1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 13:32
    Originally posted by @eladar
    According to the Bible, can slave owners in the modern world be a child of God?
    Have you heard of John Newton the guy who wrote amazing Grace?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 13:56
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    You do know during the slave time in the US they also did kidnap little white European kids. There were also black slave owners too. But I say without Jesus Christ everyone's a racist until they become born again.
    But I say without Jesus Christ everyone's a racist until they become born again.

This is nonsense. There are many non-Christians who are not racist. What's more, many of the most racist people in the US are right wing Christians.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 14:02
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    You made a statement, I asked a question. I am just trying to understand what you were meaning by your comment. If you want to make something larger out of this go ahead, but it truly is nothing more than that.

On second thought, nevermind.
    You made a statement, I asked a question. I am just trying to understand what you were meaning by your comment.

If that's all there were to it, you wouldn't have framed your question as a "personal question about what [rajk999 would] do or would not do". It IS a "low ploy used in discussions to steer the discussion away from the main point toward a specific poster. "

Why do you pretend otherwise?
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 14:35
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]You made a statement, I asked a question. I am just trying to understand what you were meaning by your comment.

If that's all there were to it, you wouldn't have framed your question as a "personal question about what [rajk999 would] do or would not do". It IS a "low ploy used in discussions to steer the discussion away from the main point toward a specific poster. "

Why do you pretend otherwise?[/b]
    Please don't presume to tell me how I should ask a question and what I mean by it. I asked what I did and for the reason stated, clarification, nothing else.

If you want to read into something, that is your prerogative.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 15:03
    Please don't presume to tell me how I should ask a question and what I mean by it. I asked what I did and for the reason stated, clarification, nothing else.

The topic is a general one and can be discussed by intelligent people who can maintain the general nature of the topic. You however choose to specifically make it personal. The reason you do that is because you dont qualify to participate in these discussions.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 15:151 edit

Yet when all is said and done:
    "If that's all there were to it, you wouldn't have framed your question as a 'personal question about what [rajk999 would] do or would not do'."

Yet when all is said and done, you are well on your way to having a long history of "criticiz[ing], ostraciz[ing], belittle[ing] and insult[ing] [rajk999] time and time and time again."

All one need do is look at your responses to rajk999's posts to confirm this.

This is just a part of the larger pattern.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:04
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Have you heard of John Newton the guy who wrote amazing Grace?
    Yes.
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:05
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The topic is a general one and can be discussed by intelligent people who can maintain the general nature of the topic. You however choose to specifically make it personal. The reason you do that is because you dont qualify to participate in these discussions.
    Well, I didn't know you hold the gauge as to who qualifies and who doesn't, what a shame.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:30
    Colossians 4New International Version (NIV)

4 Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:34
    Well, I didn't know you hold the gauge as to who qualifies and who doesn't, what a shame.
    The shame is the one who lacks the ability to discuss these things without resorting to personal questions and remarks. Clearly you dont qualify.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:36
    According to the Bible, can slave owners in the modern world be a child of God?
    According to Jesus, slave owners are not children of God - in the modern world or otherwise.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:37
    According to Jesus, slave owners are not children of God - in the modern world or otherwise.
    Do you discount Colossions 4?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:40
    Do you discount Colossions 4?
    What part of "According to Jesus, slave owners are not children of God - in the modern world or otherwise" did you not understand?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:50
    What part of "According to Jesus, slave owners are not children of God - in the modern world or otherwise" did you not understand?
    The quote from Jesus as opposed to Jesus according to you.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:54
    The quote from Jesus as opposed to Jesus according to you.
    The following quote is Jesus:
    Matthew 7
    12“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

What you quoted is not Jesus.

It's really simple.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree