1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 09:52
    Are any Christians here have experience of this type of prayer chanting?

https://www.facebook.com/rightwingwatch/videos/386755322460699/
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 11:30
    Ok there’s at least one then
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:44
    @divegeester said

OMG!

I walked out after the third "I hear the sound". I was afraid her left breast was going to flop out.

One might hope that a president would have a whole team of "spiritual advisers" of the caliber of someone like Billy Graham.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:51
    @divegeester said

I heard from a reliable source these people are born again Christians and they cannot sin.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:54
    @divegeester said
    Ok there’s at least one then
    Just because you start a thread doesn't mean everybody needs to drop what they're doing and reply all at once.

I can see you up on the stage in a 500 dollar suit ranting on and on and on 'can you hear me' ' can you hear me' 'can you hear me' in a hyper-stressed voice at the top of your lungs while the collection plate is passed umpteen times. 🤖
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:57
    @rajk999 said
    I heard from a reliable source these people are born again Christians and they cannot sin.
    You're the only source you have, and all you hear is your own voice echoing in your head the same line you've been pasting in this forum since you got here.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:58
    @secondson saidI walked out after the third "I hear the sound". I was afraid her left breast was going to flop out.
    Lol.

You should grit your teeth and watch it all, it’s quite astonishing.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 12:59
    @secondson said
    Just because you start a thread doesn't mean everybody needs to drop what they're doing and reply all at once.

I can see you up on the stage in a 500 dollar suit ranting on and on and on 'can you hear me' ' can you hear me' 'can you hear me' in a hyper-stressed voice at the top of your lungs while the collection plate is passed umpteen times. 🤖
    You misunderstood my post, or rather I didn’t make myself clear enough.

Shortly after my OP it received a single red thumb but no comment. So I was being a little tongue-in-cheek about it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 13:00
    @rajk999 said
    “These people”??
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 13:14
    @divegeester said
    Lol.

You should grit your teeth and watch it all, it’s quite astonishing.
    I would but I graduated from that kind of hyperbolism back in the eighties.

It's exactly indicative of how far the commercial "church" has drifted from the gospel over the last hundred years. Lights, sounds, smoke machines and emotional and sensational entertainment for the flesh has trumped the Spirit.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 13:19
    @divegeester said
    “These people”??
    If one is not in Rajk's club they're "these people".

Don't be fooled. Rajk is merely trying to ingratiate you by separating 'those people' from the spiritually elite of whom he thinks he belongs and drag you in.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 13:231 edit
    @divegeester said
    You misunderstood my post, or rather I didn’t make myself clear enough.

Shortly after my OP it received a single red thumb but no comment. So I was being a little tongue-in-cheek about it.
    I know. I was just pulling your chain, but not to aggravate you. I was being sarcastic. I think I rarely make myself clear.

I hadn't noticed the thumb down, and now that you mention it, it seems an impulsive gesture for no cause. IMO
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 14:44
    @secondson said
    I would but I graduated from that kind of hyperbolism back in the eighties.

It's exactly indicative of how far the commercial "church" has drifted from the gospel over the last hundred years. Lights, sounds, smoke machines and emotional and sensational entertainment for the flesh has trumped the Spirit.
    It's an exponential change curve; I'd say the last 30 years have been the worst.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 16:40
    @divegeester said
    It's an exponential change curve; I'd say the last 30 years have been the worst.
    Agreed.

It seems, more than ever, at least to my way of perceiving the struggle between "light and darkness" relative to the influence of the church on the world, that time is running out, or better yet, the world is running out of room.

I can't help thinking of 2 Thessalonians 2:3.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first,..

"Falling away" - apostasy.

"That day" in verse 3 refers back to the phrase "day of Christ" in verse 2.

The "day of Christ", in my opinion, begins with the resumption of the prophetic timetable, the start of the "seventieth week" of the prophecy of Daniel, and runs through the "millennial reign" of Christ on earth.

A Hugh topic of debate even within the church.

Question is, is the apostasy upon us?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '20 11:14
    @secondson said

Question is, is the apostasy upon us?
    Probably since since half way through the first century, give or take.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree