1. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 08:03
    During a bout of sever glandular fever i found myself severely ill for around three months.I found myself quite mentally ill...yes a lot worse than you see me in here.During a couple of weeks over the period i would go down to a spot to pray.I would pray repeatedly for rain...with a reason which i will not say.
    I eventually got back up on my feet and returned to work and even found myself in a better paying job.Went to a workdo one night and stuck up for a friend against a policeman who used excessive force.I flipped out for a little bit and then when i was walking into the police cells i got battoned and in that instance my life pretty much ended.I could not keep up with my job and have been on the sickness benefit only doing occassional part time work since 2001.
    For reasons above i ended up getting taken down into the gutter.My prayers for about 3 months were to let me just die.You know i would suffer more but it is for no purpose...just let me die.I became too scared to see the doctor and spent about a year on no income.Lucky for me my ex carried me through.She suffered a lot because of what happened and we were going to get married but she's about to move in with another man.My financial situation was in the gutter and when i got a letter from the council for my lawns being a fire hazzard i knew that was it.I lost hope.
    Then it happened....a flood.I looked out the back door and water was nearly going into two my cars and ended up mechanically disabeling the one that did go.I went over to a neighbour and he though i was stupid telling him...till i jumped off his verandah into knee deep water.Hell he goes and rushes out to his sleepout where his boarder was still asleep with about a foot of water in his room...papers floating around everywhere.lol.I was told by the fireman to go down to the firestation but there was no way i was leaving without my cat...so i rang up my ex and she picked us up and took us to a nearby town where she stayed.We couldn't even get back in town for a few days but what a rush.so cool!
    My finances didn't improve and found shortly afterwards my power got cut.No prob...as the creek nearby was loaded with wood so i spent a while cooking,heating the water,and warming the house as i had three fireplaces.It was so cool to be blessed like that when everyone else was moaning there heads off.Had no prob with the council since and since then they even started mowing the bit out the front.....feel a bit stink the flood cost them a few million...but oh well.
    Thank you Lord for giving me faith!
  2. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 09:10
    Originally posted by windmill
    During a bout of sever glandular fever i found myself severely ill for around three months.I found myself quite mentally ill...yes a lot worse than you see me in here.During a couple of weeks over the period i would go down to a spot to pray.I would pray repeatedly for rain...with a reason which i will not say. ...[text shortened]... em a few million...but oh well.
    God works in mysterious ways.....😉
  3. England
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 12:44
    i had that fever took me over 3 months to get back to work losing weight, now like you i am playing chess on this site
  4. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    03 Dec '05 14:15
    Originally posted by windmill
    During a bout of sever glandular fever i found myself severely ill for around three months.I found myself quite mentally ill...yes a lot worse than you see me in here.During a couple of weeks over the period i would go down to a spot to pray.I would pray repeatedly for rain...with a reason which i will not say. ...[text shortened]... em a few million...but oh well.
    So your God answered your prayers by sending a flood and ruining the lives of many other people. Are you special, or is your God simply a nasty piece of work?

Or could all this be explained by you trying to assign religious meaning to a natural event?
  5. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '05 09:56
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    So your God answered your prayers by sending a flood and ruining the lives of many other people. Are you special, or is your God simply a nasty piece of work?

Or could all this be explained by you trying to assign religious meaning to a natural event?
    Mabey God don't like naughty people like you.Yes i consider myself special but not special enough to own God??????Yes again it can be explained any way you wish as God did give you free will.
  6. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '05 10:01
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    God works in mysterious ways.....😉
    That He does.
  7. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '05 10:12
    Originally posted by stoker
    i had that fever took me over 3 months to get back to work losing weight, now like you i am playing chess on this site
    It's weird how some people can have it and it only affects them a little yet others can get affected so seriously.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree