1. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 13:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    avalanchethecat already summed up quite nicely the answer to your main question. ie we invest quite a lot into our beliefs and many of our life decisions would be rendered 'bad decisions' at best if our beliefs were proved wrong. So we become very protective of our beliefs.
    I took up the "I'm right, you're wrong" issue, because you will not fully get ava ...[text shortened]... not good for us - we get really defensive (and can be quite irrational in our defenses).
    I agree, I am looking for something other than my own thoughts. I dont think everyone found within this chat will ever all agree. If so...wow, if not just looking for other opinions, you know learning from angles.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 16:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No its not a separate issue, for he has directly attempted to draw a correlation between my acceptance of the Law as somehow being akin to my acceptance of slavery, please tell him that as i stated to Caissa at the outset, i have my own conscience in this regard. Indeed now that i am no longer under law, i would be pleased if you would explain what ...[text shortened]... If there is no basis, then why is he harping on about it? if there is a basis, then what is it?
    he has directly attempted to draw a correlation between my acceptance of the Law as somehow being akin to my acceptance of slavery

This is an OUTRIGHT LIE. For the most part, the rest of your post is a gross distortion based on YOUR LIE.

TW seems to have a reasonable understanding of the situation why don't you just accept it rather than resorting to lying?

This is what you do when your belief system is challenged. This is another example of how far removed you are from reality. Like I said, "You really should seek professional help."
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 16:32
    Originally posted by realeyez
    You really comment don't you, to each his own I guess. Have a great day.
    You mischaracterized my position. I wanted to clarify my position and thought you'd want to know, so that you won't continue to do so. Based on this response it seems that this is not the case. Perhaps you simply lack the moral character to want to treat others in an honest manner.
  4. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 18:56
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You mischaracterized my position. I wanted to clarify my position and thought you'd want to know, so that you won't continue to do so. Based on this response it seems that this is not the case. Perhaps you simply lack the moral character to want to treat others in an honest manner.
    Lack moral charater? wow and people call chirstians judgemental, thats funny. Well its your opinion think what you want of me. The world she keeps a turnin' regardless. God Bless

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree