1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 09:25
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    This is an online version of the religious knowledge test. There are 15 multiple choice questions. Once you finish you can compare your results with the general population and see the results of those who took the original version.

http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge/?q=1

I scored 14 out of 15 and am told that I am ranked in the ...[text shortened]... writings of St Thomas Aquinas caused the reformation, rather than Martin Luther. But I digress.
    13/15

Not too shabby.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    13/15

Not too shabby.
    You answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly for a score of 93%.

7. In which religion are Vishnu and Shiva central figures? Taoism Hinduism

This was a guess I got wrong.
    Kelly
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 21:15
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Try this test:

1) At Genesis 1:26 who was God talking to?

2) How many creative days were there?

3) What was Noah's wifes name?

4) Which son of Noah was cursed?

5) How was Jesus baptized?

6) According to Luke 22:14-20 what did Jesus command us to do?

7) How often?

8) At Luke 11:2 who's name is to be sanctified?

9) Is the word "R ...[text shortened]... f at this time?

15) What is the Lake of Fire that Satan will be thrown into at Rev 20:10?
    Only 1 brave soul has stepped up to the plate on this huh? Give em a try...
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 22:051 edit
    I don't trust the answers you will give. For a number of these questions, the JWs have their own dogmatic opinion which others Christians would disavow. The question about whether the gift of tongues is still available is unsettled in Christendom and obviously the JWs have their own unique understanding of what the lake of fire is, obviously disavowing that it is in fact hell.
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 23:20
    I love number 3.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 23:241 edit
    I don't trust the answers you will give. For a number of these questions, the JWs have their own dogmatic opinion which others Christians would disavow. The question about whether the gift of tongues is still available is unsettled in Christendom and obviously the JWs have their own unique understanding of what the lake of fire is, obviously disavowing that it is in fact hell.
    Well you never know unless you give it a try unless you really don't know the answers like the gift of tongues..
  7. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 23:37
    This is an online version of the religious knowledge test. There are 15 multiple choice questions. Once you finish you can compare your results with the general population and see the results of those who took the original version.

I scored 14 out of 15 and am told that I am ranked in the ...[text shortened]... writings of St Thomas Aquinas caused the reformation, rather than Martin Luther. But I digress.
    Which one did you get wrong? The one I got wrong was about teachers in the US leading a class in prayer. I knew the constitution forbade mixing of church and state but imagined that those wily evangelists would have got round it on a technicality by now. Apparently, as with ID, they haven't.

I agree with your point as you made it on the other thread, unless there is some insight into the life lived, such knowledge can be superficial.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 03:58
    [b]Try this test:

1) At Genesis 1:26 who was God talking to? The Bible does not say. We can reasonably assume that the angels were there however.

3) What was Noah's wifes name? The Bible does not state her name. (Jewish tradition does however)

4) Which son of Noah was cursed? Canaan

5) How was Jesus bapt ...[text shortened]... Fire that Satan will be thrown into at Rev 20:10? The Lake of fire!! The Second death.

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 04:014 edits
    1) At Genesis 1:26 who was God talking to? The Bible does not say. We can reasonably assume that the angels were there however. Also when God says Us it is called a plural of majesty.

2) How many creative days were there? 6 on the 7th God rested!!(Come on man)

3) What was Noah's wifes name? The Bible does not state her name. (Jewish tradition does however)

4) Which son of Noah was cursed? Canaan

5) How was Jesus baptized? In water by John the baptist!

6) According to Luke 22:14-20 what did Jesus command us to do? The Lord's Supper

7) How often? Every Sabbath or anytime Christians come together.

8) At Luke 11:2 who's name is to be sanctified? The Father's

9) Is the word "Rapture" in the Bible? Nope

10) Was Jesus ever in Hell? Technically no.

11) What description did Lazarus give of heaven while he was dead before Jesus resurrected him? Describe it as Abraham's bosom.

12) What was the gift of speaking in tongues that some had in the early congregations? The actual tongues were the languages of the surrounding nations. Mainly Jews from other lands on pilgrimaged to Jerusalem.

13) Is it still a gift today? Sure if God so chooses to use it.

14) According to 1 John 5:19 who is the world under control of at this time? Satan

15) What is the Lake of Fire that Satan will be thrown into at Rev 20:10? The Lake of fire!! The Second death.

Manny
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 07:53
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Which one did you get wrong? The one I got wrong was about teachers in the US leading a class in prayer. I knew the constitution forbade mixing of church and state but imagined that those wily evangelists would have got round it on a technicality by now. Apparently, as with ID, they haven't.

I agree with your point as you made it on the other thread, unless there is some insight into the life lived, such knowledge can be superficial.
    I didn't know what the Great Awakening was.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 09:27
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    13/15

Not too shabby.
    I got 12.

(Was expecting you to get at least 15 maybe more, in the light of your newfound JW doctrinal knowledge)
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 09:431 edit

I scored 14 out of 15 and am told that I am ranked in the writings of St Thomas Aquinas caused the reformation, rather than Martin Luther. But I digress.
    Wow! 15/15

I guessed Q.10 and Q.15 and only "knew" Job question because of the saying "the patience of Job" so maybe my real score is 12/15.

I think a bright 11 year-old in UK would score the same (I am a Primary School Teacher) as they learn all that stuff in RE.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 18:37
    Originally posted by menace71
    1) At Genesis 1:26 who was God talking to? The Bible does not say. We can reasonably assume that the angels were there however. Also when God says Us it is called a plural of majesty.

2) How many creative days were there? 6 on the 7th God rested!!(Come on man)

3) What was Noah's wifes name? The Bible does not state her name. (Jewish tradition does h ...[text shortened]... hat Satan will be thrown into at Rev 20:10? The Lake of fire!! The Second death.

Manny
    Actually you did pretty good Manny. Thanks. I'll post the answers later.
  14. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 18:47
    Being in the UK that test was very American focused, in part,which I had to guess at, and I could have swore Nirvana was also hinduism.

However I did get 9/15 not bad for a card carrying atheist
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 19:13
    Try this test:

1) At Genesis 1:26 who was God talking to?

3) What was Noah's wifes name?

4) Which son of Noah was cursed?

5) How was Jesus baptized?

6) According to Luke 22:14-20 what did Jesus command us to do?

7) How often?

8) At Luke 11:2 who's name is to be sanctified?

9) Is the word "R ...[text shortened]... f at this time?

15) What is the Lake of Fire that Satan will be thrown into at Rev 20:10?
    1) Jesus.

Colossians 1:15-17
    15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

2) 6 days. The 7th is a rest day.

3) Possibly Naamah but not positive. Mrs Noah would be fine..Lol.

4) Canaan.

5) By complete immersion.

6) To observe the evening meal.

7) All celebrations such as the Pass Over and memorials were done yearly. This no doubt was to be done the same as Jesus did not say differently.

8) God the Father or Jehovah.

9) No. Not a Bible teaching.

10) Yes. For the 3 days he was dead. Hell, Sheohl, Haides and the grave are all the same.

11) None. He never mentioned being there after Jesus resurrected him.

12) Speaking a foreign language so they could speak to ones of other languages to teach.

13) No.

New Amplified Bible:
    1 Corinthians 13:8
    8 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy ([a]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth].

14) Satan.

15) Simply eternal non existance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree