and happy, like everyone else on the entire planet i guess.
    I got you. Americans are proud just as the Scots! I love this country but God is the Higher Power always. 🙂 Sacramento has a delta also not as famous as the Mississippi but fun. There is a Steamer in Old town Sacramento that you can ride on down the river into the delta. I think it's called the "Delta King" as a matter of fact if I remember correctly it came from the Mississippi first. It has the restaurant and all on it. The North West also has a lot of beauty too. The Puget sound and the San Juan islands are very beautiful. Big Foot maybe?? LOL I think so 🙂

Manny
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 20:40
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Your're breaking my heart.

[b] "What would it profit a man if he should gain the whole world and lose his own soul?"

Okay, let's consider. FAME ? Who can right now remember who got best actor of the year in 1956 ?

Without looking it up only the most astute movie buff could answer in 10 seconds. People forget you fame. The generation passe ...[text shortened]... [/b]

We need Christ to make it all right with God, with man, and with ourselves.[/b]
    Nothing is permanent; everything fades. Someday Christianity and Jesus will be forgotten too.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 14:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Whats the point of faith if you dont have love and charity? Your so-called faith is null and void. Consider the following verses:

[quote]1Cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and [b]have not love/charity, I am nothing.

1Cor 1 ...[text shortened]... (the kind professed with your mouth) = Nothing
    Love and Charity trumps faith everytime. [/b]
    At the moment of salvation, an infant. Maturing believers gradually exhibit the fruit

of the Spirit and the Mind of Christ. Plan's exquisitely simple and all about growth.

7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 14:07
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Nothing is permanent; everything fades. Someday Christianity and Jesus will be forgotten too.
    SG, I've just got to respect your honest doubt. Why? Suggests an individual, you

or anyone else, is unsatisfied with the vacuum and still searching for the truth.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 15:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    At the moment of salvation, an infant. Maturing believers gradually exhibit the fruit

of the Spirit and the Mind of Christ. Plan's exquisitely simple and all about growth.

Hey GB .. mind if I rephrase ?

At the moment of Baptism, an infant. Maturing believers gradually exhibit the fruit of the Spirit and the Mind of Christ. Plan's exquisitely simple and all about growth and failure to grow means you are a bad seed
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 19:17
    The government is not to be trusted, same here of course. We just want to see our children grow up to be healthy and happy, like everyone else on the entire planet i guess.[/b]
    You right winged fanatic you!!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 19:181 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Only if it is all a ruse. 😉

If it is not all a ruse, then it is the ONLY thing that is everlasting

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree