1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:10
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I don't think the sort of person who can't tell that taking somebody else's stuff is wrong is the sort of person who you'll find is influenced by scripture.
    Want to rephrase? With the double negative at the beginning of that sentence it sounds like you're saying a person who is influenced by scripture can't tell that it's wrong to steal.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Some people do the good things written in the Bible without knowing about the Bible or of God. Mans conscience is guide enough. The knowledge of good and evil existed from the dawn of time.

For most people with an active conscience, when hearing of the teachings of Christ, they would say " I knew that already"
    "The knowledge of good and evil existed from the dawn of time."

No it didn't.

"For most people with an active conscience, when hearing of the teachings of Christ, they would say " I knew that already"".

But without Christ they are powerless to please God.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 22:56
    Originally posted by josephw
    Want to rephrase? With the double negative at the beginning of that sentence it sounds like you're saying a person who is influenced by scripture can't tell that it's wrong to steal.
    but you did understand what he wa s sayin' , right?

are we communicating or just pontificating here, dear joseph?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 22:58
    [b]"The knowledge of good and evil existed from the dawn of time."

No it didn't.

"For most people with an active conscience, when hearing of the teachings of Christ, they would say " I knew that already"".

But without Christ they are powerless to please God.[/b]
    I just don't believe anything is evil. not even hitler.
    It all comes from ignorance, search your feelings and you will find that this truism holds , and holds pretty damn well
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 00:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It all comes from ignorance, search your feelings and you will find that this truism holds , and holds pretty damn well
    You are hood winked big time if you think evil isn't real.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 00:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You are hood winked big time if you think evil isn't real.
    Lets face it- we're all hoodwinked a bit. Me included.
    But evil is only real from a certain point of view.
    I prefer my point of view, which btw works just fine at explaining why people seem evil.

Lets not be ignorant about this, lets be positive and life affirming. It seems the only way to go.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:04
    Lets face it- we're all hoodwinked a bit. Me included.
    But evil is only real from a certain point of view.
    I prefer my point of view, which btw works just fine at explaining why people seem evil.

Lets not be ignorant about this, lets be positive and life affirming. It seems the only way to go.
    We once again disagree.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:18
    but you did understand what he wa s sayin' , right?

are we communicating or just pontificating here, dear joseph?
    I think what I said was perfectly clear. Did you not read the post?

I have no idea what you're talking about though.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:23
    Dude! Try reading the posts before you reply. You're making no sense.

And get rid of the ganja.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 01:35
    Okay. I affirm that you are positively and blissfully ignorant about evil.

And conversely what is holy and righteous.

If God is good and holy, then anything less is evil. Quit making excuses for not knowing the difference. And quit smokin' that chit. It's screwing with your cerebral cortex functions.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:27
    We once again disagree.
    Oh well. That's okay as long as it's civil 🙂
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:30
    Dude! Try reading the posts before you reply. You're making no sense.

And get rid of the ganja.
    ganja you say?
    You know that you are one extremely unlikeable person right?

Sexist, ageist, culturally backward, no idea ,clinging to a world view that will likely die with your generation. And that is the only certainty in life (change)
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 02:342 edits
    Okay. I affirm that you are positively and blissfully ignorant about evil.

And conversely what is holy and righteous.

If God is good and holy, then anything less is evil. Quit making excuses for not knowing the difference. And quit smokin' that chit. It's screwing with your cerebral cortex functions.
    Are you ever going to work it out?

It's not too late to educate yourself. I sincerely believe you would jump off a cliff just because everyone else was doing it.

edit: Did you even read the thread title? Yes? Good, then you know what it means

I'll say one thing for myself - I tell it like I see it. And in you I see one very unsavoury character who has absolutely no idea what 'god' or 'spirituality' is. Nada. Not one iota.

How do you like them apples? I could go on all day, so change you attitude or get out of my face mate.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 03:26
    Oh well. That's okay as long as it's civil 🙂
    True!
    I would like to point out to you that you are suggesting that evil is only evil if you think it is,
    or from a specific point of view. That is like saying 1+1=6 if you stand on your head
    spinning in circles, on a Tuesday, after you ate a cheese burger for lunch.

What is real isn't a matter of a point of view, points of views are held by everyone, and
    some times we agree, and some times we do not. If two people disagree, does that mean
    that only one point of view is right, or both are right in their own little worlds, or neither of
    them are right in their own little worlds?

Points of views and opinions are realities for the ones who have them, but reality itself
    does not depend on you or I to acknowledge it, it is what it is no matter what we think.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 06:181 edit
    True!
    I would like to point out to you that you are suggesting that evil is only evil if you think it is,
    or from a specific point of view. That is like saying 1+1=6 if you stand on your head
    spinning in circles, on a Tuesday, after you ate a cheese burger for lunch.

What is real isn't a matter of a point of view, points of views are held by everyone, ...[text shortened]... itself
    does not depend on you or I to acknowledge it, it is what it is no matter what we think.
    Well I think it was josephw of all people who made the point somewhere else that everyone thinks they are right. They justify their actions through the prism of their own sight.

I would like to propose the power of thought as being much more powerful than anyone around here is giving it credit for.
    I want to empower people but I cant. They can only do it themselves.

Wouldn't you say god has a specific point of view. An all loving, all caring POV...
    all enveloping, everywhere and nowhere at once.
    God is love,etc.

Cant you see that much of Christianity is NOT empowering people, but subjugating them to others pov's ?
    I know you think we're all sinners and what not, but I see potential unfulfilled everywhere. And in the absence of people not using their potentials, we get 'evil' instead.
    Take Trump as an example. Is he evil ?I don't think so. Is he ignorant. very much so.

A lot of the stuff I say on these threads are part and parcel of belief for millions of people worldwide. It's not just something I think sounds cool. A lot of my ideas stem directly from the oldest religious texts in the world - The Upanishads.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree