1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 07:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am humbled by your words.
    You are humbled because he called you a liar - how does that work then, are you saying you are a liar and are humbled by being caught out?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 07:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    flip sake, he makes my stint as the poet laureate and second world war submarine commander
    look insignificant.
    πŸ˜‰ LOL

Manny
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 10:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are humbled because he called you a liar - how does that work then, are you saying you are a liar and are humbled by being caught out?
    I thought he said, "You ae the most blissful man I know of." 😏
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 17:36
    I thought he said, "You ae the most blissful man I know of." 😏
    What years were you at the Pentagon? I was there also, just a few months but I saw a lot of the place for sure! The parking situation sucks....
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 18:454 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What years were you at the Pentagon? I was there also, just a few months but I saw a lot of the place for sure! The parking situation sucks....
    Well, there are many people working there and most drive their own cars,
    so you have to walk a long way sometimes to the building. However, I
    was young and fit in those days and it really didn't bother me. My memory
    is not as good as it once was and it has been a long time so I will have to
    check my records.

I was assigned to the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from July 1968 to
    February 1972. I then left for a special assignment to NATO headquarters,
    SHAPE, Belgium. I returned to the Pentagon to serve with the Defense
    Intelligence Agency from August 1975 to May 1979.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 19:18
    Well, there are many people working there and most drive their own cars,
    so you have to walk a long way sometimes to the building. However, I
    was young and fit in those days and it really didn't bother me. My memory
    is not as good as it once was and it has been a long time so I will have to
    check my records.

I was assigned to the Office of the Joint ...[text shortened]... ed to the Pentagon to serve with the Defense
    Intelligence Agency from August 1975 to May 1979.
    So, we were there at the same time, I may have run into you and didn't even know it! Not that I had an awesome job, you remember the in house phones, those black ugly ones? That was what I worked on. Took me into a lot of hush hush offices for sure. That was when I was with RCA, had just left the submarine base on Andros, Autec. You may have heard of that base? RCA lost the contract for maintenance and we all had to leave. I ended up for a while fixing and rewiring those dictaphones in the offices. The RCA office was in a room just opposite the pentagon procurement offices, you may have had dealings with them, but the problem was, we had big glass windows and THEY had big glass windows so they could see right in our offices! My boss said, here are your daily assignments, go fix those phones, hook up whatever, and frigging dissapear, no matter how much time you have left after your assignments are done. Don't come back here till around 4:30 or so. So we would finish up at say, 2 PM, I found one buddy who played chessπŸ™‚ and we did that on the steps around the mallπŸ™‚

Saw some awesome things there for sure. Went right into General Westmorelan's office to fix a phone there. Another office I was assigned to had nobody home and when we walked in, I was totally shocked, I saw a filing cabinet wide open, drawers hanging wide open, labeled "North Vietnamese prisoners". I couldn't believe sensitive data like that was just hanging out in the open. That was my first day. A few minutes later, a full bird comes out of an office, says 'Who are you?'. I didn't have a badge or anything for a couple of days, the only thing I had was one of those DOD bus tickets, you know the ones that liter the bus area on the ground? I saw one and just picked it up for no reason, that was the only thing I had in the way of ID. So I showed him the bus ticket. He goes, OK, walks back inside his office. I was more than a bit shocked at that lack of security. A frigging DOD bus pass for god's sake!
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 19:45
    So, we were there at the same time, I may have run into you and didn't even know it! Not that I had an awesome job, you remember the in house phones, those black ugly ones? That was what I worked on. Took me into a lot of hush hush offices for sure. That was when I was with RCA, had just left the submarine base on Andros, Autec. You may have heard of that b ...[text shortened]... e than a bit shocked at that lack of security. A frigging DOD bus pass for god's sake!
    Where I worked was in the offices with the guard station that checked
    everyones badge before you could get in the area and then you needed
    to punch in combination lock code to get into the office. Everyone had to
    have Top Secret Clearances. To get into DIA one had to also be cleared
    for Special Intelligence.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 21:56
    Where I worked was in the offices with the guard station that checked
    everyones badge before you could get in the area and then you needed
    to punch in combination lock code to get into the office. Everyone had to
    have Top Secret Clearances. To get into DIA one had to also be cleared
    for Special Intelligence.
    I only had secret att, I worked on B-47's in the mid sixties in the USAF. Got out in '66. That was what bugged me about being in an office that sported a full bird and an open filing cabinet. Where was the security then?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 22:04
    I only had secret att, I worked on B-47's in the mid sixties in the USAF. Got out in '66. That was what bugged me about being in an office that sported a full bird and an open filing cabinet. Where was the security then?
    Yes, there were a lot of places that did not have much security. I am not sure what office you are talking about, but it was very relaxed in certain areas. I
    can't remember everything well, now, however.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 22:391 edit
    Yes, there were a lot of places that did not have much security. I am not sure what office you are talking about, but it was very relaxed in certain areas. I
    can't remember everything well, now, however.
    You must remember the mall? You remember those strap on trash cans wrapped around those giant support columns inside? like 3 feet in diameter maybe. Anyway, one time, I saw a creepy looking dude, a street bum! pulling out stuff from the trash cans, yelling obscenities and looking really wild, going between trash cans, nobody was paying him any mind. I was aghast, just about as aghast as when I went into a full bird's office and he let me go after viewing the DOD bus ticket when I had no official ID other than my drivers license.
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '12 00:27
    Originally posted by Agerg
    He's not an idiot and I can prove it!

This RJHinds feller is a 2250+ chess player (proven by others here to have superiority of play over world masters present and before him), is well educated in the sciences (especially physics):

I have studied Physics and know the laws of thermodynamics probably better than anyone on this website
    http:// ...[text shortened]... s arse awesome his c.v. really is!! [to be added later]

What a guy....what a frickin' guy!
    I once pooped a brick which became a unicorn which farted rainbows and sunshine. I'm totally more awesome.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Feb '12 03:38
    Originally posted by amolv06
    I once pooped a brick which became a unicorn which farted rainbows and sunshine. I'm totally more awesome.
    Ah, jeez, I only got up to the rainbows. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '12 08:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    With or without Christ you are detestable.

What amuses me the most though is that you have no idea how idiotic you are nor how transparent your lies.

They say ignorance is bliss. You are the most blissful man I know of.
    ignorance and/or stupidity doesn't make one detestable. so let's keep it civil, shall we?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree