1. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 17:001 edit
    From Jesus Christ himself.

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:10 KJV)

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21 KJV)

.. If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23 KJV)

Dont take anyone else's advice. Its simple .. Jesus said it over and over and over ... keep the commandments and you will abide in him.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 18:192 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    [i]If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:10 KJV)

The way the Son abode in the Father's love and kept His commandments was by allowing the Father to live in His living. His very words were the working and operating of the Father Who lived in Him as a man -

" Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you, I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works." (John 14:10)

The man Jesus allowed the living Father to live in His human living. And His very words spoken were the operating and working of the indwelling Father.

Jesus made a way for us to live in the same way. That is if we would "eat" Him. That is if we would take Him into us. Meaning not just once but daily. If we would eat Him we would also live because of Him as He lived because of the Father.

Right here:

" As the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

Did you EAT Jesus today readers ?
    Take Him in.
    Eat Him by surrendering to Him allowing Him to live in you more and more and more and more.

He who eats Jesus will live because of Jesus.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 22:401 edit
    The Christian must keep the commandments of Jesus, but NEVER attempting to do so without touching Jesus Himself.

Let's say that a husband reads the Bible that he should love his wife. He counts that as a commandment of Jesus in the New Testament -

" Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her." (Eph. 5:25)

Rather than grit his teeth and try to muster up the love commanded, he must turn to Christ within and pray something like this:

Lord Jesus. You Yourself are my love for my dear wife. Lord Jesus, come into my emotions and love my wife through me. Lord Jesus, You be the loving One.

If the Christian wife reads that she should be subject to her husband, she should not attempt to keep a commandment to do so apart from touching Christ Himself within. She will be victorious if she prays like this:

"Lord Jesus, I praise you the in this universe You alone are the submissive One. You Lord Jesus are the One subject to the Father. I cannot make it Lord, to be subject to any man, even my husband. Lord Jesus, You be the subject One within me. Lord Jesus, You be the One in me subject to this dear husband."

In this way of taking Christ as all that we need the practices of the fallen man are put to death by the Spirit of Christ. Something dies. Something is killed off.

In the husband, the self loving disregard for his wife will killed off.
    In the wife, the rebellious attitude will be terminated.
    The Christian will actually utilize the Holy Spirit to put to death the practices of the fallen body - the haughty eyes, the disrespectful tongue, the long face of disregard, the argumentative tone of voice, the taking for granted the wife's feelings, and all the "germs" of the fallen Adamic nature.

" For if you live according to the flesh, you must die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the practices of the body, you will live." (Rom. 8:13)

This is utilizing a wonderful yet mysterious Person to put to death the practices of Adam. This is the turning to the Person of the Lord Jesus as the "life giving Spirit" in order to terminate the fallen practices of the old man.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 22:44
    This requires faith. It requires faith that Christ can be all things that you need.
    This requires that one believe that she died with Christ and was raised with Christ.

"Knowing this, that our old man has been crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be annulled, that we may no longer serve sin as slaves." (Rom. 6:6)

Knowing this - means STANDING in faith upon this fact.
    Claiming this by turning to the Lord Jesus.

This is not being IGNORANT of this. Rather KNOWING this and claiming the full benefit of this while turning the heart to the Person of Jesus Christ.

"What then shall we say? Should we continue to sin that grace may abound?

Absolutely not! We who have died to sin, how shall we still live in it?

Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into His death, in order that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in the newness of life." (Rom. 6:1-5)

The Christian must realize that she has died and been raised to walk in newness in life in being one with Jesus Christ.

The Christian must realize the he has died, and is not ignorant that he has been raised to walk in newness of life in being one with Christ Jesus.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 04:28
    "As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

Think about this.

If we eat Jesus and live because of Jesus, that has to mean that after we take Him into us He is still LIVING.

It was not a DEAD Father by whom Jesus lived.
    Neither will it be a DEAD Jesus by whom the Christian will live.

The teaching reveals the taking IN of the living Jesus so that Jesus may live within.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name ..." (John 1:12)

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 04:405 edits
    In the chapter where Jesus said that if we EAT Him we will live because of Him, He means more than imitation. He did not say "He who imitates me" but "He who EATS Me." .

As we read on through the chapter He explains that a way to EAT Him is to take in His words. It is not a wafer of bread or even transubstantiation He means. He means to eat His WORDS which are spirit and life.

The same chapter down at verse 63

" It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life."

This Jesus explained to those who remained with Him. Many others simply could not take the teaching that they had to eat His flesh and drink His blood. They said "Who can hear this?"

"He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day.

For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink.

He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me and I in him." (vs.54-56)

I think this means that God is speaking that we have to fully except His incarnation. He has clothed Himself in flesh and blood. We have to completely take in the truth of His word that He is the Son of God, even God incarnated as a man.

When some said -

" ... This word is hard; who can hear it?" (v.60)

At last Jesus explains that His flesh is not what He means to eat but His word is spirit and life.

"It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh profits nothing, the words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life." (v.63)

We have to EAT Jesus Christ by EATING His living word.
    He has the words of eternal life.

"Simon Peter answerd Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life." (v.68)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree