1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 12:14
    People have a duty to strive to be good in order to preserve [or promote] the health of the society in which they live.

Agree or disagree?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 12:15
    @FMF
    Agree
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 12:18
    @fmf said
    People have a duty to strive to be good in order to preserve [or promote] the health of the society in which they live.

Agree or disagree?
    Agree
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 12:25
    @fmf said

Agree or disagree?
    Wrong. That is called works salvation, and people who do that are trying to earn their way to heaven. They will stand before God and say, here is my good works but all people are filthy sinners and anyone who tries to do good will be cast into hell.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 12:27
    Presumably, the primary obligation to strive comes from our conscience ~ which seems to hardwire us to be social creatures inclined toward cooperation.

What would be a morally sound way to deal with those who do not feel they have any duty to strive to be good for the common interest?
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 13:561 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Wrong. That is called works salvation, and people who do that are trying to earn their way to heaven. They will stand before God and say, here is my good works but all people are filthy sinners and anyone who tries to do good will be cast into hell.
    It's nothing to do with god, heaven and religion Rajk. It's about healthy society.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 14:06
    @avalanchethecat said
    It's nothing to do with god, heaven and religion Rajk. It's about healthy society.
    I do believe he was satirizing some sort of OSAS-adjacent Grace-only complacency.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 14:09
    @fmf said
    I do believe he was satirizing some sort of OSAS-adjacent Grace-only complacency.
    Oh right, I'll get my coat.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 14:58
    @FMF
    I reckon you should strive to serve the One Spirit as well as you can.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree