1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 02:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8127699.stm

[i]The creator of a bestselling comic designed to show the world the tolerant and peaceful face of Islam has written an open letter to his young sons explaining how the project grew out of 9/11.

In the letter, written for the BBC News website, Kuwaiti psychologist Dr Naif al Mutawa, says his superhero ...[text shortened]... like your standard pseudo-scientific comic book falderal. But from a Muslim point of view.
    I read his article and this looks interesting. I have it bookmarked for later. Thanks!
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 05:25
    Originally posted by daniel58
    1. Everyone
    2. Yeah He will
    3. Then how can I go on them?
    4. The 3rd Person of The Blessed Trinity
    5. Neither are proof
    6. What?
    7. the belief that any violence, including war, is unjustifiable under any circumstances, and that all disputes should be settled by peaceful means.
    • the refusal to participate in war or military service because of such a belief
    8. But God isn't all things.
    All things are God
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 19:46
    But God is not all things.
  4. Joined
    19 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 05:432 edits
    wow, this thread sure went downhill fast.

anyway, thanks rwingett for introducing an interesting concept, that of a highly popular Muslim based comic in which the superheros reclaim Islam from extremist who have hijacked it trying to impose their ideology on all others.

Edit: rather ironic isn't it? - that it took what, about 2 posts for the thread the be hijacked? lolz
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 06:03
    Karoly aczel: All things are God.

Daniel58: But God is not all things.

Between these two statements is the truth. On the one hand, Daniel’s statement depends upon the question of whether or not what some call “God” is exhaustively expressive—i.e., is there any “part” of the ground-of-being that is not expressed in/as the figures/manifestations. On the other hand, the figures/manifestations are mutable and transient: they collapse back into the ground, but new ones take their place. The generation (“creation” ) seems dynamic and ongoing; and in that sense, at least, Daniel’s riposte seems accurate as well.

Between these two statements can be avoided a monism that denies the reality (albeit mutable and transient) of the figures/forms, and a pantheism that speaks of separable parts that can be summed. Between these two statements lies the non-dualism that avoids both shoals.

“The Holy One manifests in myriad forms.
    I sing the glory of the forms.”
    —Kabir

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree