1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 23:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The bible answers this for you. What does it say? Whatever it says is what we do.....

Acts 15:28, 29: “The holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and (((( from blood, and from things strangled))))) and from fornication

Do you see ...[text shortened]... this but yet he gave the word to Noah that man could now eat meat but only under certian rules.
    I don't agree with you at all. But the point is that if you choose to put yourself under one part of the law then you are subject to the whole of law.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 23:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't agree with you at all. But the point is that if you choose to put yourself under one part of the law then you are subject to the whole of law.
    Not what Jesus said or did is it? Jesus made it clear with comments and explinations on the laws which we are still under but now in general terms. If one loves their neighbor then that covars many laws at once.
    He and the apostles still commented on some that we are still under according to those originally written down in the OT. Such as abstaining from blood....
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 23:43
    What point do you disagree with?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 01:04
    Not what Jesus said or did is it? Jesus made it clear with comments and explinations on the laws which we are still under but now in general terms. If one loves their neighbor then that covars many laws at once.
    He and the apostles still commented on some that we are still under according to those originally written down in the OT. Such as abstaining from blood....
    That only refers to abstaining from drinking the blood sacrificed to pagan idols for that time, not blood transfusions to save lives during our time.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 01:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That only refers to abstaining from drinking the blood sacrificed to pagan idols for that time, not blood transfusions to save lives during our time.
    Right....If your doctor told you to abstain from alcohol you think it would be ok to inject it into your veins? Really?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 01:451 edit
    Right....If your doctor told you to abstain from alcohol you think it would be ok to inject it into your veins? Really?
    Alcohol is not mentioned here. This was about abstaining from pagan religious practices that included sacrifices of animals to idols and drinking their blood. They did not even know about blood transfusions at that time.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 04:05
    Alcohol is not mentioned here. This was about abstaining from pagan religious practices that included sacrifices of animals to idols and drinking their blood. They did not even know about blood transfusions at that time.
    I never said it was. I was obviously using the word abstain in a way you might undersand it's meaning which you obviously didn't get.
    The point in which you'll never get is the Bible, God's own word said to ABSTAIN from blood with no exceptions at all mentioned then or for the future.
    Even JEHOVAH'S son Jesus said this exact law which as usual you ignor.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 04:122 edits
    I never said it was. I was obviously using the word abstain in a way you might undersand it's meaning which you obviously didn't get.
    The point in which you'll never get is the Bible, God's own word said to ABSTAIN from blood with no exceptions at all mentioned then or for the future.
    Even JEHOVAH'S son Jesus said this exact law which as usual you ignor.
    Take another look at it. Isn't this a recommendation of the apostle Paul at the church council and not a direct command from God? I think we must take this in context just like Paul's recommendation concerning the women in a particular church or about marrying for men.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 07:25
    What point do you disagree with?
    Everything you say about your version of "Christianity".

I'm not joking either. I don't think there is one point of doctrine or core principle of Christianity I would agree with you on. It's not surprising though as the religion you follow is not Christianity.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 07:26
    Well said.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 16:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Everything you say about your version of "Christianity".

I'm not joking either. I don't think there is one point of doctrine or core principle of Christianity I would agree with you on. It's not surprising though as the religion you follow is not Christianity.
    I wouldn't expect you or RJH too.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 16:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Congrats, dive. Maybe I'll have a few tonight in your honor.
    How can you be so nice and be an American......beats me ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree