1. Forgotten
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 18:54
    i heard that the reason we celebrate the sabbath on sunday is due to the roman catholic church.i heard that from seventh day adventist doctrine.i know for a fact the jewish sabbath is from sundown friday night till sundown saturday night or that the way i undestood it.
    so if people are doing the sabbath on the wrong day then why not go back to what the original day was????
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:01
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    i heard that the reason we celebrate the sabbath on sunday is due to the roman catholic church.i heard that from seventh day adventist doctrine.i know for a fact the jewish sabbath is from sundown friday night till sundown saturday night or that the way i undestood it.
    so if people are doing the sabbath on the wrong day then why not go back to what the original day was????
    Christians don't celebrate the sabbath; they celebrate the Lord's Day, the day of the Resurrection. Sadly, many of them are confused on this point.

Those who are confused must presume that all Jews lost a day sometime ago. Most don't consider their presumptions.
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:04
    I think the original Christians were also Jewish, so they celabrated the Sabbath, and then Celebrated Jesus on a day when they could get together and walk about.
  4. Forgotten
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:05
    then how do they keep the commandment ????
    remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.
    do they remminise about god kicking it back on the 7th day???
  5. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:15
    What ya do is pick a day and call it a day of rest. It needs to be once a week. And it needs to be agreed upon with other believers. It could have been a Tuesday or a Friday, and it could be we missed a few days since the command was given - what with changes to calenders and leap years and such. So it really does not matter if it's Saturday or Sunday or whatever. As long as it's a once-a-week day of rest for Christians to come together to worship God.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Nov '05 19:21
    Read Leviticus and tell me how many laws are still recognized by Xtians.

Then read the New Testament where it says the veil in the Holy of Holies ripped when Jesus died.

Then explain the realationship between these two.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree