1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 May '18 06:56
    Originally posted by @sonship
    For whatever reason imperfections exist -

In clearing the world of these imperfections, would you like God to start with you or with someone else?
    Perhaps with innocent children suffering with terminal diseases or villages wiped out by 'random acts of God.'
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 07:39
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Perhaps with innocent children suffering with terminal diseases or villages wiped out by 'random acts of God.'
    Sin affects more than the guilty, Heartpence. That’s just one reason it’s so bad.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 May '18 09:45
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    When two wills are disparate, what do you consider to be the expected outcome?
    Earthquakes apparently, and diseases.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 May '18 10:03
    Earthquakes apparently, and diseases.
    Wasn't too many steps, I trust?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 May '18 10:185 edits
    You mean what appear to YOU as "random acts" ?

Since you don't have God's transcendent view over all eternity you don't know what the outcome of things will be.

Let me be clear. I do not know all either.
    Like you some things look chaotic and random, tragically so at times.

But I listen to Jesus when He tells us that even the hairs on our head a numbered (Luke 12:7; Matt. 10:30). I listen to Jesus when He says that not even a sparrow falls to the ground and the Father does not know it (Matt. 10:29).

What appears as chaotic or random events to us may just be our limited perception of it.

Three hundred years ago the human cell appeared as a little random piece of clear jello. We know now incredible design microscopically fills the cell.

I question the appearance of random acts because of God's infinite engineering knowledge. We have His promise that if we love Him He is able to engineer literally ALL THINGS for the accomplishment of good. We don't know how. But we are urged to know He is able.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:28)

You have a better way to live, in cynicism, perhaps discarding God? Sneering at God? You go ahead live that.

Some of us are going to live in this faith with trust and thanksgiving to God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree