1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:08
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you mitigating child abuse to score religious points?
    logical fallacy and red herring extraordinaire.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:10
    Originally posted by OdBod
    What history books are you religious people reading?More people have been killed,maimed ,brutalised and oppressed in the name of a religion than any other cause.If you had not noticed all man made despots are eventually overcome because they are seen to be MANMADE unlike many religions who claim Divine Right and certain types of people continue to believe it.
    please educate yourself,

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:111 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You can just as easily say they were all motivated to establish a communist state and to crush all who opposed their world view. Why do you claim that atheism produced these killers and not communism?
    dont know why, hard to say.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    logical fallacy and red herring extraordinaire.
    really?? are you saying that stalins physical abuse at the hands of is father has no connection to the man he became?

would you say atheism is more or less likely than physical abuse to create a violent adult?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:16
    really?? are you saying that stalins physical abuse at the hands of is father has no connection to the man he became?

would you say atheism is more or less likely than physical abuse to create a violent adult?
    yes, I am sure many persons who have suffered abuse have not become mass murderers.

Its hard to say what might motivate an individual, it depends on a case by case basis.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:191 edit
    [b]"You can't blame parents for people's sins."

can you congratulate a parent when they produce a wonderful child?[/b]
    Nope you can thank their peers
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:27
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Here we go again,riots in Bangladesh ,speak against their religion you should die,atheist bloggers should die,less rights for women just throw acid at them! Give me humanism every time!
    Religion - A system of rites, rituals and ceremonies invented by man as an effort to please the gods.

Judaism - A religion of laws created by God to show man how to live. Laws impossible to keep by mere mortals.

We can't win by ourselves. There will always be killers and murderers killing for whatever invented reason they have under their religious system until they are all destroyed by the one and only righteous God.

Jesus is our only hope. He will restore all things to Himself. Until then we have to deal with it.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:31
    dont know why, hard to say.
    You don't know why you believe it was atheism and not communism which is responsible for the people's atrocities?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    Religion - A system of rites, rituals and ceremonies invented by man as an effort to please the gods.

Judaism - A religion of laws created by God to show man how to live. Laws impossible to keep by mere mortals.

We can't win by ourselves. There will always be killers and murderers killing for whatever invented reason they have under their religious sys ...[text shortened]... us is our only hope. He will restore all things to Himself. Until then we have to deal with it.
    hey joe, where you going with that gun in your hand?
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:33
    yes, I am sure many persons who have suffered abuse have not become mass murderers.

Its hard to say what might motivate an individual, it depends on a case by case basis.
    Its hard to say what might motivate an individual, it depends on a case by case basis

it is hard to say yet you seem to find it easy to blame stalins atheism for his actions, rather than his physical abuse.

did you know that the majority of western serial killers consider themselves to be christian? i wouldnt dream of suggesting christianity has caused them to be killers. it would stupid. as is blaming atheism for the actions of some mad men.

fun pub fact - atheist russian leader mikhail gorbachev won the nobel peace prize.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You don't know why you believe it was atheism and not communism which is responsible for the people's atrocities?
    no its just hard to say what might motivate an individual, although in truth i know why i said it, its ladle into the atheists day, i just wanted a piece 😵
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:342 edits
    [b]Its hard to say what might motivate an individual, it depends on a case by case basis

it is hard to say yet you seem to find it easy to blame stalins atheism for his actions, rather than his physical abuse.

did you know that the majority of western serial killers consider themselves to be christian? i wouldnt dream of suggesting christian ...[text shortened]... mad men.

fun pub fact - atheist russian leader mikhail gorbachev won the nobel peace prize.[/b]
    but its ladle into atheists day! 😵 cant we just blame you and be done with it?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:381 edit
    but its ladle into atheists day! 😵 cant we just blame you and be done with it?
    'ladle into' i dont know this phrase. does it mean the same as 'trolling'?

you can blame me, i freely admit my atheism makes me do evil things on an hourly basis.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:432 edits
    'ladle into' i dont know this phrase. does it mean the same as 'trolling'?

you can blame me, i freely admit my atheism makes me do evil things on an hourly basis.
    when you put a ladle into a pot of soup, you take a piece of it, 'ladle into', means just that, 'I want a piece of you!',

I suppose it could be likened to trolling, but please spare us the sordid details of your atheistic iniquities!
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    06 May '13 13:48
    As an agnostic humanist, I often get the impression that Christians feel so uncontrollably evil inside that the only thing keeping them from doing evil deeds is their fear of eternal suffering in Hell. I find this lack of true compassion and love very sad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree