1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 14:242 edits
    Right! If one prefers "wild ox" use the version that tickles your ears, for it matters not if we believe it is a rhinoceros unicornis or a wild ox to our salvation. Just don't use the New World Translation.

The Instructor
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 14:47
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The Sahadic Coptic bible is dated late 2nd century by most scholars, some think it's slightly later.
    yes isn't it amazing!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 14:482 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    bwhahahah, at the time yet its still in the King James Version, no wonder you people are so mixed up, you are living in the past, unicorns, brilliant.

What major tenet of my faith is effected by the presence of the word "unicorns" in the King James Bible ?

Does it insist that no other English version but the KJV should I use ?
    Do ence the word "unicorns" in the 17th century King James English version of the Bible ?
    none, but that is not the point, is it. We are talking of accuracy of translation, last time I looked, unicorns were different from rhinos.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 17:501 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    none, but that is not the point, is it. We are talking of accuracy of translation, last time I looked, unicorns were different from rhinos.
    Nope, they are still the same. You will still find them in the scientific literature. It is just some fool changed the definition in the dictionary and others followed suit. That is why today's Biblical translators don't know a unicorn from a wlid ox or a wild bull.

The Instructor
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Nope, they are still the same. You will still find them in the scientific literature. It is just some fool changed the definition in the dictionary and others followed suit. That is why today's Biblical translators don't know a unicorn from a wlid ox or a wild bull.

The Instructor
    bwahahahah, such court jesters like you are hard to find these days, people care too much.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 19:37
    bwahahahah, such court jesters like you are hard to find these days, people care too much.
    I am only giving you the truth, so that if you will accept it that you will be set free.

The Instructor
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 21:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am only giving you the truth, so that if you will accept it that you will be set free.

The Instructor
    Soooo funny
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jun '13 23:16
    Soooo funny
    And I wasn't even trying to be. Wow!

HalleluYah !!!

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree