1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 02:18
    Phillipians 3

although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless.

7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 More than that, I count all things to be loss [c]in view of the surpassing value of [d]knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, [e]for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and [f]the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11 [g]in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 02:191 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Phillipians 3

although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the La ...[text shortened]... eing conformed to His death; 11 [g]in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
    Was Paul correct, is this how one attains eternal life?

Of course this is from a Biblical perspective which the general population would call "Christian ".
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 15:17

Of course this is from a Biblical perspective which the general population would call "Christian ".
    In which book will we find Phillipians?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 15:521 edit

Paul is not the authority on eternal life, so if you are serious about eternal life I suggest you listen to Jesus Christ.. the true authority. Paul was what is referred to a Jewish Zealot also called an extremist. He murdered many Chrsitians without just cause. Paul was a flawed human being in mnay ways just like most of us. God used Paul to send him to preach to the Gentiles, and chose him to suffer many things while doing this. This was his punishment for killing Christians, and because he did a great job he was promised eternal life.

Pauls words must be read and understood in its entirety and not taken a piece here and there. Pauls doctrine was about both faith and good works / righteousness

Pauls FAITH led him to GOOD WORKS = ETERNAL LIFE.

If ones faith leads to nothing then the person gets nothing but damnation.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 16:14
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Paul is not the authority on eternal life, so if you are serious about eternal life I suggest you listen to Jesus Christ.. the true authority. Paul was what is referred to a Jewish Zealot also called an extremist. He murdered many Chrsitians without just cause. Paul was a flawed human being in mnay ways just like most of us. God used Paul to send him to pr ...[text shortened]... S = ETERNAL LIFE.

If ones faith leads to nothing then the person gets nothing but damnation.
    So you too deny the authority of Paul's teachings. Yet you claim Romans 2 as truth.

You are a hypocrite.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 16:23
    So you too deny the authority of Paul's teachings. Yet you claim Romans 2 as truth.

You are a hypocrite.
    If all of Pauls words are taken and used to make a conclusion about eternal life then it would be correct. You like the typical Christian take the faith only part and ignore the works part.

Take the whole thing otherwise you are the hypocrite.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 16:40
    If all of Pauls words are taken and used to make a conclusion about eternal life then it would be correct. You like the typical Christian take the faith only part and ignore the works part.

Take the whole thing otherwise you are the hypocrite.
    Hypocrite, either Paul wrote God's truth or he did not.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 18:00
    Hypocrite, either Paul wrote God's truth or he did not.
    Hypocrite, either you accept all Paul wrote or you do not.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 18:11
    [b]Hypocrite, either you accept all Paul wrote or you do not.[/b]
    If he was inspired byGod, then you ahould believe what he wrote. If he wasn't then you shouldn't.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 18:27
    If he was inspired byGod, then you ahould believe what he wrote. If he wasn't then you shouldn't.
    If he was inspired by God, then you should believe EVERYTHING he wrote. .. but you dont.

What did Paul say about good works and righteousness?. .. That Christian Saints who are evil and sinful are in a worse off position than if they did not know of Christ in the first place. Do you accept that?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 18:33
    [b]If he was inspired by God, then you should believe EVERYTHING he wrote. .. but you dont.

What did Paul say about good works and righteousness?. .. That Christian Saints who are evil and sinful are in a worse off position than if they did not know of Christ in the first place. Do you accept that?[/b]
    Why do you talk about Paul when you reject his writings?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree